Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Newly Incorporated Western Australian Club

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Newly Incorporated Western Australian Club

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 04:35 AM
Squidhead Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newly Incorporated Western Australian Club

Just a courtesy note to all WA boaters that pop in from time to time (and others that may be interested), today saw us reach a key milestone in the clubs formation

The club that has been operating out of the Malaga site for some 12+yrs is now an incorporated body as of 25Mar08 under the Incorporations Act 1987. The newly formed club will operate under it's newly incorporated name of "West Australian Model Powerboat Association Inc." Registered No A1013679F.

Next plan on the agenda is to ensure the AMPBA documentation finalised and submitted for Committee perusal and approval and at this stage it is anticipated that this will be onforwarded to the AMPBA Sec within the next week or so.

Whilst admittedly this task has taken a significant period of time to get rolling and sorted, the boating future here in WA is now looking alot brighter and it is hoped that things will begin to take place over this side of the pond once the dust has settled.

One thing that I feel must be mentioned, this newly formed club welcomes boaters of Petrol, Nitro and FE with open arms, you will not be turned away for the type of power you choose to use.

If anyone has any queries and or questions regarding the formation, or the joining of this club, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Johno
Old 03-31-2008, 04:52 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Newly Incorporated Western Australian Club

Top job JOHNO good to see theres no snobbery involved ie only electric or only nitro as you get a lot especially over here.Theres a lot of clubs this side claim petrol boats are dangerous to wildlife etc,yet someone can come along with a fast electric and run no problem seems ludicrous to me seeing as some of these electrics are faster nowadays.Rant over .
Mart
Old 03-31-2008, 05:17 AM
STEVE MARSHALL

Can I still bring my CLONE zen[]
Old 03-31-2008, 05:39 AM
Squidhead Racing

ORIGINAL: STEVE MARSHALL

Of course mate, it's a boat so it's (and you) are more than welcome, the more the merrier
Old 03-31-2008, 08:36 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: STEVE MARSHALL

HaHa yea take pitty on him Johno maybe you can get that boat of his sorted out for him,i still say offset drive single rudder .
Mart
Old 03-31-2008, 09:49 AM
Macleod

There may be a levy on membership if you have a clone Zen.......

We might even have to install shrapnel nets around the pits, just in case of a clone blow.....[X(] Thats if steve ever gets it up on pipe long enough......[:@]
Old 03-31-2008, 04:11 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Well done guys. Probably unknown to many but I lived a few years in Swan View Even did a bit of boating though it was some 30+ years back (Kings Park).

Good luck with the club and keep us posted
Old 04-01-2008, 05:53 AM
Squidhead Racing

ORIGINAL: Macleod

There may be a levy on membership if you have a clone Zen.......

We might even have to install shrapnel nets around the pits, just in case of a clone blow.....[X(] Thats if steve ever gets it up on pipe long enough......[:@]
Now now Ross, that's not very noice mate.

There's one thing in boats we all must remember......................,KARMA.............. ...............it has a very strange way of coming back to bite you

Matt, thanks for the well wishes mate. It has been a rather drawn out process (for many reasons beyond the scope here), but it is all coming together now which is the most important thing. I think we will grow pretty well over here, there are alot of guys lurking about over here with boats, hopefully they'll all come out to play in due course.

For all those interested, if you require any info on the what's, where's, why's and hows of the club etc, please don't hesitate to shoot an email to the following email address and I will afford you the information as best I can
WAMPA(at)westnet.com.au

Johno

Old 04-01-2008, 06:46 AM
STEVE MARSHALL

Yea Ross, wot he said Great work Johno, Put me down as a starter, I fly back to work in the morning, so I will catch you at the pond next Sunday.
Steve
Old 04-01-2008, 09:01 AM
Macleod

Geez guys just giving back some stick !!!!

Hmmmmm Back to the shadows I go...................[&o]
Old 08-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Macleod

Its been awhile but here is the latest on our club formation for those Western Australian Boaters.

We ARE now an affiliated club within the AMPBA (Australian Model Powerboating Association), and we are therefore insured for operations on our usual club days at our malaga pond. We acheieved that milestone some time ago.

My sincere apologies for not getting an update to you all WA Boaters sooner.

Please contact our club on the following email, with any questions you may have and for details about obtaining membership: WAMPA(at)westnet.com.au

We welcome you to run all types of hulls and with any form of power plant.

We run on sundays at around 1245 hrs.

Please check in at this thread for details on the next run day.

Directions to Our Clubs Malaga Pond:

Turn Left off Malaga Drive and head 780 m West on Beach Road. Turn 180 degress around Round A Bout and head back 130m East along Beach Road. Enterence on left. Park on the verge and enter via the gates.

Clubs Pond Location:

Lot 11280 Beach Road
Malaga
Perth
Western Australia

Map Link :

[link=http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Malaga+Perth+WA&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=39.349464,56.513672&ie=UTF8&ll=-31.854168,115.887748&spn=0.004584,0.010986&t=h&z=17&iwloc=A]Malaga Pond[/link]
Old 08-08-2009, 02:11 AM
apache 56

hi there macleol ,
ive been wanting to find out for some time now what sunday you guys "runn" your boats up there.
idd like to look in one day when i have the time .

i have a 56 apache with omin motor that putts along ok lol and a cat53inch ( expresscraft coppy/ soon to be remodled).
idd be keen to come along one day . now that i can see where you guys are located..

cheers