Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

ENFORCER OWNERS ~~ This is your thread

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

ENFORCER OWNERS ~~ This is your thread

Old 05-19-2017, 05:16 PM
GTjonnyR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats.....I love the graphics! All the best on the maiden voyage! whats wrong with the white hatch?
Old 05-23-2017, 03:08 PM
smelt

Hey everybody, new boat owner here. I just picked up an Enforcer Super G with the old Homelite setup. Looks like it has the big bore carb, but I dont know a lot about it yet. Got it for $125 in pretty good shape, minus transmitter. Had 2 new servos, and a Losi 2.4 reciever with it. Got it up and running this morning, everything seems to work. My plan is to flake it out, and add a pipe, plus a few dress up things. My buddy has one of the brand new Traxxas cats, I dont remember the name, but its all neon graphics running 6S... My goal is to beat it, for less than what he has in it. Plan was to do a super brushless setup in my poor old Jet Stream 800, then this came up cheaper than an ESC..... Ive read a few pages, will be going thru as many as possible, and Ill try to get some pictures up here asap. I could build another Zenoah for the boat (have a couple for my Baja 5SC), but Ill see what can be done with the Homie...
Old 05-24-2017, 10:00 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on the new addition. Super G has long been a favorite of mine. I dare say you will have your work cut out for you to keep up with a brushless cat - might have to make the race a little longer - 10 laps or so - or on rougher water in order to tap into the advantages the Super G does have. With a homelite it will be pressed to see more than 40mph with a tail wind. But they are an awesome little boat!!

Originally Posted by smelt
Hey everybody, new boat owner here. I just picked up an Enforcer Super G with the old Homelite setup. Looks like it has the big bore carb, but I dont know a lot about it yet. Got it for $125 in pretty good shape, minus transmitter. Had 2 new servos, and a Losi 2.4 reciever with it. Got it up and running this morning, everything seems to work. My plan is to flake it out, and add a pipe, plus a few dress up things. My buddy has one of the brand new Traxxas cats, I dont remember the name, but its all neon graphics running 6S... My goal is to beat it, for less than what he has in it. Plan was to do a super brushless setup in my poor old Jet Stream 800, then this came up cheaper than an ESC..... Ive read a few pages, will be going thru as many as possible, and Ill try to get some pictures up here asap. I could build another Zenoah for the boat (have a couple for my Baja 5SC), but Ill see what can be done with the Homie...
Old 06-11-2017, 06:18 PM
4-Play

Well...the maiden took much longer than expected due to......life! But today was the day! What an awesome boat. Still need to do some tuning, and I was running on the Fraser River which is running fast due to a heavy snowpack run off and so much rain....so I had to settle for a sheltered area of the river. Not ideal but still super fun. Ran for about an hour and GPS's a top speed of 36mph. Be quicker once it is all dialed in and I can get on a lke with some room and some chop.
The day I got it...

And now...

Our sons wheelchair van makes for easy transport of the big boats!

Now to find a bigger place to run!
Old 06-18-2017, 03:31 PM
GTjonnyR

So I finally got a chance to take this monster out on the water... it ran grate! I needed to adjust needle settings because it wouldn't take off, so I leaned it out. Just wondering what the blue plastic tube in the back of the boat is called and is it supposed to move in and out freely? I also attached a few other pictures just because!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3626.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	2220748Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3627.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	2220749Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3544.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	2220750
Old 06-23-2017, 04:57 AM
danielplace

That is the Teflon stuffing tube liner. When they are just stuck in they move. Most remove them and just run metal on metal and lots of grease. The trouble with Teflon liners is they wear thin and get hot and soft and wrap around the flex shaft and lock it up tight and aren't coming back out and you have to rip the entire driveline out and replace. Square drives aren't as hard on the liner as round collet where all the force pushing the boat is transferred up the cable.

Last edited by danielplace; 06-23-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:49 PM
GTjonnyR

Thanks for the information! I will make sure I pull out the liner and inspect it for any wear... I'll add this to the list of items to keep On hand just incase.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:52 AM
danielplace

Not sure if you can do it with that drive setup because of how the clutch housing goes around the stuffing tube area but some slide a new liner in from the engine side and split the last inch of the liner hanging out the front of the tube and fold it back over the stuffing tube and clamp it with small hose clamp.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:59 PM
crapshooter

thats a great idea Daniel, split and wrap the teflon around the stuffing tube would certainly stop any turning of the teflon in the tube.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:27 PM
Rcrockin07

Default Super g

For all you super g or mega g owners how much water do you get in your hull? After a run and if you flip it what happens trying to decide between a super g or a mag 57?
Old 08-12-2017, 03:55 PM
GTjonnyR

