Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Another Falcon build

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Another Falcon build

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 05:54 AM
Mr.Freeze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another Falcon build

Man I'm getting really ticked off my props haven't arrived yet, so in the mean time I guess I just have to make a few other changes. I ordered an easy pull starter which did arrive yesterday, thanks for the quick shipment gizmo, so I had to tear into things as soon as I got in from work. Removing the stock pull start was a breeze using the supplied piston stop that came with the kit, I had the units changed over in what seemed like 2 minutes. I am very impressed with the difference between the stock pull start and the easy pull. Before you would the jerk as you came to TDC now the internal spring winds up and stores energy as the piston comes up against the compression, and once you get past TDC it releases it's energy along with the rest of your pull spinning the engine over a little faster. This makes for quicker starts and less blisters. I highly recommend this starter especially if you need to replace a broken one.

Before:

After: