Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

GAS OUTBOARD guys this is our new home

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

GAS OUTBOARD guys this is our new home

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 05:51 AM
HOOTERS racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GAS OUTBOARD guys this is our new home

i just saw that to very interested

cheer
Old 08-02-2009, 05:55 AM
HOOTERS racing

just worked it out you have a 90 deg carb block where did you find that as i need some

cheers
Old 08-02-2009, 06:58 AM
blueagle

Hi YPC I was one step infront of you with the EX bracket, I have removed the original and replaced it with a welded on bracket from under the stinger down to the cav' plate.
For the carby I have used a 90# manifold for 2 reasons, 1 to get the carby up out of the water a bit and 2 makes for an easier throttle linkage, as for the air scoop I'm not sure about that yet it was something that was on the workshop bench at the time, I think it looks quite cool and it seems to work well in that position but I did have thoughts of facing it out the back??. I have been following your other postsand so learned a lot (thank you) I have made a trim bracket for the Lawless leg as you suggestedand it works great, thanks again.
I'll post same close up pics when I get time.
BLUE
Old 08-02-2009, 07:06 AM
blueagle

HI Hooters, Yeah that right 90# manifold, George at Hobby Depot can get them, give him a call.
BLUE.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Body Guard

ORIGINAL: blueagle

The pics I sent didn't seem to work, Ill try again.
BLUE
Hi Blue,
Great build there. Congratulation.
Just wanna learn a little more on your set up. From the pics I noticed that your motor is sitting quite forward of the rear most end of the sponson. If that is right and the hull 'like to stand on it's prop' whenever you gas her, it sounds like she hasn't got any transom lift built in to compensate for the lite nose.

JMHO

Latiff
Old 08-02-2009, 01:59 PM
CapeTown73

Hi Guys,
Well as Dominic mentioned in post #24 of this thread, we had a great day of tunnel boat racing here in Cape Town last Saturday. I had good results in the 3.5cc nitro class with three wins out of the four heats extending my lead in the annual championships, and in the gas F1 class I won the first two heats and accumulated enough points in the last two heats to finish just a point or two ahead of Dominic to take overall 1st place for the day. We race 15 laps in each heat and we run around a large slanted ‘M’ shaped course, so we turn right 60 times and left 15 times each heat.

This was the first time my ‘YPC Miller’s Legend’ hit the water, and my good results are a tribute to the excellent quality and handling characteristics of Dominic’s hull, and I owe him a big thanks for all the great set-up advice he shared with me during the build.

I thoroughly enjoyed racing this big tunnel and can’t wait for some more next month, although I may just have to sit that one out, as I am having ligament reconstruction surgery to my right wrist tomorrow. Time will tell.

Good luck with all the build projects that are on the go here and may you guys have the same success and enjoyment that I had last Saturday.
Cheers,
Wennie.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53579.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	1248685  
Old 08-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Body Guard

Hi Wennie,
Congrats on the win and thanks for sharing it here with us. Good day of racing for you guys and the mcourse is a sure tough course to run. Must have a good number of entries too to warrant a satisfying battle and win. Do you guys start with the clock or do you have mass start like the full scale.?
Some pics of the race would be good here and thanks in advance for sharing.

Latiff
Old 08-03-2009, 03:18 AM
F1roddo

Hey Blue, very nice boat there my friend, hope you have success with running her.

Cheers
Chris
Old 08-03-2009, 03:20 AM
blueagle

Hi Guys, here's some more pic's as promised.

Name:	Fd92380.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	1249109   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76544.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	1249110  
Old 08-03-2009, 03:25 AM
blueagle

I can only send 2 at a time, they must be a bit big.

Name:	Ol31565.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1249112   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22961.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	1249113  
Old 08-03-2009, 03:39 AM
blueagle

Thanks Chris, 2 more pics, I'v got a 1lt gas tank in cockpit area with 200ml cable oil supply on top of that and a 1lt bag in the nose with 450ml of water in it, that puts the CG at36%
Hooters, sorry mate I forgot to answer your prop Q, I bolted every gas boaters friend on VooDoo 6717/3 on to start with and haven't tried any thing else yet??.

Name:	Qo40070.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	1249114   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89284.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1249115  
Old 08-04-2009, 09:53 AM
apache 56

great looking outboards there guys. looking good , i do like the idear of the f1 hulls with outboards. look trick all set up and must be good to get them set up right .
would be a good challenge settin up a outboard set up.....
Old 08-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Mike2735
My Feedback: (3)

I have a question for you outboard guys. How many degrees do you think the motor is turning or needs to turn to get a good turning radius? I realize that this is subjective to each person and it also will depend on speed but I am just trying to set my boat up and need to know how far the motor needs to turn.

Thanks.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:59 PM
CapeTown73

Hi Mike,
I find that I need very little steering throw on my gas F1, +/- 15 degrees to each side is more than sufficient.

Body Guard, to answer your question, we have a two minute 'mill time' that is counted down on our PA system and runs into a flying start on zero. I'll have some photos taken at our September races.

