Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Who else got this email from RCBM ?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Who else got this email from RCBM ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Doubledog
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who else got this email from RCBM ?

Looks like they're sticking with Proboat as well. Wonder if the quality of the reviews have changed any at all.

Radio Control Boat Modeler
Goes Digital!

RC Boat Modeler is back and better than ever! Enhanced with videos, web links, photo galleries and more, the new digital platform will be published four times a year, and the premiere issue is absolutely FREE! In this issue you'll find:

Bonzi Sports 84" Classic

How to Weather your IMEX New York Tugboat

Aquacraft Miss Vegas Deuce
Aquacraft Mini Thunder
Pro Boat Miss Elam
And more!

Don't miss the action—view your FREE premiere issue and subscribe today!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts
Default RE: Who else got this email from RCBM ?

Looks like Horizon is sponsoring them considering the poor consumer reviews of the Pro Boat hydros. Since when did lightning travel slower than 30 mph? Did I not get the memo again?
Old 10-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I got mine - reads like a 32 page ad to me (plus bonus pop up ads).

http://www.rcboatmodeler-digital.com.../2009fall/#pg1 is the free issue they are e-mailing out

For as much as I would love to see a quality magazine on the market - this 32 page infomercial is not what I remember from the 80's and 90's (back when it had a hundred pages or so - 1/3rd of which were not ads).

I wish there were more on offer and a little less recap.

On a side note - love the pic of the 84" apache with what must be a 4ft woman holding it (P. 12) (nice that they also dusted off that year old video clip to accompany the article - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxWiFz0t19g)
Old 10-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I knew that they were going to an e-zine but hadn't heard any more about it as Mike "Grimracer" Zaborowski was trying to recruit people to do articles for it. I offered my services as did many others and after not hearing any more about it, I kind of forgot about it as I thought that the deal fell through.
It didn't look like throwing RCBM in with RCCA was a good idea as I wasn't about to spend the money for RCCA just to read a few pages of boat stuff. I got out of the car/truck scene a long time ago and could care less if I saw another one so nothing else in the rag was worth scanning through to me.
I haven't connected to the link yet but I can see from what you posted Jamie that it does look like a lot of the same old same old. I was geared up to cover the Hobart Masters race and could have written an article for the e-zine but it seems like they're not really interested in non-NAMBA events.