Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Where to run rc nitro boats in Connecticut

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Where to run rc nitro boats in Connecticut

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 09:26 AM
rmabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to run rc nitro boats in Connecticut

Looking for a pond or lake to run nitro boats that big enought for outriggers. Or is there a rc boat club in Connecticut that I can joint. It been 10 years sense I have run rc boat. I am getting back into them again. If anyone know off a place to run boats or if there is a club, contact me at [email protected]
Old 02-09-2011, 10:46 AM
kroggs

Default RE: Where to run rc nitro boats in Connecticut

How far are you from east hampton??? I could set you up with a fellar in that neck of the woods... He don't race but run for fun sorta guy!!! He might know the club in that area.. Let me know and I can send him your email...
Old 02-09-2011, 06:46 PM
rmabe

I guess I am about 45 minutes from their.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:11 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There is a NAMBA club that races in Mansfield Hollow (near Williamantic) - NAMBA11.com I am sure if you drop the club guys an e-mail they could put you in touch with some of the CT guys as they only officially race a few times a year but they do run most weekends in the area. (Pics from the last race I went to last year - http://imageevent.com/justaddwata/na...1racect9182010)

There are a few gas guys who run on the CT river. I am not sure exactly where but think it may be a little more on the rough side for a rigger.

I am right on the CT/RI border and tend to head to Warwick RI (right at the Airport exit) which would be a haul for you though there are a few nitros and a handful of gassers.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:33 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where to run them?? I would try water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 05:58 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

When you posted about fuel, I mentioned that I belong to the Greater Hartford Model Boat Club. We are the club that Justaddwata told you about. We run two North American Model Boat Association (NAMBA) sanctioned, District 11 races each year. These races bring in boaters from Canada to New Jersey and all states in between, typically totaling 50 to 60 boats. The first one to be on May 21 and the second on September 17. We also have an active club schedule that brings us to Mansfield Hollow State Park at least one day each month for just social fun running. Mansfield Hollow is off of Rt 195 in Mansfield Ct. About 5 miles south of the University of Connecticut. Send me a PM if you're interested. We are all experienced boaters and some of our members travel all over the east coast to attend races.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:18 AM
Square Nozzle

Justaddwata, I reviewed your photos of our District 11 Race again and I remain thoroughly impressed with your capability with a camera. I specifically like the shots of multiple boats coming around turn 4. Keep up the excellent work. See you in May?
Old 03-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thank you John It is always nice to get feedback!! I plan on being there in May. I have a new camera that should be a little faster - need to test it out.

Is there any kind of schedule as to when they run at the Mansfield Hollow pond socially? Would not mind bring a boat up there someday.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Square Nozzle

Justaddwata, send me an Email at [email protected] and I'll reply with our schedule. I have it in an Excel file.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:04 PM
rmabe

Square Nozzle I will probably come out to the lake this Sunday for your club race and check it out if ya'll don't mind. I am a member of NAMBA.