RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Gas Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/)
-   -   custom paintjobs (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/10673720-custom-paintjobs.html)

oversprayer 08-16-2011 05:53 PM

custom paintjobs

1 Attachment(s)
Hey everyone Iam new to this site but wanted to say that Ican paint custom paint jobs on R/C boats and now have also started on aircraft as well. Here is some of my work. you can email me orreach me through here. My email is [email protected] and my website is oversprayer.com I have always loved R/C's and nowI am painting themevery day. Ipaint boats for the manufacturersExpresscraft and CentralR/CHobbies.hope you enjoy

oversprayer 08-16-2011 06:04 PM

RE: custom paintjobs

1 Attachment(s)
here are some otherw...

oversprayer 08-16-2011 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
heres more...

Dockman 08-17-2011 10:02 AM

Some nice stuff there.

Jon DesJardins 08-17-2011 11:18 AM

Very nice!

SUPER-V 08-18-2011 10:43 AM

Where is Rockledge im in Miami , I have a couple boats i'd like to get painted.

oversprayer 08-18-2011 02:29 PM

Rockledge is just west of the Cocoa Beach and Port Canaveral where the shuttle is launched. Its about 3 1/2 hours north of you. send me some pics. of your boats and what you would like to have for a paintjob ( colors, graphics).

oversprayer 08-20-2011 07:26 PM

For some reason my pm isnt working so heres my email its [email protected] talk to you soon...

Ron Olson 08-21-2011 04:51 AM

Apparently there is still a glitch in the system in here that's been going on for over 4 years now or it may be because it's missing the www.
Check............. [email protected] .

rat now 08-21-2011 07:01 AM

What do your paint jobs average say for a boat like a Shockwave 55? I know it dependends on the complexity of the job. Just want a ball park number. I used to do custom paint on motorcycles but I no longer have a place or equipment to do it. I have a Blackjack and a Shockwave I want to do something on.
thanks

BUDMAN27 08-25-2011 06:12 AM

If you have to ask ,You can,t aford it. :D

rcguy1411 08-25-2011 07:58 AM

if ya dont ask your stupid!:D:D

LouDog 08-25-2011 10:44 AM

Very impressive.

oversprayer 08-25-2011 01:21 PM

Thanks for the comments everyone, I can not talk prices on here "YET" as I have not got myself set up as a vendor on this site. Im working on that... for now if you just send me a pm or email that will be fine , and then I can discuss what you are looking for. [email protected]Thanks again... Doug....

rat now 08-25-2011 02:06 PM

ORIGINAL: rcguy1411

if ya dont ask your stupid!:D:D

++1:D

rat now 08-25-2011 02:10 PM

I'll say this...his prices are very fair for the quality of work he does. Ive seen and been in the custom paint industry for a long time and you would really be surprised at what some people call "custom" and what they charge.

Rat

oversprayer 08-25-2011 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some other examples of my work thanks, I hope you all enjoy...

rcguy1411 08-26-2011 06:43 AM

wasn t tring to start anything i picked up a hull last summer from a paint shop where the customer said i want this put pictureon the dest and said do it and left well i have the hull and i only had to pay for the custom paint the owner of the hull wasnt expecting a $400- $500 paint job and refused to pay so i got it for cost of paint and a case of beer so i say ALWAYS ask first i had a buddy who wanted me to rebuild an engine for him if i did this parts were $95 plus shipping plus what i would charge a new engine was only $120 so it only makes sence to ask first he got the new engine lol

rat now 08-26-2011 01:39 PM

Good logic!:)

oversprayer 08-29-2011 07:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another one...

misshydro 08-29-2011 08:58 PM

ORIGINAL: rat now

What do your paint jobs average say for a boat like a Shockwave 55? I know it dependends on the complexity of the job. Just want a ball park number. I used to do custom paint on motorcycles but I no longer have a place or equipment to do it. I have a Blackjack and a Shockwave I want to do something on.
thanks
the proublem with custom paint job is..you better not race it,or other wise if you do ,it can get damaged for other boats..i can custom paint ,but i do my boats simple so i can easly re touch it up..joe been paint olsons boats ive been paint other boats and we re cheaper in price ..we can do it less then 250.00..it all depends on colors too..beside graphics

oversprayer 08-30-2011 12:39 PM

So how do you know if your cheaper? I havent posted any prices on here. I would like to seewhat designs and paintjobs you offer as I am new to custom painting RCboats.There is definetly a big market of boaters that only run there boat forfunand do not choose to race.Ifyou notice that the last boat Ipainted was for ahobbyshop, that was there first Mystic and wanted a show piece. theygot it.I do not agree that you shouldnt race a boat because its got a nice paintjob. Thats like saying im not going to run my motor hard because it will wear out quicker. Battle scars show character. look at a bunch of the real race boats they have some ridiculously exspensive paintjobs on them and there running it like they stole it.

F1roddo 08-30-2011 02:34 PM

Hi Oversprayer, your work looks awesome, I wish I had just abit of your obvious talent!

That mystic cat of central hobbies is a work of art, beauuuutiful!!!! Keep those pictures coming for sure.

Cheers
Chris

oversprayer 08-30-2011 05:32 PM

thanks for the nice comments,It makes it worth sweating all day in a metal can here in Florida.

wannagofast115 08-30-2011 06:55 PM

Man Doug you do some great paint work i just picked up a new GTX from a friend if I wish you were a little closer so i didnt have to pay shipping back and forth lol