RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Gas Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/)
-   -   Jrcbd? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/11594611-jrcbd.html)

Ron Olson 04-22-2014 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by Redstar1275 (Post 11787750)
Randy you MAKE drama with quotes like this gem you left on my first post in RCU "i see why no one helps you -- you also might want to look at where i live before posting bs about me selling you anything" Then told me "you would make sure that no one on this site would ever help me" and that sure happened. Another newb like me made thread about motors and clutch, so I shared my little bit knowledge. And Ron Olsen pisses all over my comment because I was wrong. Sorry Ron O. I'm new too. So when people wanna talk about drama..................

I pissed ll over your posting? Where? Unless it's been deleted by Matt I see nothing in you posting history where I pissed on or disrespected you in any way in your 27 postings. If I did, please enlighten me as to which posting it was. If you're typing about the clutch in an Aeromarine Cat I mentioned that there really isn't any room inside those hulls for a clutch setup. If people insist upon trying it, I can't stop them as they're going to try anyway.

Justaddwata 04-22-2014 07:59 PM

Steve - was not wanting to hear your case or dredge up the past. But since you bring it up. I was one of several who purchased a (nice) prop balancer from you (April 27 2005) via the dock (if you remember that fiasco) - that was less than 9 years ago so not sure about your glued agreement from 10 or 11 years ago. It took several months (and plenty of follow up - my side) before my package was "found behind your wife's/partners seat" as I recall. I don't hold a grudge (you would not be here if I did) but have a tough time hearing your "case" and innocence when by your own post (and my own experience) are contradictory.

Steve - this is a different forum - so bringing your past history and sour grapes toward the dock (as evidenced in your posts earlier) serves little purpose than to instigate those who are awaiting its return. If you were permanently banned from the dock - I don't know of any need for you to post in this thread at all?

Originally Posted by Steve Seebold 100 (Post 11788058)
I'm not trying to instigate conflict. If you'd like me to plead my case, OK, here goes.

I did something really dumb about 10 or 11 years ago and I got my butt booted. I sold a man some parts, took his money and only delivered about half his parts. It took a while, but I eventually refunded his money. The transaction was handled by Dom. I sent a money order to Dom and he paid the gentleman I owed the money to. Then as a peace offering, I sent 10 of my outdrives to this fellow. That was an additional $850.00. When Jim let me back on it was with the agreement that I would not try so sell any more parts, and I stuck to that agreement like glue.

Jim let me back on and after a while I started posting pictures of my own boats and hardware I made in my garage, and I even put a caption in the photos that said, THESE PARTS ARE NOT FOR SALE" and within minutes after I put the pictures up the post was deleted.

I started asking the admins who was deleting my pictures and Dom stepped up and said he was, but he wouldn't give me a reason.

Oh yeah, there was one time some money changed hands. I had a couple of radios I wasn't using any more, so I put up an ad "FREE, JUST REIMBURSE ME FOR THE SHIPPING AFTER YOU RECEIVE THE RADIO". Mike Gilman jumped on me for that, but after a short explanation, no more was said about it.

Then for some reason, Dom blocked me for 2 weeks. He wouldn't tell me why, but at the end of the 2 weeks, he made the ban permanent. I contacted Jim, and he told me he would support what ever Dom did. THAT IS THE REASON I CALL IT "JIM AND DOM'S RC BOAT CLIQUE".

Justaddwata 04-22-2014 08:14 PM

Nothing deleted here Ron - Can only guess it is another case of Redstart bringing a problem from another forum to this one.

Originally Posted by Ron Olson (Post 11788114)
I pissed ll over your posting? Where? Unless it's been deleted by Matt I see nothing in you posting history where I pissed on or disrespected you in any way in your 27 postings. If I did, please enlighten me as to which posting it was. If you're typing about the clutch in an Aeromarine Cat I mentioned that there really isn't any room inside those hulls for a clutch setup. If people insist upon trying it, I can't stop them as they're going to try anyway.

Redstar1275 04-23-2014 04:45 AM

Juataddwawawa you know what's going on, do your job.

Hydro Rob 04-23-2014 05:57 AM

oh boy, WELL....... the trailer is loaded all the boats are ready, Headed to the West Texas Shootout to do some RACING! WOOT WOOT wwww.riogranderacers.com

stevo7896 04-23-2014 07:40 AM

Redstar ,telling the Mod to " do their job" is counter productive .I'm assuming like most forums they do this for us in their free time for FREE and try to keep the peace . This thread is lucky to be still going since we are kinda crossing the line about referring to another forum . I don't want to go to facebook to see what jrcbd is doing .That site is a pain to follow.

