Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Sidewinder By Morgan Fuels

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Sidewinder By Morgan Fuels

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 05:53 PM
dynacopas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sidewinder By Morgan Fuels

My LHS had sidewinder 30%synthetic fuel. Of course LHS owner called and made sure it was good for marine use. (as he knows nothing about boats) IT says right on the bottle do not use after run oils as it contains everything needed. Should icontinue to use the after run oil. The flex shaft in my OB is heavily lubricated when I took it out to check. Any opinions. My boat runs good on it just want to make sure it won't hurt anything.

http://www.hobbycraftcanada.com/inde...1:product-news

Old 05-24-2011, 06:12 PM
jw637362
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sidewinder By Morgan Fuels

Fuel Lube, After run Oils VS Flex Shaft Lubrication are 2 Different things altogether.

The Lube in the Fuel - Lubes the internal Components. Piston, Cylinder, Crank etc.
After run oil inhibits rust in the bearings, Whether a Fuel says not to use it or not. I do if the engine sits for long periods.

The Flex Shaft is pulled out and is Lubed with Grease before every run.

If I read your inquiry correct.

Hope it clears it up.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:18 PM
dynacopas

But do you think it will hurt anything running this fuel in a marine application. I understand the flex shaft part. The outboard draws some oil in via that tube. I checked the flex shaft and its soaked in oil.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:28 PM
toyotatruckin

Ive ran sidewinder for a number of years in boats (40-50% 12% oil) also used after run oil and did tear downs frequently and always fine inside with no fuel related wear.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:34 PM
dynacopas

thanks toyota that was my concern as it says car fuel in my link. But LHS owner knows nothing about boats like I was saying. Don't want to kill my motor due to lack of knowledge.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:52 PM
jw637362
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry cant answer the fuel one.

I use Morgan Cool Power Synthetic in my Helicopters. Looking at the Label - It states the Same thing. "Don't use After runs due to a Rust inhibitor". The heli engines rap out pretty good and close to Outboard engines But they are air Cooled w/fan attached
Around 18 - 20,000 Rpms

Outboards can run est. 22,000 - 27,000 depending if its stock or on a tuned pipe and % of fuel. Cooling comes from the Water intake and Some air flowing over the head Assy.

I use Byron Fuel 12% in my Revo 3.3. and Marine engines. There is also another that I heard are great such as Grim Racer Fuels

Maybe someone else can answer that

Old 05-25-2011, 09:57 AM
rcguy1411

i run the Sidewinder backyard basher blend 20 % nitro and 16 % oil in my K&B 7.5 / 11cc outboards and after 3-4 gallons of fuel they are bolth in great condition as far as after run oil i like to use WD 40 and i pull the flexout and use a marine grease after each day of running
Old 05-26-2011, 05:40 AM
advanced builder

Some of the fuel manufactures have claimed no after run oil,needed. New additives are coming out all the time. For the 30 seconds it takes, I still do the after run oil. Just me. just an old habit.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:06 AM
amax

I used Sidewinder Race Blend 50\12 until I started mixing my own. I have Tried running it Without using any ARO after and will NEVER Do It Again. Luckily I'm one of those people that Won't wait till Something Breaks before I pull an engine apart, and I caught IT before it got To Bad. I was ready to Upgrade those bearing anyway so it wasn't a real loss.

In a Truck\Buggy it may not get bad As Fast do to a Drier running environment, But with Marine Engine you have the added factor of Lots of Moisture in the Air and even in the fuel if you don't Keep the Jug Sealed.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Blackout

If you don't run after run oil, you still have to spin the engine good with the glow plug off to get all the fuel out, with the fuel line disconnected. I run Morgan's Omega and sometimes do not run after run oil. Personally I am having a hard time understanding how a few drops of oil is going to get down to the bearings to keep them rust free. And if you use allot of oil, the engine runs like crap on the next run.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:35 PM
advanced builder

With my new 24 volt starter,you'll spin out most of the nitro/moisture. a 12 volt starter you may miss some. I still have 1/4 a bottle of the Midas touch ,by Boca Bearing. It was for marine use I think they stopped making the stuff ,a green/yellow look to it. Not much left. What did it do -stop corrosion on the bearings. It was a good product. The bottom of the bottle says {GO FOR THE GOLD} what that means I don't know. You also added some to the fuel 4-5 drops per gal. fuel treatment. I liked it.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:04 AM
amax

I generally flush the engine with Plenty of WD-40 First, Spin the engine over a dozen times or so with the Plug out and a Paper Towel over the plug hole to catch the Spray. Then I use ARO,,, and not just a couple Drops. I put a half dozen drops or so down the plug hole then a Dozen more down the carb, and spin the engine over a few more times to coat the bearing good.
I also Flush the fuel out of the tank and fuel line\filter with WD-40.
Yes the next start up is a Little Ruff idling until the excess oil is burnt out, but I prefer that to the alternative.
I Flood the engine with fuel First thing, loosen the plug A Little, cover it with a paper towel, and spin the engine over a dozen times to flush out most the oil\fuel.
Then stick the igniter on the plug and Crank Er Up,,,,
Old 05-28-2011, 06:14 PM
advanced builder

Then stick the igniter on the plug and Crank Er Up,,,, Yes I've see you Cranker Er Up. Amax your always good for a GREAT vid or 2
One thing I noticed about a metal fuel tank is the fuel will end up filling the carb up with fuel. And so-forth needing what you say Amax loosen the plug and spin-out the fuel. It's a Walt Barney tank. Happens all the time.