Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Enforcer team pro engine upgrade!

Old 05-02-2009, 03:49 PM
mikewait

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Enforcer team pro engine upgrade!

I ordered a team pro a few days ago and i chose the m5 engine...
i heard it goes in the high 40's and the low 50's with the m5!
But if i ever wanted to put a even faster engine in what would be the next step up (that can still use a clutch)
What engine would get my team pro to about 60 mph?
And what engine would get my team pro to do 70mph... probably a full mod engine right??
Old 05-02-2009, 07:27 PM
cheesewizz69

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Enforcer team pro engine upgrade!

I own Enforcer Super Sport with a stock G260PUM with a canister exhaust and she is dialed in at 38mph from experiance. I can tell you that the Team Pro and my SS share the same hull design. Once you get your Team Pro broken in you should see speeds in the mid to upper 40's. At those speeds your in for some fun and exciting driving. These hulls are realy not designed for anything over 50mph.

Now that I said that if you realy want to hit 60+ with your Team Pro your going to need to put the boat on a diet. Get rid of clutch get a realy good prop, ditch one of the rudders and work on the Trim tabs or remove them as well. Plus upgrade to M6 and that should get you to 60 for about 300 feet before she flips.

I am not trying to discurage you but use the boat for what it is. A fast well built sport boat that runs like a Timex.

Or just get a hold of the guy selling the 60mph air cooled custom one off enforcer clone. LOL

Old 05-02-2009, 07:35 PM
mikewait

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Alright i don't think i will get rid of the dual rudder or the trim tabs...
also the m6 can't have a clutch so i don't like that idea...
Looks like im stuck with the m5
Unless i send in my m5 and get it even more modified http://bonzisports.com/mods.html
If i had the bzx2 or bzx4 how fast would my boat go if i trimmed it right??? and maybe changed the prop...
Also any prop recommendations???
Old 05-02-2009, 07:58 PM
cheesewizz69

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mikewait

Alright i don't think i will get rid of the dual rudder or the trim tabs...
also the m6 can't have a clutch so i don't like that idea...
Looks like im stuck with the m5
Unless i send in my m5 and get it even more modified http://bonzisports.com/mods.html
If i had the bzx2 or bzx4 how fast would my boat go if i trimmed it right??? and maybe changed the prop...
Also any prop recommendations???
I realy can not comment on bonzi engines as I have never seen one running at our lake. But I still think the limiting factor is the hull design not the power plant. When we setup ours on the "way" loose side we been have been able to run in the low 40's it is just not as much fun when it spends more time in the air than on the water. BTW the M6 can be used with a clutch, it just will not be as fast with it on.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82868.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	1190825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36605.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	1190826  
Old 05-02-2009, 08:50 PM
t00fatt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cheesewizz69
BTW the M6 can be used with a clutch, it just will not be as fast with it on.
Leo if I remember correctly Tony says the M6 does not like to idle low enough for the clutch not to engage.

Have you seen any R/C boats in person? High 40's is plenty fast, especially for a new boater. You say where your running isn't really calm, so you may not even be able to go past 40mph except on very calm days. I really think you should run the boat for a while before you get tired of the speed, not before you've even got it. I know when I was saving up for my boat, I would have been just as excited for it if it only did 30mph. With some chop, 30mph can be a lot of fun. I was just in the keys bashing 1ft waves at 20, maybe 15mph and it was about the most fun I've had with my magnum yet.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:25 PM
steinersamuel

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

For one a whh motor and a bonzi motor don't even compare. from experience, bonzi is junk when compared to whh. as the guys have been telling you, for a whh hull 50mph is about all ur gonna see safely. These hulls were not built with all out speed in mind, more reliability and longevity. These hulls are built to take a beating and trust me, it will be the most relliable boat you will ever own. I've had mine for almost 10 years, and is till just as solid as the day I got it. Just run it, 45-50mph will be fast enough for you for a while. If you wanna go faster, buy a silex next year
Old 05-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Jamming

