Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Gas Jet Boaters

Old 03-09-2010, 01:36 AM
Scott Schneider

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Gas Jet Boaters

Quote:
ORIGINAL: infinityteg

heres the link to the pump i think it looks like. it says its good for up to .90 nitro engines. I ran a weedeater through one and handled it fine. will try one again one day once ive finished my molds (almost done)

http://www.jet-drive.de/index.php?op...d=11&Itemid=17

cheers
steve
40mm IMO is way too small for 25cc gassers ... the torque of a .21 to .90 engine range is only a fraction of what we have with the current generation gas engines.
*Just for giggles went out and measured my extra 5 blade swashdrive impeller ... 52 MM !!

Digging around the GRAUPNER sites, found this which actually references use on a gas engine

Graupner JET propulsion unit 5 2347Graupner JET propulsion unit 5 2347
JET propulsion unit 5 2347 The JET propulsion unit 5 is a development of the JET propulsion unit 4. A re-design of the steering nozzle
and reversing flap have produced a much lighter version of the JET propulsion unit. However, since
the shape of the JET unit housing is the same as that of the JET propulsion unit 4 (Order No. 2348), it
can be used as a simple replacement for the preceding model. The inlet tube and thrust nozzle are
made of very robust pressure cast aluminium, while the plastic parts are moulded in glass fibre
reinforced material. The impeller shaft runs in twin ball races. The new JET propulsion unit is ideal for
internal combustion engines, as thrust reversal is obtained by operating the reversing flap rather than
by reversing the direction of rotation of the engine. The steering nozzle incorporates an integral
cooling water nipple. Suitable power plants are internal combustion engines of 15 to 30 cc capacity, and
electric motors rated at a minimum of 700 Watts output power. The steering servo must be a powerful
type; we recommend one with an output torque of more than 5 kg/cm (e.g. C 4621, Order No. 5126).
If you wish to install the JET propulsion unit 5 in an AZIMUTH ATLANTIC CHALLENGER and power it

[img][/img]
with an internal combustion engine, you will need to reinforce the hull with two layers of 300 g/m2
glass cloth, seal off the four stern openings by laminating glass over them, and alter the openings to
suit. Suitable power plants 1. Petrol: ZENOAH G 230 PU, Order No. 1878 with power set, Order No. 432 2. Electric:
ULTRA 3500-6M, Order No. 6361 with 4 x SANYO 6N-4000 DRL, Order No. 2516

Specification
Length approx. 285 mm; Width approx. 78 mm; Height approx. 85 mm ; Flange Ø approx. 78 mm;
Shaft Ø approx. 7 mm ; Impeller Ø approx. 49 mm ; Weight approx. 545 g

£163.43
Old 03-09-2010, 01:57 AM
Scott Schneider

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Then found this site that has a LOT on specific info on this pump set.

[link]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkm_J8JVLn88AvJRXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyY3B2aGl hBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMwRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkA0RGUjVfODE-/SIG=12vg978fg/EXP=1268204105*http%3a//www.highperformancemodels.com/graupner%2520jet%2520unit%25202347.htm[/link]
Old 03-09-2010, 02:04 AM
bentley marshall

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

links not working scott
Old 03-09-2010, 04:15 AM
F1roddo

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: mickieb49

Interesting....
I have had a little trouble starting my Zenoah on the weekend , it seems like it was flooding once i was using the pullstarter , can anyone tell me what their setings are on the carby? I started at with the Low on 1+-1/4, High 1 5/8+-1/4 ? . It wasn't even trying to start, plenty of spark and the fuel is fresh ?????? all i have now is a sore arm . Please help as i am at a loss of what is going on.

Also getting rid of a few Swashdrive MK1 jets, not going to use them now as going to try my hand at Prop drives, PM me if your interested.

