Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!
View Poll Results: A poll
CC racing engines
17.24%
Neurotoxin
1.72%
Warehouse Hobbies M5
12.07%
Warehouse Hobbies M6
10.34%
Redline Performance Engines
8.62%
Other
50.00%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Modded Zens

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 07:16 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Modded Zens

95% i find that hard to believe?,how many guys do you know lol.
Mart
Old 06-28-2009, 10:42 AM
Nosedragger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

19 out of 20 guys is 95% [sm=49_49.gif]
Old 06-28-2009, 05:09 PM
martno1fan

Old 06-28-2009, 06:12 PM
glennb2006

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

Its easy to say its the price of learning if you stuff up your mods when you can afford it but in the financial climate we are in right now theres not many ordinary folk can afford to make those mistakes .I agree though try something yourself if you can,maybe start on the old weedwhacker engine in the shed first that way when you mess up you havent lost much ?.

Mart
Worst case if it all goes horribly wrong is only 60 quid for a new cylinder and piston. Have a go, get some understanding of the motor and a whole load of satisfaction when it works well to boot.

Glenn
Old 06-30-2009, 05:55 PM
slider46

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I decided to try my hand at modifying a stock Zen this past winter. It took me a good 8 hrs to figure out what I needed to do and I slowly ground the cylinder until I got the timing numbers I was after... Since then I have done 3 more motors and I can do one in about 4-5 hrs as my confidence builds so will the speed I hope... I used the information at model gas boats by Scott Schnider. All of the work is done with a dremel tool and some good carbide bits, it's really pretty easy to do, but grinding into the first cylinder is the hard part...
Old 07-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Scott Schneider

ORIGINAL: slider46

I decided to try my hand at modifying a stock Zen this past winter. It took me a good 8 hrs to figure out what I needed to do and I slowly ground the cylinder until I got the timing numbers I was after... Since then I have done 3 more motors and I can do one in about 4-5 hrs as my confidence builds so will the speed I hope... I used the information at model gas boats by Scott Schnider. All of the work is done with a dremel tool and some good carbide bits, it's really pretty easy to do, but grinding into the first cylinder is the hard part...
Zoom Zoom ..... Self mods are the bomb [:@]
Old 07-01-2009, 11:39 AM
martno1fan

Personally for the price of a good modded zen id be inclined to leave it to those that know what theyre doing.Having said that i wont be buying any more zenoahs ill be going with the rcmk motors in the future,cant beat the price for that much power.I dont think many will be staying with zenoahs in the future either,the rcmk is going to shake em up big style .
Mart
Old 07-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Nosedragger

Personally for the price of a good modded zen id be inclined to leave it to those that know what theyre doing.Having said that i wont be buying any more zenoahs ill be going with the rcmk motors in the future,cant beat the price for that much power.I dont think many will be staying with zenoahs in the future either,the rcmk is going to shake em up big style .
Mart

I doubt the RCMK going to make a dent in the Zenoah position. I'll stick with the tried and true, when the RCMK is as dominant as Zenoah then I'll switch.I'll keep grinding on Zenoahs until then.In either case I won't be buying a modified engine from anyone, I'll do my own.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:55 PM
payj

Maston RC Marine/ Rick Maston
Old 08-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Dockman

Mart
I totally agree with you. Next spring I will be purchasing RCMK modded motor (Unless the price goes way up).
Old 08-19-2009, 04:55 PM
black talon
My Feedback: (5)

i'm hooked on steve at ss enterprises. top of the line and way affordable.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:26 PM
bondobuster

Well after some soul searching and wise shopping I bought a full mod Redline. I got a great deal on one and I will be putting it in my next build. I won't know performance wise how it will be but we will find out next spring when the build is complete!
Old 08-21-2009, 08:47 AM
noahdear
My Feedback: (2)

[link=http://www.hobbydepot.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=38&products_id=414&osCsid=17018c7b947f9580ae449a2d77ab278c]Slam009[/link] and KRE