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Agree ! I have a team pro also with a M-5 and you can get into the low 50's but its difficult, I got a average run of 48 mph and hit 53 mph long enough to get a reading on my GPS but it was about as fast as i wanted to go with this boat. The few tricks i did to get it there was to thin the twin rudders a bit and get them sharp as possible and print the hull from the stern 6 inches. I needed to sand the hull about 10 thou to get it totally flat and then sharpen the bottom edge of the transom. Re-paint and scuff off the gloss from front to back with a scotch pad. Run with a fairly high bow, Very little tab. I am running a prather 270 prop and it's a handful. But fun to run on the edge of a blowover. Keep it stock its a very forgiving fun boat. But if you want to go 60 for cheap just pick-up a good race hull and use your M-5, I bought a proboat hydro and with about $250 and my other M-5 i am getting in the high 50's with a few 60 mph runs. But also a handful of fun.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:26 PM
cheesewizz69

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: t00fatt

ORIGINAL: cheesewizz69
BTW the M6 can be used with a clutch, it just will not be as fast with it on.
Leo if I remember correctly Tony says the M6 does not like to idle low enough for the clutch not to engage.
Danny, I'm not sure what the M6 idles at but you can purchase diffrent springs for a clutch if you need it to engage at a higher RPM. The point I was trying to get accross to "Mikewait" was regarding the design of the hull. Which we all can agree is not setup for all out racing. I know when I started with the Apache years ago when this all started I was happy running 15mph out in the Atlantic and the intercoastal wateryways. LOL

Mike we are all just trying to help you out here, use the boat for what it was made to do and you have years of fun with it. If your serious about hitting the speed in 60's order the Silex.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Jamming

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mikewait

I ordered a team pro a few days ago and i chose the m5 engine...
i heard it goes in the high 40's and the low 50's with the m5!
But if i ever wanted to put a even faster engine in what would be the next step up (that can still use a clutch)
What engine would get my team pro to about 60 mph?
And what engine would get my team pro to do 70mph... probably a full mod engine right??
Well my friend i gotta tell you, I started getting more interested in seeing how fast my team pro will go with the M-5 because of your post. I did a few mods to the hull months ago and never really spent much time tuning the engine, I just finished moments ago running the boat. I work on a lake, A little chop and some engine tuning its running 51-53 solid. Very fast for such a boat, My hands are shaking as i type this post. You wont believe how fast that is until you run it yourself, I am a new gas boater so to me this thing is very fast. You will have a blast at 50 trust me. Don't think to hard about numbers because you will swear it's going 70 when you hit 50 with your team pro. MAN WHAT A RUSH !!!! Have fun !!!
Old 05-03-2009, 03:47 PM
mikewait

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I see you have a spektrum on your team pro... Do u have the ekg, fail safe and over temp guard you get from WWH... Because i have 2 or cars and they run soektrum
So i was wondering if the ekg and fail safe and over temperature guard still work on 2.4 radios
Because someone told me that they don't work for some reason and im just wondering if i could change my radio system to 2.4 instead of having am :|

And how do u quote? when i try it i can never do it right... lmao
Old 05-03-2009, 04:13 PM
t00fatt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The EKG and OKG do work with any radio, they don't have anything to do with the radio system. I had both, and after a couple months my OKG failed, during a run I could hear my engine missing. Wasn't sure what it was, but it wasn't killing the engine. The next time out, she wouldn't start and had no spark. Once I disconnected the OKG she fired right up. Somehow it failed and closed to circuit grounding the source coil. Since day one the terminals coming out of the OKG were loose, and seemed to get even looser as time went on. I'm sure if I emailed Tony about it he would replace it. I just decided to keep it simple and not run it, and just make sure the water is flowing ever couple of passes. The transom water picks ups are supposed to be less prone to picking up debris, at least that is what I was told by Tony. Now the EKG I would recommend to run on ANY gas model, whether it be a car or boat.

