Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

St. Louis area boaters

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

St. Louis area boaters

Old 11-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Johnwhite84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St. Louis area boaters

Anybody in the st. Louis area with the same enthusiasm for boating as I have send me a PM or post some meeting areas/times. Im getting tired of being the only one in my area who loves going fast or just running my RC in general.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:48 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: St. Louis area boaters

There should be 2 clubs in your area, one a scale model club (ships, etc.) and nitro/gas club that's one of the oldest in the US.
http://impba.net/index.php?option=co...d=53&Itemid=86 . Contact Ken Hildreth, he'll help you out. Tell him I said Hey. If you have any problems, let me know as I know a few others in the club. A friend of mine moved to Chesterfield and I put him in contact with Ken but he just moved back up here.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:41 AM
Johnwhite84

I had previously tried contacting him with no luck but I will drop your name and hope for better luck.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:50 AM
FlogginHarvey

YO! There are some guys running in STL area at Frank Holten St Park just over the river in IL...it is near a golf course off the 44. GREAT place to run.

I live at the Lake of the Ozarks and a group of guy came up two weekends ago...FUN. The Club is called the St Louis Thunderboaters and Mike Shuttleworth Sr and Jr are both very invloved from Redline Motors. There are guys that run Gas & Nitro and everybody is just awesome!!!

Pop me a pm or an email or hop onto Redlines site and shoot them a note...I hear the guys are wanting to run on Sunday.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:07 PM
Johnwhite84

Awsome. Im actually in illinois. The Golf Course your talking about is Grand Marais. About 20 min away from me. Unfortunatly I wont have my boat back together by sunday. I hit somthing with my turn fin and tore a whole in her. After that I gave her a complete overhaul. I'll attatch a pic.

Looks like I found what I was looking for. I cant wait till I get her all back together so I can go run with some other people. Looking forword to meeting the gang.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:07 PM
FlogginHarvey

Cool boat man! I think you will enjoy the group in STL area...GREAT guys. Actually, I think one of them (Kenny maybe?) has won a couple of National Nitro races in Classic Hydro!!! He is a peach of a guy and REALLY knows his stuff!!!

Shoot me an email if you would like and I will forward the Club Email I recieve from them...that'll get you hooked up with the group.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Johnwhite84

Ok so this is probably the wrong thread but I'm aiming this twords st. Louis boaters. I am trying to find some high nitro fuel without ordering a case. Does anybody brew their own and willing to share or possibly split a case? I'm looking for somthing 50% to 65% if I must go lower I will experiment with 40. Shoot me a pm!

I went out to frank Scott park Sunday and stayed with my boy for a few hours but never saw anybody. Might have been to windy. Looking forword to this comming weekend. Gonna bring the boy out again. Hopefully some people show up. (my boat is almost finished. I can't wait!)
Old 12-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Johnwhite84

Frank Holten state park *
Old 12-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Try to contact somebody in the club. It's not unusual for clubs to make big orders on high-ticket, high-use items like fuel and glow plugs where a mass order can get you a good price break.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:10 PM
FlogginHarvey

Here is alink I found for the clubs in the area:

http://impba14.com/clubs/clubs.htm

http://www.impba.net/index.php?optio...lubs&Itemid=86

You might get ahold of Mike Shuttleworth JR or Sr from Redline Motors...they ususally help get things together...

I fired that email from the club to you they sent my way about a week back. Did you get it?
Old 12-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Johnwhite84

Yes I did get it and thank you. I'm going to try and contact redline tomorrow and see what they say. I talked to the president of st. Louis thunderboaters and he said most the guys run gas. Only a few people run nitro anymore. Depending on what redline says I may just have to save and mix my own fuel

I have a few friends who can guide me through the process. I have 2 local race tracks and I
Sure 1 of them has nitromethane and methanol I can buy. I just have to save up. Being out of work is killing my hobby. :/
Old 12-05-2010, 05:14 PM
FlogginHarvey

shoot me another email. I have a couple of bottles of McDonnell 50% or 60% Nitro fuel I bought for that CalCraft that is boxed up in the basement...I can order more later...I also have a couple quarts of the good Super Techniplate oil and Benol Oil...just sitting on my work bench in the dark collecting dust...
Old 02-03-2011, 11:57 AM
madgadget
My Feedback: (6)

for that CalCraft that is boxed up in the basement...
Leave the calcraft in the box but send it back home to STL and me
Old 05-30-2011, 05:43 AM
ozvena

Hi,

Is there anything going on in the St. Louis area? Any plans to utilize the approved Unger Lake for RC boats?

It would be helpful if St. Louis Thunderboaters post when they are at the lake.

Thanks!
http://groups.google.com/group/missouriRCboats/
Old 05-30-2011, 06:17 AM
madgadget
My Feedback: (6)

was not aware of the unger lake permit. I'm runnung one of my gassers and a couple of electrics on LSL today, shortly actually
Old 05-30-2011, 07:32 AM
ozvena

I sent you PM with my phone number. If you want a company, I may be able to join you with my electric.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:35 PM
Johnwhite84

I'm hoping to get out this weekend and break in a new engine. Anybody want to join? Still not sure of where I'm going but I'm ideas are welcome.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:11 PM
ozvena

Two choices, Unger Lake or Frank Holten State Park in East St. Louis, IL. I have not heard anybody using Unger Lake, but as far as I know it is the only lake in the St. Louis county where RC boats are allowed. Holten used to be utilized by a club called St. Louis Thunderboaters. The club's website is down or moved. It feels that this hobby is dead in St. Louis but I might be wrong.

John, I can bring my AquaCraft Super Vee 27, I don't have nitro.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Johnwhite84

I enjoy and respect both. I have my modified miss bud with amax's modified go. I gotta tune the macs pipe and finish breaking it in. I have been to frank holten a few times but have yet to see anybody out there.

I am starting to agree that Rc boating is dead in St.L
Old 05-30-2011, 07:30 PM
ozvena

OK then, the Thunderboaters generation is gone….

Well, I go to a small lake with my electric. That is the beauty of it, it is quiet and doesn't bother others. If you want to run your electric, let me know….but unfortunately, I am on the completely opposite site of St. Louis.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:39 PM
FastBoater
My Feedback: (3)

OK then, the Thunderboaters generation is gone….it's not gone & never will be gone...The St. Louis Thunderboaters have alot of history here, we had the first IMPBA Internats & lots more that I know. We just need to put it back on the map....
Old 06-27-2011, 03:37 AM
Allan Hoyle

Contact David Sandell he is now the president of the St. Louis Thunderboaters. His email address is [email protected] I am sure David would be happy to help you out.
Allan Hoyle
IMPBA D6 Director