RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Speed - RC Gas Boats (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/)
-   -   New GAS Boats from Venom!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/speed-rc-gas-boats-236/7323256-new-gas-boats-venom.html)

Watsy 10-14-2008 04:54 AM

RE: New GAS Boats from Venom!!

320TECH, I had the same trouble with my zenoha when i first got it not for the KOS but for my deep V. It would fire up then it would just die. I had to get my mate to hold the throttle flat out while i started it and sure enough away it went. Mayb when you get your new starter you should try that. Just a suggestion. Now that the zenoha is broken in it starts 2nd to 3rd pull every time. Hope this helps. Good luck.

martno1fan 10-14-2008 05:27 AM

When trying to start a gas motor allways choke and pull the cord very slowly to draw the fuel in the carb then do one small short pull til you hear it pop or fire then remove choke or thumb and open throttle to 1/4 and one sharp short pull emphasis on short to avoid breaking starter cords and she should fire up.Ive use this method for my zenoahs and have never had a problem,it does sound to me like your not getting enough fuel into the motor to start it rather than too much hence the reason when she does fire up she dies.I also find 2 open on high and low will start most motors then tune from there ;).Also check your carb gasket is on the correct way as if its not it wont fire ,make sure the holes in the gasket line up with the ones on the carb.
Mart

Watsy 10-14-2008 06:28 AM

I agree with you martno1fan with using the choke and givin it a pull until you hear the first combustion sound. Once it is heard then turn off the choke then 2 to 3 pulls it really should fire, but sometimes following the normal rules in starting a gas engine just does not seem to work. But i do agree that it sounds like the engine is not getting enough fuel.

stuch 10-14-2008 01:02 PM

if its a walbro carb you may have a blocked screen inside the carb..

Watsy 10-15-2008 02:45 AM

hey guys, I just bought a garmin GPS for my boats. I wanna see how much i can get out of the stock engine from the KOS. I do have plans to get a KWA for this boat but in the mean time i just wanna see how much I can push it.

omra 10-15-2008 12:56 PM

Hi Venomous.Just thought I would post this.I picked up the King Of Shaves today from my local model shop (here in the U.K) which i had ordered,and have to say what a awsome looking boat,very well made and constructed,top marks!:D:)It arrived without a single mark to it and was very well packaged.Hope to run it this weekend if I am not racing:eek:
Regards
OMRA

sandydr 10-15-2008 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Watsy

hey guys, I just bought a garmin GPS for my boats. I wanna see how much i can get out of the stock engine from the KOS. I do have plans to get a KWA for this boat but in the mean time i just wanna see how much I can push it.

Watsy, I got my GPS last week and you'll find it is very entertaining trying different props. My friend measured a speed increased of just over 9mph just by changing the prop. In some cases, I am guessing some will spend quite a few more $$$ on modifying the motor to get the equivalent speed increase.
We had tried different props before, but in all honesty, it all looked quite fast...and we really never understood the impact of using the correct prop.
Have fun
Sandy

Watsy 10-18-2008 07:27 PM

Thanks Sandy, 9mph is a alot for just changing the prop. Was it a 3 blade or a 2 blade? and how big was the prop? Well anyways it is pretty good weather here so I gonna take my boats out down at the local lake. So have fun guys.

sandydr 10-18-2008 07:38 PM

Watsy, on my friends V, he started with a 7016/2 and then tried a 7015/3. The difference was huge. However I have the opposite effect on my cat.

Tow Cobra 10-18-2008 09:57 PM

I saw a few posts above about the KWA engine and some starting troubles. When I first got mine, it fired up instantly so it seemed like everything was fine. The second time I took it out, I just couldn't get it started.

Anyway, I took the advice from a couple of you guys in recent posts and finally I've figured out how to get it started.

Firstly, I had someone hold the throttle open with the transmitter (about 1/2 open) which was higher than I could trim it alone so I think two people can be very helpful in this task.

Second, I tried to open the low speed 2 turns open as someone suggested but it just wouldn't start at this setting so I backed down to about 1 turn open and then she sounded like she was going to fire up but it took quite a few more pulls from there.

Third, I used gummout carb cleaner spray (I have yet to find a gas engine that this stuff couldn't get fired up). Well, after a few sprays of this stuff into the carb opening at wide open throttle, I finally got her to fire a little and then she just stayed on.

I hope after the KWA is broken in which I will do with an aquarium water pump on dry land (outside temp is in the 40s-50s here now so I don't if I'm putting her back in the water this season), anyway, I hope she fires up easily after I get her broken in and tuned but time will tell.

Hope this info is helpful.

MistralK 10-19-2008 04:26 AM

With low air temperature it's normally that you have to set the carb different..it needs less air..so you have to close low & High..how many turns it dipends from the T°..

Chris Nicastro 10-20-2008 10:37 AM

ORIGINAL: omra

Hi Venomous.Just thought I would post this.I picked up the King Of Shaves today from my local model shop (here in the U.K) which i had ordered,and have to say what a awsome looking boat,very well made and constructed,top marks!:D:)It arrived without a single mark to it and was very well packaged.Hope to run it this weekend if I am not racing:eek:
Regards
OMRA
Hi OMRA,

Thats great enjoy! Keep us posted and if you have any questions just ask here.