EDIT: And Leo the springs Tony uses in his clutches engage at 8500rpm if I remember correctly. I was under the impression these are the high RPM springs.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:36 AM
monsterbrad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am surprised to hear that you guys are getting that kinda speed outa this boat.
The thing is so short and stubby
This was the boat that I wanted but ended up with an older Revenge which is in the Mid 40's on slight chop with a BH Hanson Modd Zen 23.
If you would like to see pics I will post some.
Anyways great to see this boat is what I was hoping it would have been.
Maybe some day I will get one to mess with.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:49 AM
MKMotorsport

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I highly doubt you'll ever get an XP hull to 60 reliably and repeatdly let alone 70 First, the hull has too much lift, Serious modifications to the strakes and hull bottom would be needed to take this lift out to keep the thing from spontaneously taking flight. Also hurting the top speed potential is the hulls freeboard height- way too high which creates ALOT of aerodynamic drag at those kind of speeds. Compare this hull to any purpose built race hull and the difference is very obvious. Also the hull is wide and HEAVY, good for play boat and aggressive sport boat use but not so much for roundy round racing or top speed potential. Also the inline rudder/hardware will also be a limiting factor past a certain point as far as handling and drag goes. Again, I run one of these with an M5, and that's really about all the boat can handle. Even then its not difficult to land it upsidedown with a hamfisted throttle trigger... also as someone else said, when you get one of these up near the high 40's/low 50's you swear it was doing 70, lol...

Team XP/M5 doing low 40's in some confused and mixed chop..

Interesting side note: I have a WHH M5 with no clutch in an Aeromarine Cyclone cat I just finished. I'm still working on setups with it and just finished breaking it in and am probably getting high 50's/low 60's with it (have not gps'd yet)... Interesting to compare the same power in different hull types...

AM Cyclone/ WHH M5 no clutch.. not quite complete here- was finding the balance point in this photo..

have fun

MKM
Old 05-04-2009, 10:31 AM
pyro1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Team Pro runs a wet tuned exhaust. Go to a dry tuned. You loose about 20% with the wet tuned (echo distortion). You might want to try the new
RCMK w/about 4.5hp out of the box.

pyro1
Old 05-06-2009, 04:32 PM
FlamingsportG

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ok. i have a question, i bought my Enforceer Sport G almost 8 years ago and have been running the stock 30cc homelite that came in it. I wanted to know what would be a good "upgrade" for it with out haveing to do a lot of work. I want it to go 30 - 40 mph but i don't want to spend 500 to 1000 bucks to get it there. Thanks for any help in advance
Old 05-06-2009, 07:48 PM
black talon
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

go with the rcmk for about $240.00. that should do it.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:20 PM
paintendave

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just picked one up one used there pretty cool Boat! Just getting use to it . Daniel at Enforcer Rc is great help as well.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:17 AM
Hydro Junkie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

How about a Zenoah 260? You can get one from B H Hanson for around $200 as shown at the bottom of this web page:
Marine Engine Product Line

You will still need to get an appropriate exhaust or modify what you have to work
Old 08-09-2018, 07:07 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Marc, there were some points mentioned in this old thread. The Enforcer hulls are a little wavy on the bottoms so they have to be blueprinted or the handling gets thrown out of the window over 50 MPH. Weight is not his friend but he doesn't want the boat to go on a diet by removing the clutch plus the additional drag of a dual rudder setup. If the rudders aren't perfectly aligned that can cause additional drag.
Old 08-10-2018, 01:26 AM
paintendave

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Following... great info thanks
Old 09-06-2018, 01:46 AM
gasprops

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Enforcer

The best thing you can do is make sure the bottom of the boat is flat, get a good prop and pipe, and a modified motor by Redline.

Voodoopropellors.com
Redlinemotors.us