Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 21 Tunnel Talk

Ive yet to see a TRUE 55 mph heat race able sport tunnel hull.......  I have seen 50, which is PLENTY fast enough to get to the front, and stay there.  Sometimes speeds get overinflated on the intranet.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ask anyone who has run against the NS295 in heat trim. I don't inflate, I have guys out there proving the hull is what I say it is. Mike

Michael Luszcz-ML BOATWORKS-FAST ELECTRIC DESIGN INNOVATIONS
    9 Current IMPBA Records, 10 IMPBA Records Held :
    Current IMPBA N-O/B Tunnel- SAW 44.17mph, 1/3 & 1/4 mile World Record Holder (Team Loeb/Luszcz)
    Current IMPBA P-O/B Tunnel- SAW 64.80mph (Team Loeb/Luszcz)
    Current IMPBA Q-O/B Tunnel- SAW 68.80mph, 1/3 & 1/4 mile World Record Holder (Team Loeb/Luszcz)
    Current IMPBA S-O/B Tunnel- SAW 57.79mph (Team Loeb/Luszcz)
    Current IMPBA T-O/B Tunnel- SAW 67.12mph (Team Loeb/Luszcz)
    IMPBA 70 MPH TUNNEL CLUB, Q-O/B Tunnel One way pass 72.47mph
    IMPBA 70 MPH TUNNEL CLUB, T-O/B Tunnel One way pass 73.289mph
    Please check out the all new ML Boatworks website/ domain @ WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mike, its a great boat.  dont get me wrong.  Im not tearing you, or it down by any means.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Guy's
    Six pages WOW! I've spent half tha day getting road film off my truck YUK!
    Nasty stuff on our highways these days.

Mike welcome,
    And thanks for the cool pics, Like your design and buildups,
    Gene

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi , how much does the NS295 weigh  without  a motor ? how much with radio, tank and motor  ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its fine Rodney, no worries!

Frank, I will have to talk to some of the guys that run the NS295. I don't do nitro, so I depend on the racers for feedback. The boat is relatively lightweight RTR, I do know that. I will see if I can get you some weights! Mike
    Please check out the all new ML Boatworks website/ domain @ WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here are some pictures of my tuned pipe setup on my Vision Craft. Not sure how it will run, but it was cheap to do. Testing tomorrow if the weather holds out. The header is soldered 1/2" copper 90 degree elbows. I soldered fittings on the bottom of the header for flex shaft lubricating.

Craig Mapstone, IMPBA #20305S, Stony Pond Model Boat Club
    2012 D1 20 Hydro Champion

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That looks interesting blackout. Doesn't look too "aero" but I wonder how it'll run.

My boat's on its way (VS1)! Should be here tomorrow. I'm taking the long weekend to build!
    FloatWays.com - A Million Ways to Float!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Craig,
    Some of the guys in Europe run at different angles too,
    Go for it Man, never know till ya try,
    Gene

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kiteboarder

That looks interesting blackout. Doesn't look too ''aero'' but I wonder how it'll run.

My boat's on its way (VS1)! Should be here tomorrow. I'm taking the long weekend to build!
    I know what you mean about messing up the overall aerodynamics of the boat, but the traditional outboard pipes do the same, but maybe not as much....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For what it's worth, Towers just discontinued the V1 O.S. outboard....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Blackout

For what it's worth, Towers just discontinued the V1 O.S. outboard....
    I know... I saw it the other day when I was ordering my boat and other parts. I would've had to buy an air-cooled version whether I had liked it or not. if it hasn't been for Tom's used engine. I guess OS knows that the air-cooled one won't sell very well with the less-expensive water-cooled version available.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Danny have fun with your VS1 build over the long weekend, I think you will enjoy it.

Craig, Yep saw that too, Least we got some specs and info before it went down,
    Gene

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys.

I am an 1/4 outboard gas man , but i whas yesterday in the shop off my buddy an saw the brand new os max ob they have token the most powerfull aircooled 3,5cc and they have made the exhaust bigger with an extander it must have muth more power than the watercooled version........i dont now the price.....

kind regards gerrit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay74990.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	1656061   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wh58117.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	1656062   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp13400.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	1656063  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: gerritnsx

Hi guys.

I am an 1/4 outboard gas man , but it whas yesterday in the shop off my buddy an saw the brand new os max ob they have token the most powerfull aircooled 3,5ccÂ* and they have made the exhaust bigger with an extander it must have muth more power than the watercooled version........i dont now the price.....

kind regards gerrit.
    Yeah man, that's a sweet looking engine! $450 I think, so pricey... I do expect the price to come down at some point now that the water-cooled version is no longer sold by Tower. I'll keep my eyes peeled and eventually get one. I want to get reacquainted with nitro on a used engine first. When I'm done making mistakes I'll invest in the new engine. Guys like Jerry Dunlap say it's definitely faster.

@Gene - Thanks man! I'm excited. It feels like Christmas (only I'm paying for the stuff! haha) The nitro and plugs arrived yesterday, and the boat and most of the parts arrive today. So I can definitely start working on it this weekend. Unfortunately, some of the other parts I need will likely be here AFTER the weekend (unless I'm REALLY lucky) as they only shipped UPS ground from the midwest to California today. :s I'll have photos and likely a blog post on Floatways soon... -Danny

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gerrit welcome,
    Thank you for the pics,
    Early reports on the new OS say it has a lot of torque, pulls hard out of the corners.
    Guess we will see as more get out there.
    Gene

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My pipe setup worked well this evening. Engine is completely stock, except the head shim is removed. I don't have any speed numbers, but it looked faster, the boat was looser as well with the higher speeds. I'll surely check the speed difference between the two setups when the timing system is done.