"going to try my hand at prop drives".......Hmmmmm.....Have you seen the light MickieB!!! hehe

Chris
Old 03-09-2010, 04:22 AM
bentley marshall

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Scott Schneider

[link]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkm_J8JVLn88AvJRXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyY3B2aGl hBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMwRjb2xvA3NrMQR2dGlkA0RGUjVfODE-/SIG=12vg978fg/EXP=1268204105*http%3a//www.highperformancemodels.com/graupner%2520jet%2520unit%25202347.htm[/link]
i think this is what scott was trying to link to

http://www.highperformancemodels.com...nit%202347.htm
Old 03-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Scott Schneider

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: bentley marshall

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Scott Schneider

i think this is what scott was trying to link to

http://www.highperformancemodels.com...nit%202347.htm
Yup, that's it
Old 03-09-2010, 06:14 PM
specialk1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wow thanks for all the great help . i think I'm going to start from scratch , i have the molds to make more hulls and after reading this thread I'm going to make a new Gasser jet drive i still have lots of question
Old 03-20-2010, 11:38 PM
aussier6er

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ahh my jet boat hull has found a brother !!! while browsing through the pages i found what looks to be very similar to the jet boat hull that i have ( http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_89...tm.htm#8920423 ) i was planning on selling it but now i have been given insperation to do a build on it !!!

i saw that mickieb49 has a swash drive mk1 for sale might be a bit dear for a second hand unit i have also seen the graupner and kmb units what would be the best out of these ??

i had the hull out yesterday and started to sand the hull back with wet and dry and found a nice white gel coated hull underneath the matt black paint had a think about the paint job i would like to give the hull and i am thinking of a 2pac white paint job

not sure what drive unit to run as of yet but i am thinking of coupling it upto a zenoah g260pum

and the roll bars hmm i was thinking of making one out of round aluminium tubing but after seeing a couple in the pictures on the thread i am now thinking of making one out of 1.5 inch flat aluminium and bending one up after doing some cutouts into the flat aluminium

anyways some more help from you guys on what unit i should be looking at would be great !!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12155.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	1401882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40523.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	1401883   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af89800.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1401884   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zt52171.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	1401885   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qb37225.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	1401886  
Old 03-21-2010, 04:14 AM
mickieb49

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Aspire2008, don't know if you noticed but the MK1 unit i have is new, unused and never fitted in a boat.     I am sure you will have luck with the Graupner and Kmb units.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:46 AM
aussier6er

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: mickieb49

Hi Aspire2008, don't know if you noticed but the MK1 unit i have is new, unused and never fitted in a boat. I am sure you will have luck with the Graupner and Kmb units.

ahh no troubles i didnt see that the unit was brand new !!!!

p.m sent

Old 03-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Mike2735

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have what is probably an off the wall question for you gas jet boaters. I was wondering if anyone had ever considered putting a jet drive in a ZippKits Easy Vee. I really like the hull and am very intrigued with the jet drive concept and was wondering if this could be a possibility or if I am just way off on the type of hull that would be fun to drive. I am not looking to race this Hull. I have a ZippKits Illusion that I intend to race. This will just be a play around boat. Any thoughts or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:20 AM
dicko

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You will need to cut the boat shorter so tha it has a chance to turn and also cut a delta pad into the rear for the jet pickup. There have been several deep vee to jet conversions done on this forum. They may now perform as well as a specific jet hull, but seeing as though there are no jet hull races it doesn't really matter as long as you're having fun. Have a go & show us your results.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:26 AM
Scott Schneider

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Mike2735

I have what is probably an off the wall question for you gas jet boaters. I was wondering if anyone had ever considered putting a jet drive in a ZippKits Easy Vee. I really like the hull and am very intrigued with the jet drive concept and was wondering if this could be a possibility or if I am just way off on the type of hull that would be fun to drive. I am not looking to race this Hull. I have a ZippKits Illusion that I intend to race. This will just be a play around boat. Any thoughts or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
I actually brought up the subject talking with Joe Petro a few years ago shortly after the EZ V came out. His thoughts were as were mine, hull would be an easy enough build to modify for a delta keel but too long a hull to run like a sprint does..
If you reworked the top decking to fit the hull made without the transom placement it has, moving it one bulkhead forward it would shorten hull I think @ 8 inchs.
Being a wood hull, sky is really the limit on mods one could do and get it all sorted .... hulls so inexpensive, you screw up your out what ? $60 or something like that.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Mike2735