Cheers till next time,
Happy boating !
Wennie.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:36 AM
blueagle

Hi Mike, I set mine up with about 20* each side to start with, and found that to be a bit much and my servos to be a bit fast so I have come back to some where between
10* and 15* and slowed the servos down, but haven't had a run since....
BLUE.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:34 AM
Mike2735
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks for the info guys.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:54 AM
HOOTERS racing

well iv final got sometime to get this thing finished over the next few days so ill let you all know
how i go

cheers
Old 08-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Body Guard

Just a question for outboard guys.
Has anyone ever tried an adjustable damper/stopper to ensure the motor does not turn more than the preset angle (15 to 20 deg) of throw. I used to use this in my 11cc OB tunnel in days gone by and it had ensure that my standard servo can turn my tunnel on a dime without stripping those nylon gears and I turned the tunnel with confidence that it won't go into a tail spin. It never did with this set up. May be some of you guys have tried it with good outcomne or else I'll have to wait for my OB motors to try the set up again.

Body Guard.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:09 PM
YPC

Whats up Guys, have you all lost your enthusiasm ?

I will be on the water to-morrow, running the all new SLAM009 from Hobby depot AUS for the first time.

I flashed it up in the workshop this morning and have to say that it sounds 'Quick"

I have spent the past 3 years promoting Stock motors, but George from the depot has blessed me with this good looking motor, so fait will prevail.
I am keen to see if the overall performance warrants the added expense!

I heard Anthony ran it Down Under, on one of my Hulls, and apparently he had a good first day out, with good speed.

I have come to realise that South Africa is the only country "The first" to be racing the F1 Gas class on a regular club meet basis as well as already hosted a Nationals.
We will be racing in another 'Private National" event in late September in Sunny Durban with about 8-10 boats.

Come on guys, pick up the pace !

Regards
Dominic
YPC
Old 08-18-2009, 02:02 PM
specialk1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: YPC

Whats up Guys, have you all lost your enthusiasm ?

I will be on the water to-morrow, running the all new SLAM009 from Hobby depot AUS for the first time.

I flashed it up in the workshop this morning and have to say that it sounds 'Quick''

I have spent the past 3 years promoting Stock motors, but George from the depot has blessed me with this good looking motor, so fait will prevail.
I am keen to see if the overall performance warrants the added expense!

I heard Anthony ran it Down Under, on one of my Hulls, and apparently he had a good first day out, with good speed.

I have come to realise that South Africa is the only country ''The first'' to be racing the F1 Gas class on a regular club meet basis as well as already hosted a Nationals.
We will be racing in another 'Private National'' event in late September in Sunny Durban with about 8-10 boats.

Come on guys, pick up the pace !

Regards
Dominic
YPC
i have to agree with you .. I'm going to my first race in Miami in September . but what i here is the the f1 gas can only run a exxsabitoin race ?? don't know why . but I'm going to run a used zipkit that i have coming my way this week . and a gmorty leg i just got .. the other hull is my 1/4 amps hull I'm working with and the prototype amps leg // ypc i do need a pipe for my gmorty leg .. can you help ? thanks

Name:	Sq48117.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	1258586   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78517.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	1258587  
Old 08-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Eddy de Vries

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In The Netherlands we'll have a first gas, nitro and FE tunnel gathering on September 26, see flyer.
I realise it is a bit far to travel for most of you, but for the ones that didn't find Google translation from Dutch (the language in The Netherlands aka Holland) yet it says the meaning is changing experiences and fly boats.

Rgds, Eddy

PS: If you want more info, the international phone code for The Netherlands is +31 and don't dial the first 0 you see in the flyer.

Name:	Jh16710.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	1258671  
Old 08-18-2009, 03:11 PM
YPC

Hi Special K1
That Zip Kit hull looks like it is in great condition. Remember to set the Drive shaft bulb lower (where the skeg meets the leg) at least 1/4 inch higher than the bottom of the sponsons. The ABC2714 is a great race prop.
Without being able to trim the angle of attack behind the pivot pin,try to run the leg as level as possible, rather weighting the nose than setting the leg negative. This will help you run a clean oval without the hook.
I have plenty stock of pipes, drop me a line at [email protected]
Regards
Dominic
YPC

Old 08-18-2009, 03:22 PM
YPC

Hi Eddy, that is great news, I would love to be there with you guys, perhaps in the near future we can arrange a great International get together.
We are having a 3 day national race competition over the same weekend, I will be thinking of you guys.
Be sure to try and have a "raised drivers stand" it makes for far safer racing giving the pilots a better viewing perspective over the course.
Regards
Dominic
YPC
Old 08-18-2009, 04:14 PM
HOOTERS racing

hey all
well ater my last post i broke my right hand so its be in a cast since then comes of tommorow bit hard to
do anything with one hand

hows the new leg coming along Dom cant wait to that

for the next two weeks i wont have any time to do any thing huge family stuff my wifes older sister is coming ove from the usa
for the first time iv never meet her in the nine years iv been married and my wife and her family havent seen her in 12 years so
will be doing alot of catching

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR i just want to get this dam boat on the water

cheers ian
Old 08-18-2009, 06:48 PM
specialk1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: HOOTERS racing

hey all
well ater my last post i broke my right hand so its be in a cast since then comes of tommorow bit hard to
do anything with one hand

hows the new leg coming along Dom cant wait to that

for the next two weeks i wont have any time to do any thing huge family stuff my wifes older sister is coming ove from the usa
for the first time iv never meet her in the nine years iv been married and my wife and her family havent seen her in 12 years so
will be doing alot of catching

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR i just want to get this dam boat on the water

cheers ian
OUCH !!! hope you get better soon [8D] i know how you feel . cant wait to start working on my new hull .. after my turbine project is finish i want to do some internationl race's with my f1 hulls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.