Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

New Comet roundnose hydro

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

New Comet roundnose hydro

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 05:17 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Comet roundnose hydro

Heres the second one out of my own moulds ,this ones called the Comet 50" x23 1/2".Heres the two halves just pulled from the moulds wiped clean no pollishing done yet.Still need to tidy the hatch opening a little ,add bulkheads and rails then ill join the two halves together and compound and pollish them .Colours came out perfect im really pleased with it ,just the cowl to make now which will be red.
Mart
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59786.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1236012   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cy77315.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	1236013   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af88394.jpg
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	1236014   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ha79096.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1236015  
Old 07-14-2009, 05:39 AM
Mr.Freeze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Comet roundnose hydro

Well done you! Looking good Mart Have you designed the cowling yet? I am also curious as to the wieght of the hull compaired to your zipkits. Keep the pics coming[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 07-14-2009, 06:13 AM
martno1fan

Hi mate yea the cowls done allready made a full hull fitted a stock rcmk in it and my mate now has it,runs great.Still experimenting with props but heres her first outing running arround 45-50 still running in.I think total running weight is arround 15 1/2 lb if memory serves so not bad really,shes bigger at 50" and a tad wider ,higher too than the zip.Ill post pics when i pull the cowl tomorrow or day after tomorrow,depends how impatient i get .
Mart
Heres the vid of her maiden 6717/3 prop(needs smaller me thinks)
[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLJP0PrWkxs[/link]
Old 07-14-2009, 08:37 AM
STEVE MARSHALL

Looks good Mart, a bit of black on the cowl will set it off, even just a pinstripe around the cockpit area and the vents would look good, Keep the photo's coming.
Steve
Old 07-14-2009, 08:51 AM
martno1fan

Cheers mate i have some decals i had specially made for her as soon as i get the top on ill get some pics.I might need to make a dash for this one with some dials etc.Im also considering installing a dummy motor just for the bling bling seen some nice ones on the net but id need to cut the cowl to accept it so not sure yet [X(].
Mart
Old 07-15-2009, 07:05 AM
martno1fan

I managed to get the cowl pulled from the mould to take a cpl of pics ,ive now sat it back in there to harden off for a cpl of days same with the hull and top.We go to my parents at the weekend so ill probably wait till after then to get the top and bottom joined then ill compound pollish and add the decals.Ive got two different styles of decals to choose from plus two large lightening stripes in white that will go either side of the boat on the side deck.
Mart

Name:	Ig12313.jpg
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1236705   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59538.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	1236706   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo29703.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1236707   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16494.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	1236708  
Old 07-15-2009, 07:19 AM
martno1fan

Stripe should look something like this .
Mart

Name:	Om34434.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1236713  
Old 07-15-2009, 07:49 AM
twindaddy66

Nice job Mart. Very nice.

T-Daddy
Old 07-15-2009, 07:56 AM
martno1fan

Cheers mate.
Mart
Old 07-15-2009, 12:07 PM
cheesewizz69

ORIGINAL: twindaddy66

Nice job Mart. Very nice.

T-Daddy
I agree very nice indeed.

How do you find time for all these new boats?
Old 07-15-2009, 12:51 PM
martno1fan

Well been a full time dad i get plenty of time but its not just a hobby i do it to help pay the rent now.I think ive built 4 boats in the past 10 days,this ones mine unless i get an offer i cant refuse .This time next year i should have quite a few more designs to offer.Im completeley small fry just now as i only do it part time between school runs lol.
Mart
Old 07-15-2009, 06:07 PM
glennb2006

Have you run and tested one of these yet Martin?

Just wondering how well they handle. Is it based around the other round nose you have?

Glenn
Old 07-15-2009, 09:41 PM
JCAustralia

Martno

A scale driver would look great on this boat......

Good work.

Cheers

JC
Old 07-15-2009, 10:11 PM
bentley marshall

is it going yet
Old 07-16-2009, 12:20 AM
nooh

Looks good Mart you do good work..
Old 07-16-2009, 01:56 AM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: glennb2006

Just wondering how well they handle. Is it based around the other round nose you have?

Glenn
Glenn the hull has been tested not by me by Wayne ,i built the first one a while back and he kept asking for one so i ended up letting him have it.I would have prefered to test it myself but hey i got a free indipendant tester to do it for me,but i think you allready knew that .The video is in the first post,she runs true and has no bad habits in fact he said she ran almost hands free with no veering either way just running her from where i set the strut at.Unfortunateley hes had a few personal problems so he hasnt posted any new videos in a while.Yes some of her is based on the Rockett as i have stated,no i didnt copy my Rockett i mereley borrowed some of its design with Joe's permission.The Comet is almost 50" long compaired to 46" and shes 23 1/2"" wide.The running surface on the sponsons is where the two are alike as i used the same angles and unlike most other scale roundnoses the left sponson is bigger than the right same as the rockett ,helps with turning right i believe without causing any issue with going straight.I wanted a larger opening on mine too as i got fed up fiddling arround with the Rocket as everything is a little cramped for my liking.Good thing about this one is theres plenty of room for most setups and its easy to work on things when you need to.By the way Glenn this one will get tested but with my full mod ss motor to see what she can really do,coupled with a new stainless quiet pipe,same prop 6717/3.Bigger but not heavier boat id think would be more stable but still pretty fast.There are faster hydros than roundnoses but ill tell you what there are NONE that handle the water these things do,thats what i like about them you have a fast fun boat that wont get blown off in a mere ripple .
Mart
Old 07-16-2009, 02:06 AM
martno1fan

Thanks JC ,Henry and Bentley
Mart
Old 07-16-2009, 03:23 AM
brodjack

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

Glenn
Glenn the hull has been tested not by me by Wayne ,i built the first one a while back and he kept asking for one so i ended up letting him have it.I would have prefered to test it myself but hey i got a free indipendant tester to do it for me,but i think you allready knew that .The video is in the first post,she runs true and has no bad habits in fact he said she ran almost hands free with no veering either way just running her from where i set the strut at.Unfortunateley hes had a few personal problems so he hasnt posted any new videos in a while.Yes some of her is based on the Rockett as i have stated,no i didnt copy my Rockett i mereley borrowed some of its design with Joe's permission.The Comet is almost 50'' long compaired to 46'' and shes 23 1/2'''' wide.The running surface on the sponsons is where the two are alike as i used the same angles and unlike most other scale roundnoses the left sponson is bigger than the right same as the rockett ,helps with turning right i believe without causing any issue with going straight.I wanted a larger opening on mine too as i got fed up fiddling arround with the Rocket as everything is a little cramped for my liking.Good thing about this one is theres plenty of room for most setups and its easy to work on things when you need to.By the way Glenn this one will get tested but with my full mod ss motor to see what she can really do,coupled with a new stainless quiet pipe,same prop 6717/3.Bigger but not heavier boat id think would be more stable but still pretty fast.There are faster hydros than roundnoses but ill tell you what there are NONE that handle the water these things do,thats what i like about them you have a fast fun boat that wont get blown off in a mere ripple .
Mart
hey Mart,how many other makes of hydros have you run personally,to be able to tell that your model handles the best?
Brod..
Old 07-16-2009, 05:32 AM
martno1fan

When did i say my model runs the best?,i said T boats run the best in rough water and thats what they are designed for.Seems to me you are coming on here to just start something so if thats the case im not interested quite frankly .
Mart
Old 07-16-2009, 06:43 AM
brodjack

Same old you getting very defensive about your boats again.
I thought it was a good question regarding your experience with other types of hydros.I didnt think you'd answer my question because quite frankly you havnt,have you. lol.
Glenn was asking too if its (Comet) performance is based upon the Zipkits Rocket,which seems a mighty big coincidence how the only two hulls you produce are very similar to the only two production boats you own.
I'm not the only one who's spotted the coincidence.
Not that i give a toss,but it gets kinda weary reading your endless posts about how your stuff is the dogs bol..cks.
I'm pretty sure other guys on here will agree on that one too.lol!
Brod..
Old 07-16-2009, 07:08 AM
glennb2006

ORIGINAL: martno1fan

Glenn
Glenn the hull has been tested not by me by Wayne ,i built the first one a while back and he kept asking for one so i ended up letting him have it.I would have prefered to test it myself but hey i got a free indipendant tester to do it for me,but i think you allready knew that .The video is in the first post,she runs true and has no bad habits in fact he said she ran almost hands free with no veering either way just running her from where i set the strut at.Unfortunateley hes had a few personal problems so he hasnt posted any new videos in a while.Yes some of her is based on the Rockett as i have stated,no i didnt copy my Rockett i mereley borrowed some of its design with Joe's permission.The Comet is almost 50'' long compaired to 46'' and shes 23 1/2'''' wide.The running surface on the sponsons is where the two are alike as i used the same angles and unlike most other scale roundnoses the left sponson is bigger than the right same as the rockett ,helps with turning right i believe without causing any issue with going straight.I wanted a larger opening on mine too as i got fed up fiddling arround with the Rocket as everything is a little cramped for my liking.Good thing about this one is theres plenty of room for most setups and its easy to work on things when you need to.By the way Glenn this one will get tested but with my full mod ss motor to see what she can really do,coupled with a new stainless quiet pipe,same prop 6717/3.Bigger but not heavier boat id think would be more stable but still pretty fast.There are faster hydros than roundnoses but ill tell you what there are NONE that handle the water these things do,thats what i like about them you have a fast fun boat that wont get blown off in a mere ripple .
Mart