I had the same question before I decided to just go with the magnum 57!!! No regrets. If you do decide to go with a mega G I'm sure you will find a little bit of water but nothing to worry about. I'm sure someone with chime in on this to give you a better idea with those particular boats.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:02 AM
GTjonnyR

So yesterday evening I decided to go for a quick run. I was getting good speed until about 10 min in. Then I notest a little bit of a slow down. I didn't think much of it because I thought my hi end setting was a little on the lean side. So I ran it a min more and decided to bring it in. I let her cool down so I could do my cleaning on everything including the flex shaft. When I pulled it out I found that in the area where the shaft is in the clutch housing there was major wear. What do you guys think? Not enough grease? Something binding? I don't want to start pulling things apart if I don't have to.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3930.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	2227766  
Old 08-15-2017, 01:29 AM
Justaddwata

Originally Posted by Rcrockin07
For all you super g or mega g owners how much water do you get in your hull? After a run and if you flip it what happens trying to decide between a super g or a mag 57?
Typically I see no water in the hull - I tend to run the Super G in rough chop. I have not flipped it as yet. If she flips just shut her down immediately, pull the spark plug and turn the boat upside down for a hand full of quick cranks. Choke the carb for a few more cranks. Put the plug in and she should come alive in a crank or two. Super G has been an awesome boat. WHH did a great job with them over the decades. I have yet to see a Mega G in person but they look a cool option too. Magnum 57s are very popular - I am not sure you will regret any of the forementioned!!
Old 08-15-2017, 01:31 AM
Justaddwata

Originally Posted by GTjonnyR
So yesterday evening I decided to go for a quick run. I was getting good speed until about 10 min in. Then I notest a little bit of a slow down. I didn't think much of it because I thought my hi end setting was a little on the lean side. So I ran it a min more and decided to bring it in. I let her cool down so I could do my cleaning on everything including the flex shaft. When I pulled it out I found that in the area where the shaft is in the clutch housing there was major wear. What do you guys think? Not enough grease? Something binding? I don't want to start pulling things apart if I don't have to.
Looking like something hard making contact - like steel on steel. I would try to track down the point of contact as it appears to have ruined 1 cable and will no doubt do more damage. Lube will mask the problem to a degree but I would be looking for the cause to ensure all is not a symptom of a bigger issue.
Old 09-03-2017, 04:23 PM
GTjonnyR

So I had some time today to take apart the magnum and see where my shaft was contacting. By the looks of things it was hitting the end of the steel pipe in side the plastic housing. It is somewhat beveled out around the end but you can't notice it in the picture. When taking this apart a black plastic ring was loose inside the plastic housing as well. I don't no what it is for or if it need to be there? And finally where the shaft comes out of the clutch in the picture, I have some play in all directions when I touch it with my hands is this normal?. Boat is still on first tank of gas and I'm new at this. What Can you guys suggest to me before putting this beast back together. Thanks

Name:	IMG_4018.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	2230441   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4015.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	2230442   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4019.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	2230443  
Old 09-13-2017, 05:12 PM
GTjonnyR

Anyone have any advice? PLEASE
Old 09-14-2017, 03:57 AM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 4-Play
Well...the maiden took much longer than expected due to......life! But today was the day! What an awesome boat. Still need to do some tuning, and I was running on the Fraser River which is running fast due to a heavy snowpack run off and so much rain....so I had to settle for a sheltered area of the river. Not ideal but still super fun. Ran for about an hour and GPS's a top speed of 36mph. Be quicker once it is all dialed in and I can get on a lke with some room and some chop.
The day I got it...

And now...

Our sons wheelchair van makes for easy transport of the big boats!

Now to find a bigger place to run!
I see you have a problem with Photobucket also. They now want $399 a year so you can post your pics on other sites.Your pics are hostage on Photobucket unless you pay them.They have complaints against them with the BBB.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:08 PM
4-Play

Well...Spent a whole lotta money on all new parts for a Fountain 64 that I was planning on building. The hull has been sitting at my painters for months and kept getting pushed off for other more pressing jobs he wanted to get done. I really didn't care as I was in no rush. After a while I changed my mind and decided to scrap the Fountain project. So all the fancy bits that I bought are going in the Magnum 57. Almost done with her. New motor is a BZx4 G300 with clutch, Walbro WT1046 carb, new electronics box, Prather S257 prop, added another water pick up. Keeping the stock exhaust even tho I have a Bonzi Performance Race pipe and header that I may throw in later on. Also keeping the original SPDIII Drive System as I feel it is very well suited for this boat. Hopefully these mods will give her a bit of a boost in speed. Looking forward to getting her finished up and on the water.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:07 AM
TeeShark

Question Help identify my Enforcer please

Hey guys, I picked up my 1st Enforcer this past summer for $150 but I need help identifying it. The dimensions are 13.5 x 43.5 and it has a Mitsubishi T-110 motor in it. I will need to order new hardware for it, rudders, etc... after I figure out which boat I have. See included pics. The rest of this post is just additional details about my awesome find this summer so its not required reading to help me ID this boat.

