Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Spektrum on water not rcomended

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Spektrum on water not rcomended

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 12:49 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Spektrum on water not rcomended

ORIGINAL: Dave ESPI

Great ! now I find out about this, after I just managed to avoid a nearly disasterous situation where I couldn't idle down my boat and had to run it aground while using Dx3 radio. Beat up my hull, knocked my transom loose and beat the prop to hell on the rocks.

Perhaps Horizon will pay for a new prop since their manuals said NOTHING about not using it in a boat.

Sorry you found out the hard way m8 it annoys me Horizon and others still sell these radios in boats when the makers specify its not recomended for use on water.
Mart
Old 05-29-2009, 01:46 PM
lomcevac540T
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like they would at least mention it somewhere, but that's not the case...
Old 05-29-2009, 03:28 PM
monsterbrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I had a stock Manta Ray out today with the RTRradio from Futaba with a fail safe and it glitched the entire time.
What a bunch of crap.
Oh well.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:37 PM
Dan S

what is a bunch of crap?

Dan.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:43 PM
NitroBandit

[size=4] I got the SPECTRUM to run my boats and what happen each time is at about 150ft. I would loose the signal. That freecked me out because my boat run 75mph + and coast me allot of money. I went to my hobbie shop that sold me on this new thechnology. He did not belive me so he went with me to run a boat and sew what was happening and the danger of wrecking the boat or someone getting hurt. He contacted the manufacturs, after 4 months I got different receivers with longer antennas. I was told that with the shorter antenna the signal would bounce on the surface of the water abd get scatterd. I have not to this day had a problem lossing the signal, and am very pleased with the SPECRUM.

Mike
Old 03-23-2010, 10:54 PM
claserdesigns
My Feedback: (14)

I use a DX3s and a SR3000T receiver with extended antenna and it works great on my airboat

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd2oGhnA_tg[/youtube]
Old 03-24-2010, 07:09 PM
nitro_79
My Feedback: (2)

Just thought I would add to this, seems that I have had similar issues and was fortunate enough to not crash my boat. My boat ran great with the old spektrum radio using the sr3000, until it got a about 150ft or so away and would just lose signal and go to failsafe and kill the boat. No one has mentioned yet that spektrum has a marine RX the MR3000 with two antennas and its water proof, but it only works with the newer DSM2 radios, so have to sell my dx3 and get a new dx3s and a marine RX.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:13 PM
nitro_79
My Feedback: (2)

also, claserdesigns your airboat doesn't throw up the rooster tails of water that would cause the interference, so you are probably ok with that setup.