I did break a flex shaft when my throttle locked open after the throttle cable came off. The engine over reved for several seconds before shutting down. The rod is fine, but I found small pieces of metal on top of the piston. The glow plug looked terrible, is it possible the metal came from the plug?

Question, when replacing the flex shaft, do you prelube with cable grease or an oil??

Edit: Under closer inspection, part of the piston skirt is missing, but the rod seems fine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I wouldn't use grease on the new flex shaft. It will just plug up the oiling system OS has designed in to the lower unit. A light oil is fine. I've been using 5-20 synthetic blend oil before each run and at the end of the day. A couple of other things I do is replace the teflon liner with a brass liner made from 7/32 brass tubing. I haven't had a flex shaft fail while running since I started doing this at the beginning of last summer. I have pulled them out and found broken strands but have not had one break while running. Something else I do is seal up the side plate with RTV except at the very bottom of the plate(nearest the prop shaft). With that sealed up you can pump oil in the top side fitting and force any water out the bottom of the plate.
    Black Cat Racing

http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/profile.cfm?section=gallery&memid=25746

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: racer504

I wouldn't use grease on the new flex shaft. It will just plug up the oiling system OS has designed in to the lower unit. A light oil is fine. I've been using 5-20 synthetic blend oil before each run and at the end of the day. A couple of other things I do is replace the teflon liner with a brass liner made from 7/32 brass tubing. I haven't had a flex shaft fail while running since I started doing this at the beginning of last summer. I have pulled them out and found broken strands but have not had one break while running. Something else I do is seal up the side plate with RTV except at the very bottom of the plate(nearest the flex shaft). With that sealed up you can pump oil in the top side fitting and force any water out the bottom of the plate.
    Thanks, good info!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Craig,
    Did the cable pull out of the clamp or out of the throttle arm?
    I have wondered bout the plastic holder that comes with the OS.
    Flush out the case and bearing's good, Dang man that P/L was just broke in too,
    Gene

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Slideblues

Hey Craig,
    Did the cable pull out of the clamp or out of the throttle arm?
    I have wondered bout the plastic holder that comes with the OS.
    Flush out the case and bearing's good, Dang man that P/L was just broke in too,
    Gene
    It was not the fault of the O.S. cable holder. It was the connector that I used to attach the cable to the carb arm that came loose. If the flex cable had not broken, I would have just driven the boat at full throttle till I ran out of fuel, but since it did, I'm out $100 for a new piston/liner. Oh well, live and learn....

Luckily, I ordered some flex cables from Kris Flynn a week ago. They should be in soon.

I will be racing next Saturday, so I will have 2 days to break the engine in again.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

IMO...You really need to find out where the metal pieces you found on the piston came from. If the element (although mangled) was still in the plug it's not too likely that's where they came from. I've seen the OS bearings lose flakes of plating off the bearings and it is destructive. They don't always feel bad when this happens. You need to look at them with a magnifying glass. First thing I do when I get a new motor is pull the bearings and get some siwss WIB's for it. Also pitch the XM rod and replace it with an OS VSpec speed rod. If you do those things the likelihood of an internal failure goes way down.
    Black Cat Racing

http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/profile.cfm?section=gallery&memid=25746

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: racer504

IMO...You really need to find out where the metal pieces you found on the piston came from. If the element (although mangled) was still in the plug it's not too likely that's where they came from. I've seen the OS bearings lose flakes of plating off the bearings and it is destructive. They don't always feel bad when this happens. You need to look at them with a magnifying glass. First thing I do when I get a new motor is pull the bearings and get some siwss WIB's for it. Also pitch the XM rod and replace it with an OS VSpec speed rod. If you do those things the likelihood of an internal failure goes way down.
    @racer504 - I see you know quote a bit about these engines. I just bought a used one that's in very clean condition. I had to buy a throttle cable clamp for it. The engine did not come with a box or any other extra parts. I just bought a few OS #8 and McCoy MC-59 plugs for it. For fuel, I bought some GrimRacer 30%

Apart from inspecting and re-lubing the cable, is there something else you recommend I do before running the engine? I'm pretty sure the stock head shim was removed, but I'm going to open it up and inspect it. (as well as inspect the rest of the internals. The engine smells like WD40, which I guess is fine, but I was always told to use something other than WD40 for storage (but what do I know?)

Thanks for any suggestions. For now, I won't be racing it and I'm going to be running at least a gallon of 30% for now. Eventually, I'm sure I'm going to want to try 50% on it as well. No racing around here but if I ever want to drive far, I might race it eventually.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is video of my O.S. powered Vision with pipe. Pipe is a .21 Novarossi at 8" long.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1ee6iiGoP4&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Danny, that is perfectly acceptable. WD40 is used by many, because it displaces water. Alot of guys flush with WD40. Then its up to personal preference weather or not to oil afterwards. My mix is made up of wd40, tranny fluid and air tool oil. So I just flush with that mix, and im good to go.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast