Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Boat Modeler Magazine ?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Boat Modeler Magazine ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Dana W

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Boat Modeler Magazine ?

Well thanks guys , that explains why I can never find that magazine in our stores anymore .
Old 01-20-2009, 03:04 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to subscribe to RCBM. I have since not renewed my subscription (despite them sending me about 10 renew now notices). I have two reasons for this.
Firstly I was sick of every review being glowing in praise. If the real world is like this why bother reading mag reviews as it seams everything is good. My second reason is the large amount of adds. RCBM is not a big magazine as it is but when its half full of adds then why bother??
Both these reasons are driven by the advertising dollar. While I'm sure the mag producers like to recieve money for adds it's not much good if no one is reading the mag.
I hope other magazine producers are taking note, filling a mag with adds is the quickest way to get a lot of readers to stop reading.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:05 PM
chief3452

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It may not be relevant, but just for kicks I checked Air Age website and the magazine still shows up in their lineup. The webpage for RCBM is still up too, I wonder why they aren't corresponding with subscribers and advertisers. Puzzling ???
Old 01-27-2009, 09:11 PM
budman10
My Feedback: (2)

THE mag was out dated and sucked anyway ! We need a newer online type mag ,thats were all this stuff is going anyways kind of like the news papers
Old 01-28-2009, 12:40 AM
dwr9

There already is at least one online magazine. Doug

Mod edit - removed link to membership restricted site
Old 01-28-2009, 01:17 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Too bad the staff didn't listen when we all got on them over what needed to change at the magazine. I remember Jerry Dunlap complaining over an article he sent in that was edited to the point it didn't even cover the event he reported on. Only thing that was really left was the placing list, which doesn't do much good if you don't know the drivers involved.

Yes, DD, I remember the Miss Dud, since I was one of the ones that came up with that name for the cheap boat that needed to be recalled and totally redesigned. In my opinion, it still does, through all of it's reworks and "slight" improvements. I would still love to see RCMB revived, but with a new staff that listens to the readers and not the advertisers all-mighty dollars
Old 01-28-2009, 01:39 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

You must be typing about the same one that Jerry and I discussed at one time. He and Rick Eyrich wrote a huge article together with pictures which could have filled 3 pages but most of it was gone except for a few stock photos.
One other article in there tickled me, the one on the Shockwave 55 boat. The author said that it had an air-cooled engine but as most of us know and don't have to be gas burners that the shot clearly showed a water-cooled head.
Sites like this may have to be the Comsumers Reports of R/C boating. This site does have a place for manufacturers to make product announcements and we've got plenty of people more than willing to do product reviews. There are proper ways for manufacturers to do things so they should refer to the RCU rules (that should be a link) as to the right way to do things here.
I picked up the latest issue of RC Driver and they're doing a little more on boats as they had the VS-1 featured along with another boat. They're really not boaters and the articles were too short but with some encouragement they could have a future plus it's more of a car and truck magazine that I can tolerate.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:20 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

OK, finally a word from one of their contributors, Rick Eyrich.
The magazine is no more. Coverage of R/C boats will continue in RCCA, just what I didn't want to hear but that's me as I lost interest in the 4-wheelers a long time ago.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:43 AM
bandit70

whats up with NAMBA sent my app in and got noresponse after 2 weeks plus i just paid for the boat mag for one year whats up boats are not wanted well i guess its time to form a knew idea any one want help me get this going. I think that the NAMBA just dont care
if they did boats would be as equal as flyin a plane
Old 02-01-2009, 08:30 AM
w3bby

ORIGINAL: bandit70
whats up with NAMBA sent my app in and got no response after 2 weeks
[link=http://namba.com/content/how_to_join.asp]namba.com[/link] clearly states 2-3 weeks so you still might have a week to wait. Not everything happens overnight!!