Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

ENFORCER OWNERS ~~ This is your thread

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

ENFORCER OWNERS ~~ This is your thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 10:36 PM
tootalltechie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the space between the flywheel and coil. Adjust if needed (business card) thickness. Dry plug? New plug NKG?

Originally Posted by pistol18
I realize it's over a year since last reply but here goes.....
I've read through the 50+ pages and wow, lots of great info here, thanks to everyone!
I recently purchased a gorgeous Magnum 57 and am now having starting issues.

I ran boat for 5 minutes a week ago, all good
ran boat a few days ago for 6-7 mins, all good then brought in to check hoses, temps, etc and add more fuel.
I haven't been able to start since and tried all I can think of to no avail.
Here's the starting procedure that prior owner told me to use( I have other gas and FE boats too)
TX on, boat on switch on, thumb over carb stack to choke, 1 pull, wet thumb good
2nd pull boat starts, at least that's what it did twice for me.
I'm getting spark but it's small and am going to pickup a new plug tomorrow to see if that works.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
Old 07-17-2014, 04:30 PM
mistycreekboats
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the motor over heated you may have seized the ring - or if you oil/gas ratio was off (not enough oil)

Do you have compression - a good 'pop' when you pull it ??

When you ran it did you run it by close enough to make sure water was coming out of the outlets on the boat ?

A slipping clutch will over heat them pretty quick as well..

Just a thought - check the ring and make sure everything is tight ..

Last edited by mistycreekboats; 07-17-2014 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:09 AM
pistol18

Thanks for the replies. I have a new plug and new batteries for the rx, will try this afternoon.
The boat has a wet exhaust(and clutch), it looked like water was flowing from the exhaust at idle and going by.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:42 AM
pistol18

Good news, she's alive! Looks like it was the red source coil that was the culprit, I ordered the grey coil too and new plug. Took each one off and when I fit new red coil with old grey coil and old plug, I saw the spark. Boat fired right up and there is peace again in the Magnum 57 world! Plus I now have some spare parts for my other boats too.

Thanks again for the replies above!!
Old 08-06-2014, 10:31 AM
pyro1

Joe I'm happy that you got the Mag 57 running again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Tom D.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:19 AM
matteus400

Default Enforcer Silex Drive Cable/PropShaft

Hey fellow enforcer owners.

I am the new owner of a beautiful Silex Pro with BhHanson Hornet motor. To make a long story short, I have finally gotten the boat running well this weekend as the previous owner has the setup so wrong that the boat would submarine itself every time you tried to turn right (over 6 degrees of down trim on the drive). I have reset the entire boat setup from radio box to prop nut and I have it dialed in, I think however that the previous setup had put excess strain on the drive shaft as this weekend it separated from then propshaft at the coupling.

The question I have is this:

When I am looking at the new shaft and drive cable there is a square female end on the replacement propshaft and the drive cable comes with square ends on both ends. On my boat it has a square end on the motor end of the cable and a round end that fits into the propshaft. I am assuming that the cable was soldered into the propshaft.

I am thinking that I want to replace the shaft and cable with the new setup which is much more resilient and easier to maintain.

Does anyone have any experience with these two different styles of prop shaft on the silex pro?

Thanks
Old 10-09-2014, 08:10 AM
pyro1

I have the square on both ends. Never had a problem. Have had to solder the other kind many times. They both work well but go with the square ended cable set up. That hornet has alot of torque.

Tom D
Old 06-16-2015, 07:27 PM
jetG23

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys , I recently purchased an enforcer rc boat used. I thought it was a magnum 57 ,but when I measured the hull it only measured 52" is this one of the older magnum boats or is the 57 including the rudders and such ? Also ,it has the enforcer hybrid engine. The boat looks to be in almost new condition as well
Old 12-02-2015, 11:55 AM
bonzisports

To all RC Boats fans - you know Enforcer RC Boats has moved as of July 2013. The finest U.S. made gas powered (and some electrics too) are still being made from the same molds with the same quality fiberglass and gel coat with the same Enforcer RC parts. We continue to use Zenoah engines for both stock and modified engines. We maintain that the overall quality and value of our boats has improved and pricing is virtually unchanged. We work everyday to be the best we can be in the 30 year tradition that we inherited.
Please join us at www.enforcerrcboats.com or like us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/EnforcerRC