Cheers,

I am not sure I knew Wayne had one, hence my question about had it run. Not fishing for anything, just curious as to how well it went.

Guess when you get the hot motor into it you will know for sure.

Keep us posted.

Glenn
Old 07-16-2009, 07:35 AM
martno1fan

No worries Glenn i do remember telling you about Wayne a while back having one maybe you forgot .From what he has told me she runs very well.I never doubted it wouldnt seeing as i used the rockett sponson design on it for that very reason.Ive never hid the fact that i used Joes design as the basis for this one in fact before i did it i emailed and asked permision and promised id tell people it was my inspiration for the Comet.Thats not to say i havent put a lot of hard work into this one myself as anyone who has ever built a wooden plug knows.
Mart
Old 07-16-2009, 07:55 AM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: brodjack

Same old you getting very defensive about your boats again.
I thought it was a good question regarding your experience with other types of hydros.I didnt think you'd answer my question because quite frankly you havnt,have you. lol.
Glenn was asking too if its (Comet) performance is based upon the Zipkits Rocket,which seems a mighty big coincidence how the only two hulls you produce are very similar to the only two production boats you own.
I'm not the only one who's spotted the coincidence.
Not that i give a toss,but it gets kinda weary reading your endless posts about how your stuff is the dogs bol..cks.
I'm pretty sure other guys on here will agree on that one too.lol!
Brod..
Lol you make me laugh mate, i have never hid the fact the comet is based on the rockett as for the other hull that was never a production boat in the first place it was mereley a prototype that never got off the ground seeing as the guy let many people down.You are the one that gets his knickers in a twist everytime someone disagrees with you so go take a running jump mate i could give a monkeys for you or your opinion.As regards people copying boats take a look at all yours and who you got em from and tell me theyre not copied lmao.The lynx is a splash as is the mercury.Oh for your information a t boat is a t boat theyre all much the same because theyre all copied from orrriginal boats that actually existed and most if not all the rc ones orriginate from Roger Newtons plans ,but then you wouldnt know that would you.Maybe try building something yourself you might learn something.Oh and to answer your question yes i have ran two other hydros,one was leccy the other was nitro.I can say with confidence ive contributed a lot to this forum in helping people and sharing my knowledge on building boats and such so take your petty insults elsewhere.Ive got many friends on this forum and ive lost count of how many have asked my help and not once have i ever said no so if anyone does agree with you which i doubt who cares go talk to them if it makes you happy,ill just continue with my build.If you dont like my threads i suggest you dont read them and for once try posting something of interest yourself but i wont hold my breath .
Mart
Old 07-16-2009, 08:35 AM
brodjack

You just cant see it it can you,anyone who dares to question your actions and motives,in cyber space of course,gets shouted down,kinda reminds me of a small spoilt child crying at the gate when the the other boys wont give him his own way.
Classic case of a computer warrior,very brave typing behind the safety of your little screen.

'Mates' and 'friends' are people who meet in real life and comunicate face to face,something you clearly have none of.LOl.

regarding my Mercury and lynx,i just buy 'em and run at the lake,which you never seem to do,all you do is go for 5 mins. take a video,run home and post everywhere on the forums,and want people to say 'good video mate'..pretty damn sad really.

Anyway i have to go back to work now,something else you seem shy of too.

Just for the record 'mate' hope we can meet up the lake and lets see if your brave enough then to call me out,looking forward to the day..LOL..
Keep posting it gives a good laugh if nothing else..LOl..
Brod..
Old 07-16-2009, 08:50 AM
martno1fan

Haha and you call me childish thats like the pot calling the kettle what a joker.How would you know how long im at the lake your never there when im there,theres a good reason for that i go boating with my mate of which you are not one thank god.You remind me of the school yard bully all mouth ive got better things to concern myself with than your idle threats.
Mart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.