Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Dumas Scarab

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Dumas Scarab

Old 07-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Lil Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dumas Scarab

The old carb says 231, and wt640... and if all goes to plan we'll see ya on wednesday! Yeah!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:47 PM
bullboy8

Sounds like a plan Stan!!
Old 07-27-2009, 10:06 AM
FlogginHarvey

NICE!!!! Looks awesome on the water! 25 is a VERY respectable number out of the homie in that BIG boat!

I picked up a k-10 rebuild kit for my WT644...i think the diaphram was shot.

Here is a vid of mine running. Feels GREAT getting them wet, eh?! Keep tuning. I am going to swap on a two-blade prop as well to see if the revs don't come up a touch. My cousin has a Prather Fun Cruiser with a homie and I think his prop is a 260 Prather (it has a 3/16" stub shaft on it) and I bet he was running every bit 25mph when he opened it up??? Sounded like he was getting every R out of the motor...where mine is not quite up on the pipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtSKPgVlkpc
Old 07-27-2009, 04:11 PM
bullboy8

Nice Vid Floggin'! I'm sooooo invious of you right now...being up in Osage beach, with WATER, TREES, CLOUDS, BIRDS, (ANYTHING LIVING FOR THAT MATTER)... I use to go to Osage atleast once a year. I gotta farm in Meta, MO. About 25 min. south of Jefferson city. Sure looks like a nice place were your running your boat!

Dave, I caould not find anything for the life of me on that new carb. My "guess" is it is a weeee bit bigger (bore) than the stocker? Got my radio in today so I should be ready by wednesday! -Ed
Old 07-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Lil Dave

Yeah Harvey!! what a beauty of a machine you have there! And a sweet place to run too! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your action shots.... I'm hoping to get a vid on wednesday, if I get her to run well enough! I decided I'm gonna put the vents on, and do some vinyl decals to dress her up a bit, she's pretty pale now, But I want function, form can come later, I know the pipe will bring it around some, I may look at another carb too... But for now it feels good to have finally gotten her wet, and I'm looking forward to throwing her back in! Keep the updates coming and please let me know if anyone knows about this carb i'm running! Thanks! Dave
Old 07-29-2009, 10:15 AM
FlogginHarvey

ORIGINAL: bullboy8

Nice Vid Floggin'! I'm sooooo invious of you right now...being up in Osage beach, with WATER, TREES, CLOUDS, BIRDS, (ANYTHING LIVING FOR THAT MATTER)... I use to go to Osage atleast once a year. I gotta farm in Meta, MO. About 25 min. south of Jefferson city. Sure looks like a nice place were your running your boat!

Dave, I caould not find anything for the life of me on that new carb. My ''guess'' is it is a weeee bit bigger (bore) than the stocker? Got my radio in today so I should be ready by wednesday! -Ed

Ed, call me the next time you are this way! Love to grab a beer and run a boat!!!

It is beautiful in the Ozark "Mountains." I think the desert is pretty as well but I always miss the green!
Old 07-29-2009, 10:18 AM
FlogginHarvey

ORIGINAL: Lil Dave

Yeah Harvey!! what a beauty of a machine you have there! And a sweet place to run too! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your action shots.... I'm hoping to get a vid on wednesday, if I get her to run well enough! I decided I'm gonna put the vents on, and do some vinyl decals to dress her up a bit, she's pretty pale now, But I want function, form can come later, I know the pipe will bring it around some, I may look at another carb too... But for now it feels good to have finally gotten her wet, and I'm looking forward to throwing her back in! Keep the updates coming and please let me know if anyone knows about this carb i'm running! Thanks! Dave

I know, I was trying to wait until I had mine dialed in to post some vids but I have actually gotten some help/advice after posting vids with the sound of the motor (shows tune and prop) and where the water is breaking off the hull (shows trim and running angle).

I am also getting some help from another Dumas Scarab owner (from another site) with a semi-submerged setup and h has helped a TON!
Old 07-30-2009, 07:28 PM
bullboy8

Got some pics and a video of Dave's Dumas. I'll let Dave explain to you guys why the prop is in the water and not on his boat LOL
http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/c...t=DSCN0441.flv

Old 07-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Lil Dave

Very funny Ed!! Yeah so I thought I had my prop nut tight, I guess not! I'm lucky it was right there for us to spot... the funny thing was I found the nut and quickly lost it in the grass... dumb*****!! But Ed kicked in the fuel hose/zip tie method and it worked like a champ!! It cruises great for a stock homie with a bunk carb and a canister muffler, lol... I didn't run the cowl because I am in the process of finding some magnets to secure it... But thanks for shooting a great video! Another great time at the pond! let me know when your ready for another round!! Thanks man!
Old 07-31-2009, 10:25 AM
FlogginHarvey

NICE!!!!!!! Congrats on getting it running! It looks great. I cannot believe you found the prop and the prop nut (the first time). That is sooooooooooooooooo lucky!

The hard work paid off! Keep us innthe loop as you tune and tweak that is the REALLY fun and tidious part!
Old 08-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Lil Dave

Hey guys... Hard times have fallen.... Thinking of selling her.... Any interest?
Old 08-26-2009, 05:19 PM
FlogginHarvey

OH NO!!!! So sorry to hear that!!! I am in a Hobby Spending moratorium...I will see if anyone in my area has interest. Really too bad! if it's gotta go it's gotta go...

edit: check your pm's...

pop me an email.