Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Miss Elam 1/8 Hydro RTR Brand new for $600..

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Miss Elam 1/8 Hydro RTR Brand new for $600..

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 10:20 PM
locktite
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miss Elam 1/8 Hydro RTR Brand new for $600..

One of my buddies who was thinking about picking up his first gas boat found a brand new Pro-boat Miss Elam 1/8 Hydro RTR for $600..I was also going to get into gas boats and actually made a deal for one but just couldn't handle the size right now and I am having fun with my Brushless boats...This is his first Gas boat and he is not looking for crazy speed..It is just something for him to mess around with us on Sundays at are local pond which is always very calm. He has already started taking it apart and is going over the whole boat,,He is very experienced in all other parts of the hobby and just got into gas boats.For $600, Brand new, I think he did pretty good for his first Gas boat..What do you guys think...
Old 10-07-2008, 05:24 AM
smuff168

Default RE: Miss Elam 1/8 Hydro RTR Brand new for $600..

I think he got a great deal, considering they sell / list for 1099.00..............I have the 1/12 one, but havent run it yet.......anymore available around that price ?....or did he get it from someone who wanted out.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:08 AM
locktite

He got it Brand new from his LHS...It was a special order for someone who ended up not taking it and they didn't have room for it..Instead of sending it back to the distributer they gave him an awesome deal...
Old 10-07-2008, 11:17 PM
locktite

Well he has already started with the upgrades..Bonzi clutch is on the way and Octura X472 prop..He wants to know if the Bonzi BONZÃ Rudder Blade will fit..Here is the link..http://bonzisports.com/catalogue/pro...roducts_id=271
Old 10-08-2008, 11:00 AM
locktite

This forum isn't too helpful...Time to find some other forums..
Old 10-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Dan S

He may be disapointed and wasting money putting a clutch on a Hydro.

Most Hydro like the Aeromarine Thunderbolt, Seaducer Hydro's, Stryker Hydro's and others will not take off from a dead start, most of them all require to be given a good launch.

if he plans on cruising around and than stop and idle just for fun the chances are that it is the only thing the boat will be doing until it is retreived and re-launched.

Maybe the Miss Elam is different.

before you look for a better forum, give this one a chance, you only posted yesterday.
use the search feature and look for 1/8 miss Elam.

Dan.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Dan S

ORIGINAL: locktite

Well he has already started with the upgrades..Bonzi clutch is on the way and Octura X472 prop..He wants to know if the Bonzi BONZÃ Rudder Blade will fit..Here is the link..http://bonzisports.com/catalogue/pro...roducts_id=271
That Bonzi rudder blade is a component of the Bonzi CZ Out Drive System, unless he can make that blade fit on his original rudder bracket, he will also need the Bonzi rudder pivot block and the Bonzi main support braket.

But again this is for all for a totally different drive system.
He could have a look at CMDI Rudder assembly, http://www.cmdracing.com/updated/hardware.htm or Speedmaster only to name a few.

Dan.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:18 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SEEYAA
Old 10-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Proboat 772

Read this post for ideas http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_63...tm.htm#6378471

Speedmaster rudder is the best fit with minimum machining of the origional bracket.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:47 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

SEEYAA
LOOSEN UP there loctite.....LOL....... [:-]......... so's whooz boat is it and WHY is HE not on here????? IMO he could've saved himself some $$$ and ditched the clutch altogether, nothin worse than adding weight to a Proboat hydro....ESPECIALLY behind the COG....but thats just my opinion......what do i know........ [&:] Heck...I'm on the edge of blo-over already
Old 10-08-2008, 08:20 PM
locktite

My buddy Joe is not one to be on forums or even a computer for that matter..I am just trying to help him out with questions he has..Does that explain it buddy... Not everyone that owns an RC boat goes on forums..I will eventually get back into gas boats but i am having too much fun with my brushless boats..I am sure i will have another gasser...
Old 10-08-2008, 08:59 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL....yup,sure does..... tell your buddy Joe, to make sure his Center-of-Gravity is right behind the sponson,before he goes adding more weight to it,(with that beefy bonzai clutch)we here on the forums don't like anyone to end up with a stinker..........or a sinker....... thats just our nature..... [8D] ,but one thing we do insist on is being non-insistent in letting other's do as they like....... [:-]
Old 10-09-2008, 08:07 PM
locktite

Ok back to the questions..Can he just purchase the speedmaster rudder separately without the bracket..What type of mods need to be done to the stock bracket..Also which speedmaster rudder would he look into purchasing...Thanks
Old 10-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Proboat 772

Ok back to the questions..Can he just purchase the speedmaster rudder separately without the bracket..What type of mods need to be done to the stock bracket..Also which speedmaster rudder would he look into purchasing...Thanks

I used the dual pickup rudder. You will have to machine (open up) the throat of the Proboat bracket to accept the bearing block. The pin fits fine - the rudder horn has to be specified with the arm on the right side of the block. You may be able to order the rudder and block only.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40110.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	1048961  
Old 10-09-2008, 11:26 PM
locktite

Thanks..Did you change the turn fin..I may have to get me one after this...
Old 10-09-2008, 11:33 PM
Proboat 772

Yes, I made mine from .080 Aircraft aluminum. There is a huge difference in handling.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:30 AM
locktite

Do you suggest he purchase one already made with the mount..If so where is the best place to get one..If not do you have dimensions on the fin you made...Thanks
Old 10-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Proboat 772

Do you suggest he purchase one already made with the mount..If so where is the best place to get one..If not do you have dimensions on the fin you made...Thanks
Go to www.insaneboats.com for turn fin only at $20.00 You can fab a bracket fron a piece of 1/8 angle or perhaps his bracket would work. I made my own so I can't attest to how these fit on Proboat hydro. My fin is shaped very similar to his.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I have to agree, loose the clutch and (if installed) water pump. That boat is very tail heavy out of the box and for each ounce you get out of the back of the boat, it's one less you have to add up front