Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Any Venom segad or king of shaves owners? would it handle 29cc zen or 35cc quickdraw

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Any Venom segad or king of shaves owners? would it handle 29cc zen or 35cc quickdraw

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 01:10 PM
justin29cccat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Venom segad or king of shaves owners? would it handle 29cc zen or 35cc quickdraw

the kwa motor and stock motor are junk and being pulled once the boat gets here.

http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=VEN-1807

Hull is nice and well made from what i can see. (venom king of shaves 58' long 16' beam angle single gas catamaran)

Motors i am looking at is the Zenoah pro mod from either c&c, Hansen, insane boats or redline at 6hp and 17 to 18,000 rpm.

Do you think it would handle a 29cc zenoah at 8 hp 18,000 rpm or the quickdraw 35cc motor?

Also what prop and pipe to go with. I was looking a tuned DRY pipe since wet kills hp.

Also what prop would be the best for all around speed

Thanks for your help

Old 02-17-2010, 08:24 PM
lolamon

Default RE: Any Venom segad or king of shaves owners? would it handle 29cc zen or 35cc quickdraw

I would go with a C&C Racing full mod Zenoah 26cc and run a Voodoo 6717/3.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:29 PM
lolamon

Default RE: Any Venom segad or king of shaves owners? would it handle 29cc zen or 35cc quickdraw

I just got a Segad on a wicked deal. Instantly put my spare stock Zenoah in along with my spare Voodoo quite pipe. Installed my radio system. Will have to see in a few weeks how she runs, looking for 50mph.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:52 AM
crrcboatz
My Feedback: (34)

Will this hull handle a inlne twin zenoahs fully modded? Also is there room for them and get the right CG?

tnks Curt
Old 04-26-2010, 01:26 PM
lolamon

I would say definitely NO. They will not fit under the hatch top and center. Stability wise it is not wide enough and top heavy. It rolls over too easy in the turns with one engine doing over 50mph. The fiberglass is too light and would require additional layars to strengthen. Also change out the rails to something more solid.

If you want to run twins and faster than 50mph look into a more suitable hull and hardware.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:55 PM
goodson

My brother has a venom KOS with a mod sikk, and its about as much power as the hull can take. It's not too stable turning and my stock Zen, clutched Rio lost in the straights, but gained in turns.

Twins in that hull are out of the question. The sponsons are too small and the deck is too short. Beyond that the lay-up is light at best.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:04 PM
mistycreekboats
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: crrcboatz

Will this hull handle a inlne twin zenoahs fully modded? Also is there room for them and get the right CG?

tnks Curt
Curt
Look for a Expresscraft GTX will work great with the inline twins you have that are modded

Randy
Old 04-06-2012, 07:09 AM
HoverDown3K
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: goodson

My brother has a venom KOS with a mod sikk, and its about as much power as the hull can take. It's not too stable turning and my stock Zen, clutched Rio lost in the straights, but gained in turns.

Twins in that hull are out of the question. The sponsons are too small and the deck is too short. Beyond that the lay-up is light at best.

Twin CY gas engines in Venom Segad, it can be done and has...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FSVI5FfJc8
Old 04-06-2012, 10:13 AM
goodson

That's neat, at best. Far too much engine for the weak lay-up of the hull, IMO. Besides, we GPS'd his over 51 mph with the single. Broke that hull, and transferred everything into a Central Hobbies Skater hull that's build 10x as well. Bigger, heavier hull and still GPS upper 40's without playing with props. Perfect play boat.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:35 PM
lolamon

The hull is not wide enough to offset the ceter of gravity which is all ready high. Therefore turning would have to be very slow, fuel tank placed on the starboard side and the hull needs to have additional fiberglass re-enforcement as the hull is very thin.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I haven't taken one for a spin yet but a guy who runs with us brought one along. He let my son who has about 12 years experience run it and he didn't like the handling at all saying that it rurned very poorly. The boats will stress crack easily enough as it is with the stock motors, I think that a good one would really shake it apart.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:42 PM
lolamon

The quality is poor. I have swapped out everything stock and put quality in. I'm thinking about transferring what I have into a AC 45 Cat.