Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

ENFORCER OWNERS ~~ This is your thread

Old 05-19-2017, 05:16 PM
GTjonnyR

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Congrats.....I love the graphics! All the best on the maiden voyage! whats wrong with the white hatch?
Old 05-23-2017, 03:08 PM
smelt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey everybody, new boat owner here. I just picked up an Enforcer Super G with the old Homelite setup. Looks like it has the big bore carb, but I dont know a lot about it yet. Got it for $125 in pretty good shape, minus transmitter. Had 2 new servos, and a Losi 2.4 reciever with it. Got it up and running this morning, everything seems to work. My plan is to flake it out, and add a pipe, plus a few dress up things. My buddy has one of the brand new Traxxas cats, I dont remember the name, but its all neon graphics running 6S... My goal is to beat it, for less than what he has in it. Plan was to do a super brushless setup in my poor old Jet Stream 800, then this came up cheaper than an ESC..... Ive read a few pages, will be going thru as many as possible, and Ill try to get some pictures up here asap. I could build another Zenoah for the boat (have a couple for my Baja 5SC), but Ill see what can be done with the Homie...
Old 05-24-2017, 10:00 AM
Justaddwata

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Congrats on the new addition. Super G has long been a favorite of mine. I dare say you will have your work cut out for you to keep up with a brushless cat - might have to make the race a little longer - 10 laps or so - or on rougher water in order to tap into the advantages the Super G does have. With a homelite it will be pressed to see more than 40mph with a tail wind. But they are an awesome little boat!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smelt View Post
Hey everybody, new boat owner here. I just picked up an Enforcer Super G with the old Homelite setup. Looks like it has the big bore carb, but I dont know a lot about it yet. Got it for $125 in pretty good shape, minus transmitter. Had 2 new servos, and a Losi 2.4 reciever with it. Got it up and running this morning, everything seems to work. My plan is to flake it out, and add a pipe, plus a few dress up things. My buddy has one of the brand new Traxxas cats, I dont remember the name, but its all neon graphics running 6S... My goal is to beat it, for less than what he has in it. Plan was to do a super brushless setup in my poor old Jet Stream 800, then this came up cheaper than an ESC..... Ive read a few pages, will be going thru as many as possible, and Ill try to get some pictures up here asap. I could build another Zenoah for the boat (have a couple for my Baja 5SC), but Ill see what can be done with the Homie...
Old 06-11-2017, 06:18 PM
4-Play

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well...the maiden took much longer than expected due to......life! But today was the day! What an awesome boat. Still need to do some tuning, and I was running on the Fraser River which is running fast due to a heavy snowpack run off and so much rain....so I had to settle for a sheltered area of the river. Not ideal but still super fun. Ran for about an hour and GPS's a top speed of 36mph. Be quicker once it is all dialed in and I can get on a lke with some room and some chop.
The day I got it...

And now...

Our sons wheelchair van makes for easy transport of the big boats!

Now to find a bigger place to run!
Old 06-18-2017, 03:31 PM
GTjonnyR

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

So I finally got a chance to take this monster out on the water... it ran grate! I needed to adjust needle settings because it wouldn't take off, so I leaned it out. Just wondering what the blue plastic tube in the back of the boat is called and is it supposed to move in and out freely? I also attached a few other pictures just because!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3626.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	2220748Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3627.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	2220749Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3544.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	2220750
Old 06-23-2017, 04:57 AM
danielplace

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

That is the Teflon stuffing tube liner. When they are just stuck in they move. Most remove them and just run metal on metal and lots of grease. The trouble with Teflon liners is they wear thin and get hot and soft and wrap around the flex shaft and lock it up tight and aren't coming back out and you have to rip the entire driveline out and replace. Square drives aren't as hard on the liner as round collet where all the force pushing the boat is transferred up the cable.

