Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

First Carbrook fun run video

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

First Carbrook fun run video

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 12:11 AM
nooh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Carbrook fun run video

Had 5 RC Universe members there for just a fun run, mainly to check out the new lake and to see if the noise we created upset anybody, ??? will find out over the next few days if we did or not, The new lake had its teething problems mainly retrieving the boats from the shore but can be easily be fixed but all up was a good run for us.

Danny from Sonic Racing http://sonicracingaustralia.com/ pink titan was cruising as was noahdear yellow Riviera and Seans cat too.
But Tony from Viperhulls http://www.viperhulls.com/ stole the show with his 60 inch Stealth Viper and the stock Blata engine doing a speed off 92kph/57.1mph scared the craps out of me seeing something so big go so fast,, onya m8 you did well. mmmm but think I will stick to my rocketts and jordo plenty fast for me..

And sorry Tony in the video clip didn't get the fastest speed of the Stealth but think all who see the clip will get a bit of an Idea on the power she has..

Thanks everybody, had a good day today and sorry about the quality of the video,, mmm need to buy a HD Video Camera,, mmmmm na another boat I think bugger the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiom4TI5smI
Old 05-04-2009, 01:09 AM
sonicracing

Default RE: First Carbrook fun run video

Hi Henry, A great day was had by all I think. 102.... sorry but but that was the DB (noise) reading I called out, not speed. The Stealth did run a very respectable 92 k's though. Tony is aware that the boat is on the noisy side and has promised to quieten it down.

Here are some videos from my camera too.

[link=http://sonicracingaustralia.com/v/henry.wmv]Henry's TB. 6MB, 44 seconds.[/link]

[link=http://sonicracingaustralia.com/v/seancat.wmv]Seans catamaran. 22MB 3 minutes.[/link]

[link=http://sonicracingaustralia.com/v/danstitan.wmv]The pink Titan. 15MB 2 minutes.[/link]

Cheers, Danny.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:23 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice video Henry the last boat looked very fast and very loud [X(].Hows the Rocket running? should hit 63 mph no problem once dialed in mate .
Mart
Old 05-04-2009, 01:24 AM
nooh

92kph , so much noise I thought someone said the Stealth was doing 102kph, no matter m8 still was like a rocket, and thanks for uping a video of the Rockett too she went well first up untill Roger fell overboard and drowned, Sean found him laying face down in the water 20 mins after the ding-a-ling went over. My fault m8, should have have had a life jacket on him.. I can buy a new driver up at toyworld for $20 so alls good.

Henry..
Old 05-04-2009, 01:34 AM
nooh

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

Nice video Henry the last boat looked very fast and very loud [X(].Hows the Rocket running? should hit 63 mph no problem once dialed in mate .
Mart
Ran good Mart, first up was great, then had a bit of trouble after that, I was mucking around with the Idle setting on her trying to get it right ggggrrrrr The last run she took of like a Rocket and was going to run her flat out, But the radio battery low warning single came on so back it came, and thats was the day.. But m8 have to remember Ive only a stock motor in her, 63 mph mmmm no m8..
I will be happy with 70kph.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:08 AM
sonicracing

I had about 5 minutes of your thunder boat but when I went to edit the footage, the tape was stuffed so that was I could salvage. I think it looks great on the water at any speed, pity about the driver - did you let the family know. I've finally got the Titan all cleaned up after putting it into the mud, that'll teach me not to look where I'm going.

Cheers, Danny.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:48 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trust me these things can do 60 even with a stock zen its all in the setup,ive seen a few hit 60 mph with stock motors,i think Joe at zip did 66 mph with a mild mod zen so dont discount it just yet.They consistantly run mid 50s in race trim so 60 is def possible with the right prop and setup.Also dont forget you will get about 5mph speed increase with the ride pads .But i agree they look cool and very scale like on the water even at 50 mph [sm=thumbs_up.gif].It will scare the heck out of you on choppy water but will probably surprise you how well it handles it.
Mart
Old 05-04-2009, 06:39 AM
swashdrive

Heah Fellas

Man i must be a dumass, i thought it was last monday, dirrr[&:]
Looks nice and calm, would have be good for the jetboat [&o]
All well least you guys had fun, maybe next time i'll check the dates.
Looks like the blata's screamin now !
regards
Craig
Old 05-04-2009, 08:17 PM
viperhulls

Hi Craig, you missed a great day and yes I am finally getting the blata sorted and thanks to Danny for his assortment of props he has let me borrowed from time to time. It ended up doing a constant speed of 95km/hr -59mph and I hope to get a little more out of it yet with only a couple of other props to try. I will have my own props this week I hope which are comming fron Chris at Dasboata. Thanks to Henry for making it all happen and great video and I will do somthing about the exhaust on my boat to quieten it down. It was also good to see Murray and Tony from Brisbane Model Marine.
Craig next time I will PM you.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:18 AM
noahdear
My Feedback: (2)

Tony, you're gunna have to rename the Stealth Viper to something more realistic like The Blue Bullet or That 'ken Loud Fast Thing
Henry, thanks having us northside nannies over for the day.

cheers,
Tony
a.k.a Noahdear
(pronounced No Idea)
Old 05-05-2009, 10:04 PM
nooh

Hi Everybody

Good news so far and that there is no complaints as of yet about the noise we made, The testing time will be on a Saturday when we run again because it will be the full members playing, But the people I asked about the noise only heard a little screaming. See what happens after a Saturday run..

Sorry you missed the day Graig I sent you a pm and was going to ring but next time m8. And naohdear (Tony) good of you to come.
Its just a pity the lake edge was a bit high But will see if can fix that problem up for next time you Blokes want to come for a run..

Take Care all... Henry.

See yous at the Qld Championships..