RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Gas Boats (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/)
-   -   Receiver/servo/enigine issu (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/11064264-receiver-servo-enigine-issu.html)

bmur63 05-01-2012 11:25 AM

Receiver/servo/enigine issu

I have my hitec servos conncected to the Airtronics MX sport receiver and a nimh batter supplying the setup.I turned on radio, then receiver and tested the servo movements. Everything is in working order.When I turn my 30cc Homelite engine on with tuner pipe, the servo moves to full throttle and cannot be controlled by the radio.I have everything mounted in a radio box, except the receiver. The 8 inch antenna cord is placed in a antenna tube and is away from the engine. What is the problem?</p>

TheFridge189 05-01-2012 02:33 PM

RE: Receiver/servo/enigine issu

Could be vibration. Try wrapping all of your electronics in foam, or something like a paper towel.

tapkoote 05-01-2012 03:07 PM

try stepping back 5 ft or so
some radios don't like the tx and rx too close
try a metal sheild between the motor and airel, there might be interference from the Homelite

glennb2006 05-01-2012 03:45 PM

Most likely is RF interference caused from the High Tension side of the engine ignition, use a supressed spark plug cap, ensure all the engine ground return paths are clean and good.

Glenn

bmur63 05-02-2012 07:26 AM

Thank you. I will try all of this this weekend. Thank you

Fernando 11-18-2012 01:27 PM

Hello everyone. I recently bought an airtronics mx sport radio and was planning to install it into an electric boat. I used a brushless motor and an electrifly 25 a esc but definitly couldn't set up the system. I followed all the instructions but it doesn't work. The position where should be the zero position doesnt work and had to pull back the trigger, to the end rigth side of the trigger where it supposse to be the reverse position and pull it back to full to arm the esc. And when try to acelerate the motor suddenly goes to full speed. Any suggestion? I was thinking if having choose that esc was a correct idea or was a mistake... Anyway, anyone have any good idea or have a suggestion?
Thank you

martno1fan 11-18-2012 01:43 PM

Are you using the correct type of plug ? ie resistor plug.

Fernando 11-18-2012 03:34 PM

Yes. It only has one possibility to connect it

Ron Olson 11-18-2012 09:11 PM

No, he's asking if the spark plug is a resistor type. Somewhere in the plug's ID number there should be an "R" that denotes it as a resistor plug. If there isn't that's probably the number one cause of the gremlins in your radio system. There are also other things like metal-to-metal rubbing in the driveline or exhaust, a bad ground wire or connection to the engine that are usually secondary places to look.

Fernando, it sounds like you just have a bad servo. It could have gotten wet and ruined it or a cicuit board that couldn't take the vibration. I've seen Futaba 3003 servo's do that more times than I'd liked to have doing that exact same thing.