Cheers,

Chris

stereorob 10-20-2008 10:18 PM

venomous please help. I have had venom segad for about 4 months now with the stock motor, break in was great. Have been running great then slowly started haveing problems with mid rpm. Will start fine and will run wide open clean but now will not run inbetween. tried all different scenarios on tuning and keep going back to stock tuning and trying to adjust from there. no junk in carb either. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks, rob

rudyb 11-01-2008 12:39 PM

Any videos of these cats?

rudyb 11-01-2008 12:51 PM

Any videos of thes boats or someone tell us how they run.

C1Driver 11-01-2008 02:31 PM

Rudyb... check out YouTube search for KOS. Mine runs great now that I have the Pro Boat wet pipe installed.

Chris Nicastro 11-04-2008 12:40 PM

ORIGINAL: stereorob

venomous please help. I have had venom segad for about 4 months now with the stock motor, break in was great. Have been running great then slowly started haveing problems with mid rpm. Will start fine and will run wide open clean but now will not run inbetween. tried all different scenarios on tuning and keep going back to stock tuning and trying to adjust from there. no junk in carb either. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks, rob
Hey sorry on the late reply.
Start over, check all drive components, check your fuel mixture, check the lines for blockage. It can be a simple fix with a different pipe tune or prop change now that your engine is broken in.
Is the boat still all stock?

Chris

rcgreenhornet 11-04-2008 04:49 PM

I think the first one is the best I have a enforcer with the M/5 engine and kicksass well whats size

djlinks 11-10-2008 10:35 PM

Are these boats still available? I cant find them anywhere. Even the local shops Venom has listed on their website are out of stock. I found one shop locally that had one but they would not sell it to me because it had something wrong with it.

Catmandoo1 11-11-2008 12:26 AM

Venom has more arriving this month along with some 3 blade performance props that the the CS department told me about. I thought they had a great price on a scratch and dent model of the Segad. Based on what I was told it was in good shape. You could call and ask to have them send you pictures. Their site says call for price.

djlinks 11-11-2008 01:37 PM

Catmandoo1,
What was the price they gave you on the Segad? What was the damage to the boat?

VENOMOUS,
Let me start out by saying sorry for all the questions, I just want to make an informed decision before ordering.
Do you know if this batch of KOS have the exhaust issue resolved? What about the build quality, are the hull and conopy beefed up in any way? Are there still boats being shipped that have mirrors missing, scratches on the finish, cracks in the gel coat, internal cross braces loose, broken/cracked canopy, decals in the wrong place or lifting on the edges? What is the warranty policy for the hull, electronics, and engine? Is there an issue with the pull start on the KWA, or was that an isolated incident? Are you going to offer a performance pipe for the KWA? Will I have to pay for return shipping if there is a problem with the boat when I take it out of the box? If the issues have been corrected I am planning on ordering the KOS with the KWA and the 3 blade performance prop. Will you guys install the KWA with the prop before shipping to me? If so, whats the total price with shipping to 33440?

Thanks

Chris Nicastro 11-11-2008 04:36 PM

@djlinks

Let me see if I can cover all your questions.

In general regarding all the issues you pointed out we have solved them, they are isolated incidnets and of course we dont want to sell poor quality, damaged or incomplete products and our Warranty Policy and Customer Service will cover the rest. There absolutely no perfect boats out there from anyone and when dealing in boats of this size its very difficult to insure you recieve "perfect" boat. The most perfect boat would be one that you made yourself or paid an obscene amount of money for. I just want to put it out there that both the manufacturer and the customer have to come to a mutual ground on the level of expectation for the price of the product and quality and take into consideration the variables that are just out of both of our hands, namely shipping. We can make a beautiful boat but its all for not if its dropped in shipping or handled poorly. We have worked on all of the problems you sighted and again if you have a problem when your boat arrives just contact us right away and we can solve the problem.

The next shipment arrives in a week or so I'm told and those of you with orders waiting will probably get your boats in the next 2 weeks I would guess.
The KWA pull start was just an incident, there is no problem with standard pull start. Dont over pull the cord and use short fast pulls to start the engine.
If you want us to install the KWA you want we can do it. We charge a shop rate and you buy the KWA engine and keep your original as well.
Our standard warranty applies to all products which is 30 days from the date of purchase against factory defective materials or workmanship and we require proof of purchase. If the item is used we can repair it for you and sort out what qualifies for warranty claim. I personally dont handle this aspect so I would rather you just contact our Customer Service Dept. with any questions or issues.

I think if you really like the KOS and your on the fence I think the choice is simple. We have great product support and we have a very cool and fun product. Yes we have had a few issues bringing this line to production but so does every mass produced boat at some level. The larger they get the more difficult it is to deliver from our end. There are some much smaller beautiful electric and nitro boats out there for sure but they are much easier to produce and maintain a hight quality level.

I hope I covered it well enough for you, let me know if I can help.

Chris

bahamadude 11-17-2008 10:16 AM

How can one know the difference up front from the version 1 batch or first supply versus the second shipment with the corected issues ?

I like your boat but I refer one with the correct issues

Chris Nicastro 11-17-2008 12:03 PM

If your looking at two in front of you first look at the depth of the hatch ledge in the hull. The deeper one of the two will be the newer mold and part of the later production series. Then look at the engine rails and general fit and finish for the better of the two but the hatch should give it away.

Chris

martno1fan 11-17-2008 12:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a question for you regarding the new motor on your website it claims to be a venom 26cc KWA but looks suspiciously like a Sikk motor can you clear this up is it made by venom or is it a Sick? thanks.
Mart