Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Traxxas waterproof gear in Miss Vegas

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Traxxas waterproof gear in Miss Vegas

Old 09-22-2010, 03:54 PM
ka350kaptain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas waterproof gear in Miss Vegas

Just thought i would share a pic of a new radio gear setup i went with in my mod Miss Vegas. Basically used the Traxxas waterproof servos and a waterproof reciever box from a Rustler. I sealed up the flat 5 cell batt pack and mounted it forward and left of the fuel tank. She has been submerged several times, with no problems. I mounted all the gear on a piece of 1/8" ply, which is then bolted onto the original radio box blocks installed in the hull.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:19 PM
andybenton

Default RE: Traxxas waterproof gear in Miss Vegas

looks good, and i can vouch for that traxxas gear. used all of it exstensivly in my crawler, and no issues, i also have a 17in electric mono V, its all balsa, with the traxxas water proof brushless gear. works great, but runs a little hot still.... still working on props for it
Old 09-22-2010, 09:16 PM
wave waker

same thing i did in my race tunnel boats..[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 09-22-2010, 09:21 PM
res3567

I use the Traxxas servos in ny Aquacraft airboat....and I have a Traxxas Blast....so I am familiar with the reciever box......what size is your fuel tank?
Old 09-23-2010, 07:10 AM
ka350kaptain

Fule tank is an 8 oz Sullivan slant.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:59 AM
amax

Your header and pipe are mighty long, you will get a lot more RPM's from the engine if you shorten them up, from the pic that Looks like a MACS pipe you should start by cutting it down to 8.5"in measuring from the Stinger(Outlet) Forward. Then run the boat and see how it sounds and performs, if it still needs more RPM's you can cut about 1\8" off the header at a time and Test It until you get where you want to be. I see a lot of Bare Flex Shaft hanging out between the Flex coupler and Stuffing Tube,, That will present a real problem when you put a load on it, without the support of the stuffing tube the flex shaft Will Twist and Knot Up, you only want about 1\4" gap between the Flex coupler and stuffing tube if you put an Octura Flex Coupler on it you would be a lot closer to where it needs to be there a bit longer than what you have on it.