Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Easy Vee Question

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Easy Vee Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 08:12 AM
iliketacos43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy Vee Question

Hi All,
I'm getting ready to jump into the world gas boating and just purchased a ZippKits EasyVee. I have been reading around on the boards, and it looks like most owners go with the Zenoah G260 / Offset rudder combo, but that seems to get a little expensive. I saw that Warehouse Hobbies has a Boat Builder's Special on their website which has an inline rudder, a 75 mm prop, the air cooled 23 Zenoah among other things. Would any recommend the Boat Builder's Kit, or should I just go with the proven water cooled method?
Old 08-06-2009, 08:21 AM
stackeddeck

Default RE: Easy Vee Question

I was going to get one but sounds like you can't really build the kit and have a decent engine for under 600-700 dollars. I'm brand new to the hobby as well, check out my threads they include pretty much everything you need to start off tons of great help here
Old 08-06-2009, 08:30 AM
HOOTERS racing

man i hope you guys dont want to build a gas outboatd tunnel mines just about to hit the water and its cost over $2300 and still counting see gas outboard thread iv been racing nitro boats for a long time and i still cant build an nitro race boat for under 1300 bucks its a wicked hobbie but be ready to fork out some cash

cheers
Old 08-06-2009, 08:40 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing wrong with an air cooled motor in this hull go for it.
Mart
Old 08-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Go back at look at the hardware that Joe has to offer, it's not bad stuff for the price.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:26 PM
quicksilver78

fellas fellas 6 or 700 buck for a motor nooooo the easyvee only needs a stock zen260 anything more is kinda pushing it its a light hull you can get a zenoah with mounts for 200 bucks and the whobbies starter package would be fine also, i thought of getting it but i think im going to do there rd-1 drive or the good ole spd3 with dual rudders witch i have on most of my boats
Old 08-06-2009, 02:30 PM
quicksilver78

its a really light hull i was going to do a rcmk engine but its not advised the hull can only go so fast so i anyhoo im doing the finishing primer on mine and to the shop for paint it goes tomm.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:44 PM
planebasher

Buy the WHH Super Gator; get on the water; decide what kind of boating you want to do; Sport or Race; learn a little about the hobby;
You will have a nice boat; if you dont like the hobby you can sell it; if you build a wood kit; and have no previous modeling experience or the necessary tools and equipment you can end up with a boat that no one will have but you.

The Kit, Motor, Hardware, Radio, is a large part but only part of the expense of building a boat;

Tool, block planes, xacto knives, Dremel Tool, Bits, Drill Motors, Sander, Sandpaper, Epoxy, CA Glue, Chemicals, alcohol, Paint, and on and on. Control Rods, Control Horns, Battery Charger, Batteries, Fuel Pump, Filters, Hardware; I spent 18.00 yesterday on just screws and washers.