Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

"Boost bottle" performance ???

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

"Boost bottle" performance ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 01:58 AM
CapeTown73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Boost bottle" performance ???

Hi guys,
Anyone have any experience with this system as advertised on their website ?
I received the attached link from a friend, and opened the site out of interest. I must admit I first thought it would be a 'nitrous-oxide' booster system but although they also have nitrous, the main product is not !!! Please have a look at the link below and scroll down to the bottom of the first page where they have an explanation of how it works and what it does. Any comments would be appreciated as I have never heard of this aspect of carburetor control, or of anyone who uses it.
Cheers,
Wennie.

http://www.boostinductionsystems.com...g_home_003.htm

Old 07-21-2009, 02:29 AM
sikR31

Default RE:

Expand your intake to double the size! More area = more power and torque! Simple to install, replaces the original factory 47-52cc factory 4-bolt manifold. This addition will increase your torque by expanding your combustion chamber by means of storing fuel molecules in its induction chamber and forcing them back into your cylinder when you are on and off the throttle. Our metering system has been tweaked to accept the dual bottles to work with each other.. This bottle kit provides a "BOOST" or "supercharge effect".. It will add a substantial power increase in all power ranges (especially low end) Some of my customers have reported gains of up to 6-9 MPH, with a sick "punch" while appraoching the mid powerband.

****How these Boost bottles work****

As the engine draws fuel and air in through the carb on the intake cycle, the spark plug fires this mixture forcing the piston down and forcing a small amount of air/fuel back into the the carb.. As the air and fuel mix is forced back through the carb and intake manifold, it causes a double rich mixture which can result in a rough idle, hesitation. Basically, burning your already burnt fuel again which provides little or no oxygen to burn, therefore resulting in bogging/ sluggish, throttle response.

To take advantage of this pulse this Boost Bottle kit provides storage for this pre-atomized fuel air mixture. leaving it fresh and unburnt, As the piston makes it next cycle and draws a new fuel and air supply into the cylinder the energy (pulse) that is stored in the bottle returns to the engine as a burst (pulse) forcing the atomized (airborne) fuel into the engine. This boost bottle will provide a "boost"or supercharge effect. Your engine will also idle more than 3 times quieter/smoother.

This boost bottle works best at lower and mid-range rpm, and, when you are on & off the throttle. The advantage is that it brings up the horsepower and torque in the bottom of the rpm range, to mid-way through the power band. (Eliminating bogging).

I GOT THIS OFF OF THE POCKETBIKE SECTION I HOPE THIS HELPS
Old 07-21-2009, 02:32 AM
sikR31

Default RE:

Dunno if it works like they says it does. Does anyone have one of these systems?
let me know
Old 07-21-2009, 03:11 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: RE:

completely USELESS on a boat. Save your money
Old 07-21-2009, 03:32 AM
CapeTown73

Thanks 'Justaddwata',
I must assume that you, or some boaters you know, had no good response from this product. Anyway, it just confirms why I have never seen or heard of it before. If it really worked, then most heat racers would sure be using one.
Cheers,
Wennie.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:31 AM
jacob711

Default RE:

i even tried one on a goped and it did nothing
Old 07-21-2009, 05:26 AM
nvs motorsports

Default RE:

It works better on high revving small capacity nitro motors
What it does it soften the pulses in the manifold making the reversion of fuel charge more even allowing you to get a better tune up and throttle response that is manageable mainly used for cars
If you wondering a about the fuel reversion or inlet mist check the formula 1 car motors out on youtube on dyno runs they show injection trumpet shots you will see a mist
The way the balance it out is with a plenum chamber which is effectively the same as a boost bottle
Old 07-21-2009, 10:44 AM
Scott Schneider

Designed for REED engines ...... Absorbs intakes ram effect so reeds can close faster !! .... Returning pulse from bottle adds a slight bump charge allowing reeds to open a tad sooner.

NOTHING but a power robber in a Piston Ported engine !!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Dockman

Default RE:

Bummer I sure did want one for that kind of increase and only $50. I guess a good pipe is a better investment?
Old 07-21-2009, 11:30 AM
gonggongboy

ive seen them on baja 5b and they seem to work well
Old 07-21-2009, 07:26 PM
bullboy8

Default RE:

This is "FUNNY" stuff right here!![sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif] I like their reasoning on the website, they almost had me bought in! yah right.....NOT! Dockman is right, just get a pipe and be happy with that.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Lil Dave

Default RE:

Yeah right Ed! You're trying to cancel your order as we speak!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:57 PM
bullboy8

Default RE:

Damn you Dave! Why you gotta rat me out like that [sm=lol.gif] I thought we were friends. LOL
Old 07-21-2009, 09:14 PM
jtdesign

Dont waste your money!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:53 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE:

P.T. Barnum would love it!
CapeTown hit it right on the head. If it was useful at all on our engines somebody would have been using them decades ago.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:46 AM
srw1960

What he said!!!! I have heard other boaters on other gas boat sights say they have been tried and are worthless on our engines..just what ive read is all
Old 07-22-2009, 03:52 AM
sikR31

Default RE:

found some more stuff-superchargers www.rbinnovations.com
same deal?

