Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

ENFORCER OWNERS ~~ This is your thread

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

ENFORCER OWNERS ~~ This is your thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Jon DesJardins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ENFORCER OWNERS ~~ This is your thread

Hey Robbie, what do you have under your entire driveline inside the hull of your boat?
Looks like a cloth material...
Old 12-12-2009, 09:31 AM
chaparral 97

It's some kind of disposable diaper. Plastic on bottom and soft, absorbent material on top (I sound like a commercial). It catches all the spilled gas and oil. Just throw away when dirty.

Robbie
Old 12-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Jon DesJardins

ORIGINAL: chaparral 97

It's some kind of disposable diaper. Plastic on bottom and soft, absorbent material on top (I sound like a commercial). It catches all the spilled gas and oil. Just throw away when dirty.

Robbie
yeah it's kind of cool, looking into it myself!
Old 12-12-2009, 10:00 AM
pyro1

No,I sanded it. Believe me it took along time before I decided to ruin that beautiful gel coat finish. We do this on our race hulls. 200 to 300 grit paper. Bow to stern direction for the sanding. Just take the finish off,be careful not to go deep to the cloth. Just a light sanding leaving long grooves for bubbles to form under the hull which in theory will cause the hull to skim on the bubbles breaking the suction of hull to water.

pyro1
Old 12-12-2009, 10:49 AM
chaparral 97

Thanks. I found a great thread that explains exactly how to do this

I'll tweak and dial in my boat first and then do this to see the difference.

By the way, if it's easy for you to post a pic of what your hull now looks like as a result of sanding, I'd love to see it.

Robbie
Old 12-12-2009, 03:59 PM
magnum57

Well had to do it, I moved the tank back so it’s almost kissing the pull start. I guess we'll see if all those big shot racers know what their talking about as far as getting the bow up[X(]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46401.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	1332812   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ws56739.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	1332813   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg91834.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	1332814  
Old 12-12-2009, 04:42 PM
monsterbrad

that may help let us now how it works
that boat is fast I like it alot and its red my favorite color
Old 12-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Jon DesJardins

We are going to be out at the pond tomorrow Joe, today was a crazy day for us so I didn't even get to do any tests..... so tests on the water tomorrow with all the new goods (3PKS, Prop, bullet prop nut, one way valve gas cap, trim tab adjustments).

Probably around 10am Im guessing.
I will text you!
Old 12-13-2009, 10:18 AM
magnum57

How much grease are u guys putting in ur clutch bell housing and how do u know when its good to go ???
Old 12-13-2009, 10:28 AM
afitzgerald1080

ORIGINAL: magnum57

How much grease are u guys putting in ur clutch bell housing and how do u know when its good to go ???
Make sure to only put in "00" weight oil anything else will just get caked up in the housing. Tony told me to put it in until you see it come out of the shaft opening in the transom, and he told me to do that about every 2 or 3 tankfuls. He did tell that you DO want to see it coming out of the teflon shaft tube that way you know that it is lubricating the shaft. It will splatter on the transom while running but that is just a matter of wiping it down with a paper towel before putting it away (which you should be doing anyway)
Anthony
Old 12-13-2009, 10:50 AM
afitzgerald1080

ORIGINAL: afitzgerald1080

Make sure to only put in ''00'' weight oil anything else will just get caked up in the housing. Tony told me to put it in until you see it come out of the shaft opening in the transom, and he told me to do that about every 2 or 3 tankfuls. He did tell that you DO want to see it coming out of the teflon shaft tube that way you know that it is lubricating the shaft. It will splatter on the transom while running but that is just a matter of wiping it down with a paper towel before putting it away (which you should be doing anyway)
Anthony
If you put 1 oz. of "00" weight grease before every day of use the should be sufficient.
Anthony
Old 12-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Jon DesJardins

yeah, I get a little splatter here and there too, but that ensures enough is in the body of the unit to keep water out and everything lubricated correctly.

I run my Team Pro about 2-3 tanks each outing and I put 1 full oz before the next time out, and of course the cable shaft is always removed with the liner and wiped down, inspected and re-lubricated after each run.