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Scott,

That is what I was thinking. I can screw up $60.00 in a lot of ways. Why not try to make something fun and maybe not screw up. WOW what a concept. I think I will try it. I have a stock zenoah lying around that needs a home and I will buy the Graupner 2347 jet and see how it goes. Thanks guys.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:55 AM
martno1fan

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Why not get the free plans available of the 48" gass deep vee ? its similar to the easy vee and runs just as well if not better .Scale it to whatever size you need its simple enough.
Mart
Old 03-25-2010, 05:09 PM
infinityteg

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The first sprint boat out of my molds. just need to join them togerther. the nxt ones will be joined in the molds.

cheers
steve
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	om33144.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	1404766   Click image for larger version

Name:	ql35237.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	1404767   Click image for larger version

Name:	yd81286.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	1404768   Click image for larger version

Name:	wq41836.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	1404769  
Old 03-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Dana W

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Nice job , can't wait to hear the testing results . I'm glad these boats are getting more popular .
Old 03-26-2010, 12:46 AM
Scott Schneider

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hey guys ... The Graupner jet unit for the gas engines How does it get mounted within hull ?
My buddy just received his and was asking me because it has no mount holes for screwing down to floor of the delta keel within his Davette hull [sm=confused.gif]
Old 03-26-2010, 02:04 AM
infinityteg

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I had a KMB unit which is similar to the graupner unit and i cut the hole out of the delta the size of the jet unit and reglassed over top of it (after waxing the unit) then drilled and bolted it in. hope this helps. where did he get the unit from (other than the high performance models site?

cheers
steve
Old 03-26-2010, 06:26 AM
Dana W

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It didn't come with installation instructions ? Yep it's probably the same as the KMB . I used epoxy and glass to hold it inplace .
Old 03-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Scott Schneider

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I will be seeing it in person this weekend ... thanks for the heads up
Old 04-02-2010, 01:00 AM
da mad maori

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i used two small bolts and large washer type clamps to bolt the front down... i would think it will work well havent tryed it yet.....

i have two little screws in place to prove concept then i replaced with small bolts and "chocks"

Old 04-02-2010, 01:04 AM
SS132OFT

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Holy crap, look at the size of that pump! Need to put that in something small
Old 04-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Dana W

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Here's an update on my DaVette Squirt Boat . I installed the KMB pump with epoxy and cloth . Next I installed the new Zenoah 260 at 27% . That would be 9 1/4 " from the transom . I found an old universal joint in the drawer that was 5mm on both ends . It fit the pump perfect but I had to mill the 1/4" stub shaft to fit the universal joint . I hope it holds up to the rpm I'm going to apply to it . A friend at work ( our welder ) had some stainless steel tube that he welded me up a roll cage . Next I'll figure out how I'm going to install it so I can also use it as a carrying handle .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Fd91896.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	1418132   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93162.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	1418133  
Old 04-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Scott Schneider

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Dana W

Here's an update on my DaVette Squirt Boat . I installed the KMB pump with epoxy and cloth . Next I installed the new Zenoah 260 at 27% . That would be 9 1/4 '' from the transom . I found an old universal joint in the drawer that was 5mm on both ends . It fit the pump perfect but I had to mill the 1/4'' stub shaft to fit the universal joint . I hope it holds up to the rpm I'm going to apply to it . A friend at work ( our welder ) had some stainless steel tube that he welded me up a roll cage . Next I'll figure out how I'm going to install it so I can also use it as a carrying handle .
Zoom Zoom, your real close !!
Love the roll cage, yet to do mine due to race season and other boats now getting my attention.

keep us posted

Search this Thread