Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Arrowshark fighter cat.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Arrowshark fighter cat.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 08:34 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Arrowshark fighter cat.

I see these are pretty new and getting info on them is hard. A search showed up several people on RCU that had bought one but no one made any comment on how it ran or the durability of the boat.
So lets hear it. How do they perform? Has the quality improved?
Old 07-08-2008, 07:59 PM
tc4 drft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Arrowshark fighter cat.

I asked the same thing not too long ago. No one replied. In my honest opinion, the Venom KOS or Segad is the way to go. The hull alone is what sold me. Way better looking than the Arrowshark. Though I like some of the features that come on the arrowshark, and both use the same type of G260 clone, the KOS has won my heart over. Plus, you get a good quality 3chFM radio, and a totally scale looking cat. Yea, the Arrowshark comes w clutch, pump, scale looking exhaust, and auto bailers.....but to me it just doesn't look good. The hatch needs some revising, and a radio system would be nice. Also, there's an 8page thread so far on the venom boats. No one replies to the arrowshark...that alone should say something.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:39 PM
dicko

only problem is getting a venom hull in Australia is a little harder (and more expensive) than getting one from Asia. He also has his own engine & radio that he'll be swapping out for the stock gear.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:56 PM
GRANT ED

The biggest problem I have at the moment is just getting a boat. You would not believe the trouble I have had trying to get a scale looking cat in Australia. I have my own radio gear and engine. I did consider the KOS but once again being in Aus is going to be a problem. The KOS has only just been release in the US, it will be a while away from getting here. The SV27 was about a year later getting to Aus from when it was in the US.
Also no one has used a venom cat. To get feedback on how it runs is as difficult as the fighter.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:43 PM
tc4 drft

Sorry about that. Didn't see where you were from.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Have you checked out what Danny at Sonic Racing has? He's got some good looking fast Cat's.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:58 AM
dicko

nothing in the 50" single engine range though.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:07 AM
GRANT ED

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

Have you checked out what Danny at Sonic Racing has? He's got some good looking fast Cat's.
I did check out sonic racing. Danny's cats look great and from everything I have heard they perform really well. Only problem is there size. I am really after something that can run upper 50's maybe even low 60's with a single modded zen. Danny's cats would need at least twins (his own has twin twin's) to get near that.
If it all gets too hard I may look at getting something for an inline twin (possibly viper hulls cat) but would rather not at this stage.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:08 AM
jacob711

one of my mates has one of the arrowshark hydros and it is pretty good quality, he is running a mod sikk motor and it handles it pretty good

im not sure if you have heard of them before but there is a cat hull made in New Zealand called eurocat and it is 54"

there are some pics of bentley's about halfway down http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7526527/tm.htm