Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

help locating a pipe

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

help locating a pipe

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 11:46 AM
cat samich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help locating a pipe

a while back i saw a few pics of a boat on this site that had a dry pipe that wrapped around the front of the motor before it went to the back of the boat. looked more like a dirtbike pipe or maybe something u would see on an hpi baja 5b, any ideas?

please post pics of your curved pipe set ups, no straight pipes please

thanks guys
Old 04-19-2010, 04:07 PM
machetteman

Default RE: help locating a pipe

think you are on about a deep v header that goes from the engine to pipe

http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/wp222de1D.jpg

is this what you mean

regards phil
Old 04-19-2010, 04:31 PM
nothinbetr2do

go here and look at some of their headers, maybe it's one of them http://www.bhhanson.com/hbprod6.htm
Old 04-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: cat samich

a while back i saw a few pics of a boat on this site that had a dry pipe that wrapped around the front of the motor before it went to the back of the boat. looked more like a dirtbike pipe or maybe something u would see on an hpi baja 5b, any ideas?

Sounds like something like the Mathe - I dont know of anything like it for Zenoahs - not as a boat pipe - maybe a car pipe

Old 04-19-2010, 06:58 PM
cat samich

ORIGINAL: Justaddwata

ORIGINAL: cat samich

Sounds like something like the Mathe - I dont know of anything like it for Zenoahs - not as a boat pipe - maybe a car pipe

thats exactly what i was looking for, i was at work when i posted and didnt have access to my pictures at home. where do i find this pipe and will it work with the rcmk? these pics are the ones i was talking about when i posted
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk27797.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	1421204   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84621.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1421205  
Old 04-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Justaddwata

the motor in the cat you show is a Mathe engine and a genuine Mathe pipe. Matheengines.com are the manufacturer. The motors shown with the pipe are 35cc and the Mathe pipes are large (larger than those found on a QD35). I cannot see them being usable on a RCMK.

However - Mathe do have a smaller 24cc motor. I have only seen a few pipes on them and do not know if a Deep Vee pipe is offered by them for this smaller motor - it might work (with some modification). Could not hurt to send an e-mail to them with your application.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:37 AM
cat samich

the motor in the cat you show is a Mathe engine and a genuine Mathe pipe. Matheengines.com are the manufacturer. The motors shown with the pipe are 35cc and the Mathe pipes are large (larger than those found on a QD35). I cannot see them being usable on a RCMK.

However - Mathe do have a smaller 24cc motor. I have only seen a few pipes on them and do not know if a Deep Vee pipe is offered by them for this smaller motor - it might work (with some modification). Could not hurt to send an e-mail to them with your application.

your the man! thank you so much. btw, what kind of power does that motor in the pics i put up make?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:02 AM
Justaddwata

Mathe dont put any HP claims on their motors but I would guess it would be in the 8+hp range.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:05 AM
cat samich

i looked at there website, looks like nice stuff. problem is i cant really find a retailer, can you buy factory direct? any idea on ball park cost of these motors? are they even worth fooling with?
Old 04-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Justaddwata

Luigi is the US distributor out in California.

Last prices I got from Luigi put the motors competitive with Quickdraw (actually the advantage was with Mathe) though this was more than 2 years ago and prices and exchange rates have likely changed this (better or worse I do not know)

Mathe Motors are very well made - be it a little heavy duty. Some of their newer motors (Red heads) look to be lighter and sleeker. I imagine they are a step up in performance. I have a few of their older motors (big flywheel versions) which have worked flawlessly (not that I have asked much of them). But Mathe engines did hold the Gas speed record back in the 90's. They are not so common in the US. Only motors I have heard of with issues have been modified against the recommendation of Mathe (might be their reason for warning against it).

I have found with Mathe that they have a certain way they like things done with "their" motors. They will recommend a prop for a configuration and they do not like it when their motors are modified.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:52 AM
cat samich

Luigi is the US distributor out in California.

Last prices I got from Luigi put the motors competitive with Quickdraw (actually the advantage was with Mathe) though this was more than 2 years ago and prices and exchange rates have likely changed this (better or worse I do not know)

Mathe Motors are very well made - be it a little heavy duty. Some of their newer motors (Red heads) look to be lighter and sleeker. I imagine they are a step up in performance. I have a few of their older motors (big flywheel versions) which have worked flawlessly (not that I have asked much of them). But Mathe engines did hold the Gas speed record back in the 90's. They are not so common in the US. Only motors I have heard of with issues have been modified against the recommendation of Mathe (might be their reason for warning against it).

I have found with Mathe that they have a certain way they like things done with ''their'' motors. They will recommend a prop for a configuration and they do not like it when their motors are modified.

any thoughts on a qd 35 with one of those pipes?
Old 04-20-2010, 03:59 PM
quickdraw

What are you trying to fit it in?

Todd

Quickdraw
Old 04-20-2010, 06:10 PM
cat samich

ORIGINAL: quickdraw

What are you trying to fit it in?

Todd

Quickdraw

im looking at a 56" or larger apache (expresscraft 70" or aeromarine 56" or an expresscraft arapaho
Old 04-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Justaddwata

You could run a regular 90 pipe in those hulls and keep it concealed.

Those hull choices would work well with a choice of power - RCMK, QD25, Qd35 and so on. You have plenty of options
Old 04-20-2010, 07:12 PM
cat samich

You could run a regular 90 pipe in those hulls and keep it concealed.

Those hull choices would work well with a choice of power - RCMK, QD25, Qd35 and so on. You have plenty of options

for arguments sake, what kind of combo would a qd 35 and the arapaho be?
Old 04-22-2010, 12:26 AM
quickdraw

You could fit one of our Deep V Pipes in it also.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:56 AM
FlogginHarvey

LOVE the QD DeepVee Pipes...this is a 25 RCMK EVO with the 25 DeepVee Pipe...in a Dumas Scarab. Keep in mind they do get a ittle toastie hence the name HOTPIPE but it is part of their design. If you are running a hatch make sure you have PLENTY of ventilation. I saneded, prepped, and de-greased and then painted mine with Hearder paint & wrapped with header wrap...I want to JetHot coat it and then wrap but it was not in the "hobby budget" this year... ;(

They make GREAT power and are SUPER compact. This is a 6" QD silencer

I understand the 25CC DeepVee Pipe and the 35CC DeepVee pipe are a little different in their exhaust outlet diameter?

Cat Samich, shoot me an e-mail...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om32747.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	1422803   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44290.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	1422804