Thank you for your continued support. Bonzi' Sports/Enforcer RC Boats
Old 03-08-2017, 12:57 PM
GTjonnyR

Hey all... I am interested in purchasing a magnum 57... does anyone have experience dealing with bonzi?
What do you recommend for options and spare parts when ordering the boat?

also it seams like there are different engine options now? More power? Speed? Durability?

your thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated!!!
Old 03-08-2017, 06:14 PM
SUPER-V

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bonzi is a reputable company excellent to deal with...
Old 03-13-2017, 11:21 PM
GTjonnyR

thanks for the reply... looking forward to ordering a magnum in the near future
Is anyone running a magnum with a dry pipe? is more ventilation needed?
Old 03-29-2017, 10:40 AM
pyro1

If you run a dry pipe then you should rap the pipe with manifold heat tape found in auto parts stores. The wet pipe is used because when water is injected into the pipe it de tunes it causing the engine to produce more torque. Usually used on heaver rc boats.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:46 AM
GTjonnyR

Thanks for the tip... just got my magnum 57, now I need some good weather to get out on the water.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:08 AM
pyro1

If you have any questions, contact me. I have set up many Mag 57s. Check out my vid running my 57 alongside a full size boat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_yT-MDIyww
Old 04-09-2017, 07:32 AM
GTjonnyR

Awesome video! The only thing I need to figure out is my super bee kill switch… when I turn off the transmitter the throttle will stay in the same position as apposed to closing. I haven't really had time to tinker with it anyway.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:24 AM
RC-Cola

Originally Posted by GTjonnyR
Awesome video! The only thing I need to figure out is my super bee kill switch… when I turn off the transmitter the throttle will stay in the same position as apposed to closing. I haven't really had time to tinker with it anyway.
The super bee is an engine kill not a fail safe. A fail safe moves the throttle, engine kill shuts off engine by grounding ignition not closing throttle.
Old 04-09-2017, 12:17 PM
GTjonnyR

Thank you for that info. I have a futaba 3pv so I believe I can set the fail safe on that for throttle control.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:13 PM
RC-Cola

The 3 pv is a 3 channel radio ,you can hook the super bee into the 3rd channel. Instructions for hook up are on the killer bee website. It will kill the engine with the 3rd channel switch or signal lose such as turning off TX. Its worth setting up the radio for fail safe on the throttle and the KB unit for just in case.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:54 AM
GTjonnyR

Good morning... just wanted to ask about spark plugs.
what are you guys using NGK? Champion? Which is better in your opinion?
Old 05-09-2017, 08:43 AM
pyro1

I use NGK Iridian plugs.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:03 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GTjonnyR
Good morning... just wanted to ask about spark plugs.
what are you guys using NGK? Champion? Which is better in your opinion?
Only time I have had plugs fail on me (and sometimes with motor destroying consequences) has been when using Champion. Where ever possible I use NGK or Bosch.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:04 PM
SUPER-V

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NGK( cmr7h ) all the way...
Old 05-14-2017, 02:46 AM
GTjonnyR

Looks like I will be going out to get myself some NGK plugs… that is my brand of choice as well. I just wanted to hear from you guys, so I could reassure myself I was on the right track. The boat came with a champion plug but not to crazy about it. Are you guys using an iridium plug or just a regular plug?
Old 05-16-2017, 10:41 AM
4-Play

Hey All! Got my Magnum 57 from the original owner about 3 weeks ago. Really good shape with low hours on the M5 engine. Havent done anything more than bench test it and paint on a windshield! A new hatch in red from Bonzi is coming in next week but I think I am going to take her out for a rip on the lake this weekend. Also have a Bonzi Fountain 64 that is in the current stage of being rebuilt. Everything inside will be new except the electronics....but that is a whole nother story!

Pic with no windshield painted
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0046_zpslh3hn9sn.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	2215438
With one painted on

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_39271_zpsm9nuc1uo.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	2215439

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.