Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

mti or avenger.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

mti or avenger.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 12:39 PM
faster u fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mti or avenger.

Ok guys I need some opinions here. I have decided to build my first boat instead of buying an RTR. I was sold on the avenger 44 pro, until I ran into the MTI cat. I only want to run one engine and was looking at running a Zen 26. Can anyone give me info on performance diff. between the two. Rough water, speeds. handling ect. Also does anyone have a good lead on the thru the transom exhaust tips xxx boatworks made.
Thanks

Chris.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:12 PM
P.R. Racing

Default RE: mti or avenger.

Hello chris there are both good hulls. i have the thunderbolt with a toxicmarine neurotoxin rxt and it's doing 58 - 60 mph, my friend has a avenger and is also in the same speed. I have heard that the mti with a 26 is very slow shes a 60" cat. I love the thunderbolt and can handel rough water better than the avenger any day. and can't go wrong with a toxic engine grade a costumer service and they just won in almost ever cat in at the nats. Those are my two cents.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:53 PM
faster u fool

Thanks, I looked at the thunderbolt also and liked it but don't know how big it is. I'll be on a bit of a budget so probably won't be able to buy a hopped up engine just yet. so will the thunder bolt run well on the zen 26?
Old 06-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Paul M

Like he said the MTI is a larger heavier boat and is going to need a bit more grunt than a 26 to get your pulse rate up. I've had both Thunderbolt and an MTI. They are great boats. If you can't afford a modded engine, I'd do the Thunderbolt. It's about 50" long.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:00 PM
mauian

If you on a budget , do the Avenger. You will get more bang for your buck, with a stock Zen in her and when you upgrade the engine ya better get a heart monitor....lol. I have the Avenger 44 pro , she handles extremely well and screaming with a QD25HT.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Paul M

The avenger would be a great choice too