Ron Olson 04-23-2014 09:46 AM

Redstar, totally not cool! That'll get you placed on Moderated Status or worse. You've made accusations against me that you or your postings can't back up. Anyone in here can do exactly whatI did, go through every posting that you've made and view the complete threads.
Matt, if you need some help in here again, let the boys upstairs know that I'm available being retired now.

Rob, get out of Dodge and have some fun this weekend! Say Hey to Timmy, Duane and Jay for me! Tim will probably posting pix of the race on Facebook.
Steve, I'll let everyone in here know when they're up and running again. Alberto's got a lot going on right now especially with going through a divorce on top of all of this. If you've ever been through one of those (I have) it takes an emotional toll on you.

Lastly, Steve. I've met Dom a few times, he's a good guy in person but I can also agree with you on one thing, it was cowardly of Jim passing his job off on Dom and not giving you an explanation of why you were banned. When I was Modding here, I would reply to a member as to why he was placed on Moderated Status or being banned. Site Mod's here don't have to power to MS or ban a member, it has to be done by someone at a higher level after they've reviewed the situation, I've also met Mike Tyson but he doesn't really seem to do much there. I know as much as you do about what goes on over there with cronyism or the "clique". I just bypass that and go about my business there.

danielplace 04-23-2014 11:55 AM

They all do a damn good job moderating on Jim's. There are several little clique things going on JRCBD but Jim, Dom, Mike Tyson and Mike in Australia(I forgot his last name) never say anything or let any of it affect how they take care of business on the site. It is very fair. If you are banned it is for stuff that gets so obvious they will never straighten up that is the only option left to insure it won't just happen again and again.

No offense to any of the other great forums like here at RC Universe, International Waters, and Model Gas Boats but Jim's RC Boat Dock for whatever reason and I don't completely understand why just attracts all the postings in all categories so much more than the others combined.

It is like constant entertainment. Lol.

Kinda weird that everyone doesn't just do the same but here or one of the others. While I have of course been seeing all us regulars on these sites more lately it is still way too quiet.

I mean really look at us typing on this crazy thread we are bored to friggin' death. Lol.

blizard05 04-23-2014 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Seebold 100 (Post 11788058)
I'm not trying to instigate conflict. If you'd like me to plead my case, OK, here goes.

I did something really dumb about 10 or 11 years ago and I got my butt booted. I sold a man some parts, took his money and only delivered about half his parts. It took a while, but I eventually refunded his money. The transaction was handled by Dom. I sent a money order to Dom and he paid the gentleman I owed the money to. Then as a peace offering, I sent 10 of my outdrives to this fellow. That was an additional $850.00. When Jim let me back on it was with the agreement that I would not try so sell any more parts, and I stuck to that agreement like glue.

Jim let me back on and after a while I started posting pictures of my own boats and hardware I made in my garage, and I even put a caption in the photos that said, THESE PARTS ARE NOT FOR SALE" and within minutes after I put the pictures up the post was deleted.

I started asking the admins who was deleting my pictures and Dom stepped up and said he was, but he wouldn't give me a reason.

Oh yeah, there was one time some money changed hands. I had a couple of radios I wasn't using any more, so I put up an ad "FREE, JUST REIMBURSE ME FOR THE SHIPPING AFTER YOU RECEIVE THE RADIO". Mike Gilman jumped on me for that, but after a short explanation, no more was said about it.

Then for some reason, Dom blocked me for 2 weeks. He wouldn't tell me why, but at the end of the 2 weeks, he made the ban permanent. I contacted Jim, and he told me he would support what ever Dom did. THAT IS THE REASON I CALL IT "JIM AND DOM'S RC BOAT CLIQUE".

I was involved in that radio deal,didn't go to well for me. Took some time to settle it.

Hydro Rob 04-23-2014 08:36 PM

Will do Ron! Made it to El Paso as of now, enjoying my relaxation time after a 13 hour drive! Ready to set up pit and test a few laps and win me a marathon tomorrow, no more second place!

Justaddwata 04-23-2014 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Redstar1275 (Post 11788866)
Juataddwawawa you know what's going on, do your job.

I have a very good idea of whats going on - just no idea what your going on about (and it seems I am not alone there).

If you have a problem with a member/post/transaction etc - reporting it to a moderator works a whole lot better than slinging mud at a moderator.

mickieb49 04-24-2014 12:32 PM

woah up there boys....... Please all take a chill pill , this is a forum about toys isn't it?