Old 07-22-2009, 06:48 AM
BlueWave

can not supercharge 2 storkes....

lets see RC Fuel Injection 2 stroke mod. like some outboards.....

Old 07-22-2009, 07:25 AM
sikR31

hmm supercharged honda 4 stroke....
Old 07-22-2009, 11:18 AM
twindaddy66

If it cancels out the pulse, it couldn't be used with a water pump......or a water pump couldn't be used with IT.......whatever.......LOL...
Old 07-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: BlueWave

can not supercharge 2 storkes....
Indeed you can
Believe it or not it is very common - heres a supercharged, twin turbo, 2 stroke diesel in action. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19eQBQep-sc&feature=related[/youtube]

Theres a few worked snow mobiles that run turbos with 2 stroke gas out there too.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Lil Dave

The 50 series detroits are supercharged and turbocharged 2 strokes, I believe the 92 series are 2 stroke as well with both types of forced induction... the difference is manual direct injection over carb'd. Good Call! That Detroit is Schweet!!! Good vid!
Old 07-22-2009, 11:50 PM
Scott Schneider

OK, a lesson in 2 stroke diesels .....

#1 ... They DO NOT use the crankcase for fuel/air pumping !!

#2 ... They have a Head with VALVES !! ..... and a cam shaft !!

There cylinder has 360* RADIAL intake/transfer ports that connect via passage ducting to the turbo charger.

If we start the cycle here ...
Piston drops from TDC to "almost" BDC where the radial transfer ports are uncovered .... SWOOSH !! in comes a blast of air from the turbo enhanced intake induction system. ( fuel is direct injection BTW )
The valves on head are closed, piston rises compressing charge too TDC and ignites via diesel effect. next 180* of rotation is a power stroke to BDC, BDC to TDC valves open and an exhaust stroke. from TDC back down the an intake where we started.
What classifies this as a 2 stroke diesel is the way intake charge enters the cylinder via PORTS and not valves within the head. But NEVER is the crankcase part of the pumping apparatus remaining sealed and lubricated just like a 4 stroke engine.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:09 AM
Scott Schneider

100% sales hype with altering of the wording related too the physics of whats actually going on to sell snake oil type product ... just laughable
ORIGINAL: sikR31

Expand your intake to double the size! More area = more power and torque! Simple to install, replaces the original factory 47-52cc factory 4-bolt manifold. This addition will increase your torque by expanding your combustion chamber by means of storing fuel molecules in its induction chamber and forcing them back into your cylinder when you are on and off the throttle. Our metering system has been tweaked to accept the dual bottles to work with each other.. This bottle kit provides a ''BOOST'' or ''supercharge effect''.. It will add a substantial power increase in all power ranges (especially low end) Some of my customers have reported gains of up to 6-9 MPH, with a sick ''punch'' while appraoching the mid powerband.

****How these Boost bottles work****

As the engine draws fuel and air in through the carb on the intake cycle, the spark plug fires this mixture forcing the piston down and forcing a small amount of air/fuel back into the the carb.. As the air and fuel mix is forced back through the carb and intake manifold, it causes a double rich mixture which can result in a rough idle, hesitation. Basically, burning your already burnt fuel again which provides little or no oxygen to burn, therefore resulting in bogging/ sluggish, throttle response.

To take advantage of this pulse this Boost Bottle kit provides storage for this pre-atomized fuel air mixture. leaving it fresh and unburnt, As the piston makes it next cycle and draws a new fuel and air supply into the cylinder the energy (pulse) that is stored in the bottle returns to the engine as a burst (pulse) forcing the atomized (airborne) fuel into the engine. This boost bottle will provide a ''boost''or supercharge effect. Your engine will also idle more than 3 times quieter/smoother.

This boost bottle works best at lower and mid-range rpm, and, when you are on & off the throttle. The advantage is that it brings up the horsepower and torque in the bottom of the rpm range, to mid-way through the power band. (Eliminating bogging).

I GOT THIS OFF OF THE POCKETBIKE SECTION I HOPE THIS HELPS
Old 07-23-2009, 12:32 AM
sikR31

the only way yourenginecould spit burnt charge back through your carb is if you've opened up the intake port too much right ? Or do they do that normally?
I havent messed around with porting 2 strokes before

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.