Then I wait to re-install the cable until next time out.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:44 AM
magnum57

hey Jon missed ya at the pond. u can’t hang with the owls if you want to soar with the eagles........lol. Too much holiday cheer Saturday night I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vb93VCLYvI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8tZyZVb0qM
Old 12-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Jon DesJardins

hey Jon missed ya at the pond. u can’t hang with the owls if you want to soar with the eagles........lol. Too much holiday cheer Saturday night I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vb93VCLYvI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8tZyZVb0qM
IT'S THE TRUTH!
I thought I would be ok with the alarm set but getting to bed at 3am (and not staying up that late in years) didn't work like I planned it to! LOL
but I see this weekend is supposed to actually be sunny and everything so I'm still waiting to get out there with the new goods and see how it all runs.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Rsat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a relatively new owner of a wharehouse hobbies Team pro. After running it for 2 seasons I have decided to purchase the magnum 57.Can anyone advise me as to which engine option would be best, the new RCMK or the M5?   I have the M5 in the Team pro and it runs great but I am just wondering if the new engine from RCMK might be better for the bigger hull. Any other advice in regards to the magnum 57 would be appreciated as I am becoming anxious to order it pretty soon .
Old 12-14-2009, 11:47 PM
chaparral 97

I only just got my 57 w/RCMK 2 weeks ago but have not got enough time on it to dial it in. I did do quite a bit of reading on these forums before I decided on this engine over the M5. Even Tony at Whobbies says you'll get a couple of mph over the M5. From what I can see so far, it's a better engine all around.
Robbie

Old 12-15-2009, 07:35 AM
magnum57

Congratulations on stepping up to the Magnum57. It’s my favorite boat. Personally I run the M-5 Zenoah because of the ease of tuning and idling. I have a friend who has the M-6 in his Magnum with the clutch and wet pipe and it works unbelievable. I know Toni sells the RCMK but I’m just not sure of the reliability over the Awesome Zen motors.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:42 AM
Rsat

Thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing their knowledge about gas boats. Here in the Chicago area it seems to be quite difficult to find people who actually know what they are talking about. Even the people in the 2 largest Hobby shops in the area can't seem provide reliable information. I really became excited about this hobby after purchasing my Team Pro. After dealing with a whole range of issues with my Blackjack 55 it is refreshing to own a machine that runs extremely well withot alot of tweaking. I certainly don't
want to bad mouth other peoples products but the Blackjack 55 was not really a decent boat until I put in the Bonzi BZ4 motor,clutch,and pipe and I am still considering changing the rest of the hardware as well.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:28 AM
magnum57

I also went through the pro-boat blues[:@] I started with WHH and wish I would of stuck with them while in my addiction of RC toys[X(]But it seemed like I was always looking for something better then Enforcer. What a waste of time and $$$$. I did like the Bonzi boats. The customer service is awesome and the boats are pretty sweet as well Here's a couple of pix of the the Bonzi boats I think are pretty awesome. However I still go back to my roots in the Enforcer boats. I need a twelve step program for my RC habit………lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19896.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	1334952   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rk23770.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	1334955  
Attached Images   
Old 12-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Rsat

I agree that the Bonzi boats are of very high quality. A friend of mine owns several of their products and we run them together quite often. However, I think if you consider overall value for your dollar , I think the Wharehouse boats give you a much bigger bang for your buck. Additionally, My team Pro seems to run cosiderably faster than my buddies
Bonzi Fountain 56" with the BZ4 package. The only boat that I think he has that can beat me is his Bonzi 84" with twin BZ4s and I am certain that it will be a close race when we run them together in the spring. For now we will just have to wait as our boating ponds are all being used as skating rinks at the present time. It must be nice to live in a state like Arizona or Florida where you don't have to put the hobby down for 4 months.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:06 PM
chaparral 97

ORIGINAL: spoolinaww

Love every minute of my Team Pro... and all the new goodies and look in the first 7 pics

Hey guys,
I just received my 3PM FASSTradio and noticed the antenna is seriously shorter than the AMradio antenna that came w/ the 57 Mag. So short that in order to get my battery pack in and out of the boat there will hardly any antenna outside the boat. Does this system need the antenna outside or can I still get good distance with it inside?
Robbie
Old 12-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Rsat

I have the Futaba 3pm in my Team Pro. I keep the antennae entirely inside the hull and I have never had any range issues.  On dry land I have done a range check and  it seems to work at a distance much greater  than you  would ever even consider running your boat. I also have a lipo battery which powers my servos. I can easily run a couple of tanks and still have decent battery power.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:24 PM
chaparral 97

Thanks! I'll set it up that way and give it a try.
Robbie
Old 12-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Rsat

Also, please note that some people claim to have "glitches"in the signal when using 2.4 ghz systems on the water. A guy in my scale electric club claims to have had this happen with his spectrum system however, I have never had any issues with my Futaba. 
Old 12-15-2009, 06:16 PM
chaparral 97

Yes, I know about that. It appears to be the Spectrum system that's the problem - not that it's a 2.4G. I've heard nothing but good things about the Futaba system.

Robbie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.