Last edited by danielplace; 06-23-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:49 PM
GTjonnyR

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the information! I will make sure I pull out the liner and inspect it for any wear... I'll add this to the list of items to keep On hand just incase.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:52 AM
danielplace

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Not sure if you can do it with that drive setup because of how the clutch housing goes around the stuffing tube area but some slide a new liner in from the engine side and split the last inch of the liner hanging out the front of the tube and fold it back over the stuffing tube and clamp it with small hose clamp.
Old 06-30-2017, 07:59 PM
crapshooter

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thats a great idea Daniel, split and wrap the teflon around the stuffing tube would certainly stop any turning of the teflon in the tube.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:27 PM
Rcrockin07

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Super g

For all you super g or mega g owners how much water do you get in your hull? After a run and if you flip it what happens trying to decide between a super g or a mag 57?
Old 08-12-2017, 03:55 PM
GTjonnyR

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I had the same question before I decided to just go with the magnum 57!!! No regrets. If you do decide to go with a mega G I'm sure you will find a little bit of water but nothing to worry about. I'm sure someone with chime in on this to give you a better idea with those particular boats.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:02 AM
GTjonnyR

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

So yesterday evening I decided to go for a quick run. I was getting good speed until about 10 min in. Then I notest a little bit of a slow down. I didn't think much of it because I thought my hi end setting was a little on the lean side. So I ran it a min more and decided to bring it in. I let her cool down so I could do my cleaning on everything including the flex shaft. When I pulled it out I found that in the area where the shaft is in the clutch housing there was major wear. What do you guys think? Not enough grease? Something binding? I don't want to start pulling things apart if I don't have to.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3930.JPG
Views:	12
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	2227766  
Old 08-15-2017, 01:29 AM
Justaddwata

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcrockin07 View Post
For all you super g or mega g owners how much water do you get in your hull? After a run and if you flip it what happens trying to decide between a super g or a mag 57?
Typically I see no water in the hull - I tend to run the Super G in rough chop. I have not flipped it as yet. If she flips just shut her down immediately, pull the spark plug and turn the boat upside down for a hand full of quick cranks. Choke the carb for a few more cranks. Put the plug in and she should come alive in a crank or two. Super G has been an awesome boat. WHH did a great job with them over the decades. I have yet to see a Mega G in person but they look a cool option too. Magnum 57s are very popular - I am not sure you will regret any of the forementioned!!
Old 08-15-2017, 01:31 AM
Justaddwata

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTjonnyR View Post
So yesterday evening I decided to go for a quick run. I was getting good speed until about 10 min in. Then I notest a little bit of a slow down. I didn't think much of it because I thought my hi end setting was a little on the lean side. So I ran it a min more and decided to bring it in. I let her cool down so I could do my cleaning on everything including the flex shaft. When I pulled it out I found that in the area where the shaft is in the clutch housing there was major wear. What do you guys think? Not enough grease? Something binding? I don't want to start pulling things apart if I don't have to.
Looking like something hard making contact - like steel on steel. I would try to track down the point of contact as it appears to have ruined 1 cable and will no doubt do more damage. Lube will mask the problem to a degree but I would be looking for the cause to ensure all is not a symptom of a bigger issue.
Old 09-03-2017, 04:23 PM
GTjonnyR

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

So I had some time today to take apart the magnum and see where my shaft was contacting. By the looks of things it was hitting the end of the steel pipe in side the plastic housing. It is somewhat beveled out around the end but you can't notice it in the picture. When taking this apart a black plastic ring was loose inside the plastic housing as well. I don't no what it is for or if it need to be there? And finally where the shaft comes out of the clutch in the picture, I have some play in all directions when I touch it with my hands is this normal?. Boat is still on first tank of gas and I'm new at this. What Can you guys suggest to me before putting this beast back together. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4018.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	2230441   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4015.JPG
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	2230442   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4019.JPG
Size:	1.75 MB
ID:	2230443  
Old 09-13-2017, 05:12 PM
GTjonnyR

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Anyone have any advice? PLEASE
Old 09-14-2017, 03:57 AM
Tidnab

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-Play View Post
Well...the maiden took much longer than expected due to......life! But today was the day! What an awesome boat. Still need to do some tuning, and I was running on the Fraser River which is running fast due to a heavy snowpack run off and so much rain....so I had to settle for a sheltered area of the river. Not ideal but still super fun. Ran for about an hour and GPS's a top speed of 36mph. Be quicker once it is all dialed in and I can get on a lke with some room and some chop.
The day I got it...

And now...

Our sons wheelchair van makes for easy transport of the big boats!

Now to find a bigger place to run!
I see you have a problem with Photobucket also. They now want $399 a year so you can post your pics on other sites.Your pics are hostage on Photobucket unless you pay them.They have complaints against them with the BBB.

Search this Thread