Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

hull differences

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

hull differences

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 01:23 PM
wet a wild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hull differences

hi guys what is the difference between the 47' hull from arrow shark and the 47' hull from promise hobby.
they look to me the same, only a good price difference and paint job
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58644.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	1449601  
Old 06-07-2010, 01:54 PM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: hull differences

Same boat both from same design so the only difference is maybe the build quallity (maybe) ,few guys here run the ones from promise hobby and theyre decent boats by all accounts.Dont the arrowshark ones come with a paintjob ? if so thats where the price diference comes in.
Mart
Old 06-07-2010, 02:32 PM
RhesusMinus

I guess the hull sold separately are the same hull as in their RTR Flying dragon, then there is a difference from the hull from Promise hobby. They look identical but they are not, the build quality from Promise is far superior to Arrowshark, the lines are also different.
The Arrowshark are thin and flexes a lot on the water, go for the Promise hull, they have a very nice lay up. For some extra cash, you could also ask for an extra layer of fibreglass to add even more strenght..
Old 06-07-2010, 03:30 PM
martno1fan

These hulls are identical they both came from the lynx design but the top is changed but as for arrowsharks and promise hobbys hulls even the deck is the same.
Mart
Old 06-07-2010, 04:04 PM
RhesusMinus

I have one of the first Arrowshark hulls, one of the Promise hulls, (had two, but sold one), one of my friends have the newer Flying Dragon, the bottom is more or less the same, but the sides and top are different. I dont know who copied who, but they are seen as a copy of the Deltaforce or Lynx, Microburst etc etc. The first Arrowshark boats were actually of good quality, but the later ones are way to thin.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:56 PM
wet a wild

thanks for the info. so what i understand is that the hull from promise hobby is the better option? the hull from them with shipping to south africa is not a bad deal.
the 45'' v bottom that i am useing right now is a 'blade' nice boat but one bad asss habbit of submarine itself [:@],mostley when connecting a wake wrongly. i hope this hull from promise is a better option with not to many suprises.
Attached Images   
Old 06-08-2010, 01:03 PM
wet a wild

ok lets try again

Name:	Wu62144.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1450173   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy77828.jpg
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	1450174  
Old 06-08-2010, 04:08 PM
martno1fan

ORIGINAL: wet a wild

thanks for the info. so what i understand is that the hull from promise hobby is the better option? the hull from them with shipping to south africa is not a bad deal.
the 45'' v bottom that i am useing right now is a 'blade' nice boat but one bad asss habbit of submarine itself [:@],mostley when connecting a wake wrongly. i hope this hull from promise is a better option with not to many suprises.
The ones your looking at are just the same as the blade,similar design and yes they also have a habit of submarining.If you want a boat for rough water go with an apache .If you want something smaller then go with the razor from ac boats,they handle rough water.
Mart
Old 06-08-2010, 10:41 PM
wet a wild

the problem we have in south africa is the shipping to us. the shipping coast for a well named brand hull is more expensive then the hull itself[X(]
if you calculate the shipping, customs tax and the price of the hull you look at $700+- , and this is for the hull with nothing to it.[&:]
i am bussy building a zenith from rcmk, dont now how they handle.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:12 AM
dicko

The Zenith handle well when set up right. They don't need trim tabs or turn fins. There is some good info over on Jims in the picture thread, you might have to go back a few pages, it's old now.

I've seen that the original 44" Delta Force hull handles a lot better than the 47" copies of this design too. Just food for thought.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:56 AM
martno1fan

Whats the shipping from UK i know someone who manufactures Apache hulls .
Mart
Old 06-09-2010, 04:54 PM
brodjack

the problem we have in south africa is the shipping to us. the shipping coast for a well named brand hull is more expensive then the hull itself[X(]
if you calculate the shipping, customs tax and the price of the hull you look at $700+- , and this is for the hull with nothing to it.[&:]
i am bussy building a zenith from rcmk, dont now how they handle.
I've had both the Promise and the Blade hulls,both run fast AND both can submarine,its mainly dependent on water conditions.Running big ovals on fresh water in a big lake,both run great with no submaring,but in a confined lake,small ovals, with concrete walls where waves tend to backlash on them selves it can be a problem.
I'm also building a Zenith hull too.Better quality glass work than both the above hulls but of course more expensive.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:48 PM
wet a wild

we race a figure M coarse on a not to huge farm dam, if you have only 3-5 boats running the wakes is not to bad for the blade, if you get like 6-9 boats it is chaos[:'(] looks if the wakes is all over the dam' hit it to fast or at a wrong angle down she go[:@]. i found some usefull tips on building my zenith on jims site, mr parker himself and a few guys racing these hulls. i do hope they submarine less or say it this way 'not so often'
Old 06-10-2010, 03:05 AM
martno1fan

Does the Zenith have a delta pad like the others ? if so it might run exactly the same,if not it should run better in chop in my opinion.
Mart
Old 06-10-2010, 10:08 AM
wet a wild

do you talk about the rideing pad under the hull?
Old 06-10-2010, 11:00 AM
martno1fan

do you talk about the rideing pad under the hull?
Yup all the lynx and lynx copies deltas and delta copies have em its a very old design thats been redone over and over.The silex is another version all from the same orriginal design which was the lynx or delta whichever came first.Some are 45,46,47" long but all are copies or variations of the same design.The pad makes them unstable in choppy water.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:10 PM
wet a wild

jip the blade got a 1'' rideing pad which is complete flat. the zenith got a small more rounded pad on it. maybe this boat will set up easier then my blade.
red is the zenith
yellow is the blade

Name:	Mk25993.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	1451985   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45176.jpg
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	1451986