Is Jims still having issues? I am having a hard time trying to get on?
Cheers mick

martno1fan 04-24-2014 01:07 PM

I cant say ive missed the dock,i kind of agree about it been cliquey,i for one was the target of some personal attacks on there ,i was left to fight my own corner.I even had threats from one member stateside again nothing was ever done that i know of nor did any mod ever reply to my messages.All water off a ducks back to me but i have to say Matt does a great job on here and doesnt stand for any of the crap that goes on over at Jims thats for sure.

Riggerman 04-24-2014 11:42 PM

Hey, If Jim's site is completely wiped out and they might have to start all over.... How are guys gonna boost their post counts yelling at noobs to use the search button LMAO. When it comes back up I'm going to be the first to ask what oil to use, how many ounces per gallon. Oh yeah, and what about that camp fuel and tiger king engines?!! Could be fun to open up some of those well known "closed" threads as well. Need to remind the wife to stock up on popcorn :cool:

Hydro51 04-25-2014 07:40 AM

http://www.colipera.com/wp-content/u...by_Criftus.jpg

hendocap 04-27-2014 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Riggerman (Post 11790283)
Hey, If Jim's site is completely wiped out and they might have to start all over.... How are guys gonna boost their post counts yelling at noobs to use the search button LMAO. When it comes back up I'm going to be the first to ask what oil to use, how many ounces per gallon. Oh yeah, and what about that camp fuel and tiger king engines?!! Could be fun to open up some of those well known "closed" threads as well. Need to remind the wife to stock up on popcorn :cool:

Start off with Pipe length , then ask what's better square drive or round . The Good ole Flysky Radio should get things going > Lol

Canadian LoCo 04-28-2014 07:40 AM

I know what the problem is with some people around this world of ours IT'S THIS

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e7...psec7fcefd.jpg

martno1fan 04-29-2014 02:44 AM

Are we still beating this dead horse ?,its gone get over it and lets move on.
Mart

Tidnab 04-29-2014 03:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If it is truly gone.Rest in Peace. At least I have a pic of the boat that was on the main page of JRCBD when I joined.

Tidnab 04-29-2014 03:23 AM

A few sites have dissapeared over the years for one reason or another, but the one I really miss is Oxford County Crackerboxes. It was an MSN groups site and then MSN discontinued their groups and OCC went to Mulitply, which also ceased to exhist and so with it went OCC. With the loss of OCC went all the good building pics and info for scratch crackerbox building and many pics that if I had known it was dissapearing without notice ,I would have saved to my computer.Today you can get kits from Zippkits, fiberglass hulls and cracker plans are still available for those that want to scratch build.If JRCBD is not fixable ,maybe starting over and getting away from VBullitin would be best.All the old info and posts counts would be gone ,but everyone would start out the same and newbies could ask questions without being flamed on for not using the search function, which at times was worthless.

rac01 04-29-2014 06:11 AM

For one I truely hope it comes back. Either with or without history. It did lean toward the dark side at times, but it was always informitive. New products, mods and people. With the Dock it was almost like having a membership into everyones disctrict. The dock was a wealth of knowledge. I for one joined the boating world late in the grand sceem of things. Without the dock to fill the void of knowledge over experiance, it would have been a MUCH steeper learning curve without the Dock and its' members. Here in the Northeast, the dock was always a way to fuel the flame during our never ending winters. I have joined and read several other fourums. Although they serve their purpose, they are not geared the same way as the dock. Its like compairing Motor Trend magazine to Hot Rod. On the surface they are both informative and usefull, but once you get into the meat of it they are drasticly differant. So, here's hoping we get our Dock back.

Rick

hendocap 04-29-2014 02:07 PM

Its not gone, it's just gonna take some time to get it going again . Unless someone want to Pay an IT guy to fix it faster we have to wait for Alberto to fix it when he has time. If you don't have Faith in the the Dock coming back , that's cool but don't be spreading rumors you know nothing about.

qdemon 04-30-2014 10:44 AM

here her well said Tim.
Bob.

martno1fan 04-30-2014 01:07 PM

I heard a rumour the dock was coming back,some weeks ago :rolleyes:,even IF it does come back i seem to remember them saying it will be starting from scratch again as everything may be lost.Is that a rumour Tim ?.

hendocap 04-30-2014 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by martno1fan (Post 11794558)
I heard a rumour the dock was coming back,some weeks ago :rolleyes:,even IF it does come back i seem to remember them saying it will be starting from scratch again as everything may be lost.Is that a rumour Tim ?.

I'm not saying what I know , but why be negative about it. If your calling it "beating a Dead horse" there are plenty of other threads to entertain you if this one is not to your liking.