It has/had a little damage to the top (deck) of the hull. About a tennis ball size hole in the deck of the hull which you will see from the pics. Im in the process of fixing. Im sure a pro could fix it where you would never know it happened but I'm not a pro. The edge of the hole in the fiberglass is slightly raised so in order to hide it, Im having to make a slight modification to the hull/body of the boat. Im using a light weight marine epoxy to build up or create a slightly raised area down the center of the boat from the nose to the leading edge of the cockpit. Sort of like a hood scoop on the hood of a car. It will be 1/8th inch at most and wide enough to hide the damage. I believe the previous owner attempted to use a torch or something to try to fix it so there was some rippling (uneven) areas on the deck. So it will hide those as well. I know its not easy making things look perfect but I do have experience with fixing damaged fiberglass hulls. I also have a FE mono hull that runs 58mph as it is setup right now with a 72mph top speed on a 6s lipo (2 - 3s for balance). I crashed it into a pier pylon in florida on its maiden voyage so had to repair the nose and while i was at it, improved the strakes. So im confident that the Enforcer will look perfect when im done and only noticable to the experienced RC boat hobbyist. So with all that said lets get to some pics.

Ps. One last thing, are there any mods i can make to the Mitsubishi T110 to make this boat faster. I would like to at least break 50mph but was hoping to build my 1st 100mph boat with the larger hull and gas motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Name:	IMG_20180219_130213.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	2.41 MB
ID:	2255224   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180219_130229.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	2255225  
Old 02-19-2018, 11:23 AM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I believe the hull you have is an Enforcer crackerbox which is a shallow v hull.The giveaway is the cross member that divides the engine compartment from the radiobox section The rear opening should have a hatch cover that two drivers sit on.You could get the 50mph ,but not with that weedeater engine, even with modifications. A Zenoah 260 should get you near that 50mph. The crackerbox is a wild handling hull that like a full deep vee,and requires learning to drive it,but when you do it is a blast.

Name:	2015-03-02%2017_57_13_Crackerbox-600x600.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	2255244   Click image for larger version

Name:	20525771_638036199735084_6047566538224407658_n.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	2255245  
Old 02-20-2018, 06:05 PM
TeeShark

Default Wild handling?

Originally Posted by Tidnab
I believe the hull you have is an Enforcer crackerbox which is a shallow v hull.The giveaway is the cross member that divides the engine compartment from the radiobox section The rear opening should have a hatch cover that two drivers sit on.You could get the 50mph ,but not with that weedeater engine, even with modifications. A Zenoah 260 should get you near that 50mph. The crackerbox is a wild handling hull that like a full deep vee,and requires learning to drive it,but when you do it is a blast.
I noticed it did not have turn fins. I plan to order the upgraded rudder system and all new rear parts kit including a new prop. Could someone recommend a good prop for this boat? Im just going to get it ready to sell then along with my Pursuit mono hull that took 2nd in NAMBA regionals 3-4yrs ago. I will post a few pics of both of them in the next 2 weeks. My next boat is gonna be a Cat, cause I caught that "Cat scratch fever..." Hahaha
Old 02-23-2018, 02:53 PM
crapshooter

The Crackerbox has its TurnFin positioned under the center of hull . a good prop to use is either a Prather 270 or 275 depends on your engine size.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:48 PM
GTjonnyR

So I found some time to replace my clutch housing. When I took it apart the bearings were seized and the clutch housing had melted plastic on it that I cleaned up. I then had to pull melted plastic from under the clutch itself. This was the first time doing this and as far as I could see the clutch looked fine to me. From the pictures would you guys happen to see anything out of the ordinary? I also decided to leave the plastic housing off of the collet. I would think it’s fine like that so long as I run the Teflon line up close to the collet.

Old 03-18-2018, 05:53 PM
GTjonnyR

I also forgot to mention... when I installed the motor mounts back on I noticed that I couldn’t tighten one fully. As I tightened the rubber mount would twist and turn the bolt back as soon as I let go. I’m guessing the threading inside is stripped?
Old 05-06-2018, 01:23 PM
SUPER-V

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Enforcer 57

Took the Enforcer out for a spin , hadn't run it in a while ran perfect heres a random pic...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.