Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

tuning the carb and pipe

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

tuning the carb and pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 02:23 AM
Jackercsweden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tuning the carb and pipe

I've heard he should have had the exhaust system pushed as far as possible on the tube from the Marine folder and then when done you should then fix the high and low rpm needles!

The jacke rc sweden
Old 07-01-2012, 07:38 AM
ratballs26

hi evereone, i was hoping someone can help me here, i have a 56 apache with a 26cc stock zenoah, it has a 644 carb and a 3 inch 90 degree stianless hedder with a speedmaster 2 1/4 inch aluminum band pipe, i have not been able to get the rpm`s up on her, i started to tune the pipe at 13 1/2 inches inward to almost 12 1/2 inches with no luck, the engine is new carb is new plug is new, stinger drive is adjusted up for rpm, and i am running gulf full syntec oil, everything seems to be good, is it maybe pipe tune, i would sure apriciate some good input, thanks
Old 07-01-2012, 06:10 PM
tapkoote

Try a smaller prop
Old 05-04-2014, 06:14 PM
kvnnina

Not sure If you remember me Ron Olsen but this is Kevin. I was the lucky guy to get your Black Beauty 2 boat in indiana. (Aero Marine Gas outrigger) Have been thru alot since then (almost died in a car accident ect ect) anyway I still am going to get that boat up and running with the M&D engine. But to change subjects I got this other project (more like an experiment) that im working on right now. Its a 36" Aeromarine Team Believer with a Bonzi BZx4 (full mod) using a voodoo 6717x3 prop and WTC header with a BH Hanson Shortie pipe. Took it to the lake today and for some reason I can get it to Accelerate in the water dont have a problem on shore or idle in the water but as soon as I hit the gas in water (not shore) it dies.

Last edited by kvnnina; 05-08-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:57 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah, it's been a while! I know about that just about dying stuff, I went through that last fall, bad ticker though.
OK, anyway..........
The prop should be an easy one to spin as props like that or a 2716/2 are great starter props.
Pipe at around 12-3/4" long. Strut way up. Carb, 2 out on the high-speed needle and 1 out on the low. Just about any engine will appear to run fine on shore but can go south once there's a load on the prop.
I've seen some weird stuff though. One guy that I run with had a prop on his Sprint Cat that would usually run great on the boat but one day it didn't We tried a prop swap. It didn't run any better so we put the other one one, tossed it in the water and ran great! Still scratching my head over that one! We didn't change anything else, not even more fuel.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:33 PM
kvnnina

That was the reason wry I went with that prop (easy to spin) I just dont get it tho. Maybe a bad motor i doubt that tho or maybe a bad carb not really sure.

Last edited by kvnnina; 05-08-2014 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:53 PM
mistycreekboats
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oops my mistake wrong thread
Old 06-11-2020, 12:40 AM
Yaro

Hello.Very nice read.help me a lot with my questions.thabk You for sharing