Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

DUMAS SKATER 67

here are a few pics of the OLD boat still one of my favorite boats to just go out and play with still runs well for nearly 25 years old
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ay73449.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	1635590   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ca81684.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	1635591  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: DUMAS SKATER 67

Is that a K&B 67 hanging off the transom? If so, those are like gold now days

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no its the 7.5 but i have the .67 that is like brand new less than 1/2 a gallon of fuel through it the 7.5 also only has about 3/4 of a gallon of fuel on a new p/s might stick the .67 on and see what it can really do i find this hull runs better with the ob rather than the inboard

Name:	Ur52276.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	85.1 KB 
ID:	1635612  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

another

Name:	Tq48766.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	1635614   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nl30560.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	1635615   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ki20009.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	1635616  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like that back ground sailboat in pic one. good job
    Stoney Pond Model Boat Club, Canandaigua, NY
    International racer
    http://neilsrcsite.shutterfly.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi, just joined! Curiously enough I have a .67 K&B outboard at home (my brother's) that's not even been broken in yet! It's attached to an old (that looks like new) Prather Lap Cat III Epoxy boat. And.. I have a Dumas Skarab with a K&B .81 inboard engine, also not broken in. Haven't used the boats in years and they are 2,000 miles away at my parents home.

I'm thinking of building a new boat based on the vintage stuff I used to use as a kid... Thinking .21 ops or Picco inboard in an Aeromarine Sprint .21 hull or maybe a Popeye's. I also like the Challenger .21 hull. I also thought about getting one of the new OS .21 outboards and sticking it to the back of a .21 Popeyes.

Options, options! I'm being persuaded to go gasoline or electric, but I kind of want to relive the nitro days with a smaller boat then I used to have.

-Danny
    FloatWays.com - A Million Ways to Float!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Stay with nitro! They are easy as long as the engines stay stock, your run no more than 40% nitro, and keep it slightly rich. Under those conditions, your glow plugs will last and the engine will last a long time. Running 40% nitro, I ran my O.S. XM last night and 2 weeks ago with the exact same needle setting even though the weather was quite different with regard to temperature and humidity.

The O.S. outboard is a great engine. If you are looking for a .21 inboard, get a .21 Novarossi from Glenn Quarles. He is on this site and Intlwaters.
    Craig Mapstone, IMPBA #20305S, Stony Pond Model Boat Club
    2012 D1 20 Hydro Champion

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info blackout. I'll check them out. The reason for thinking OPS is because in those days I remember some of those engines being "indestructible". There was one guy that had a particular "red head" .67 in a Sprint Cat. When you looked inside the cylinder the thing looked abused. The piston had all kinds of gouges. However, the thing still kept going and winning races! It was amazing.

Also, I used to dislike the fact that my runs with my setup were so short (8 minutes). I had a friend that used to run a .21 Challenger with an OPS. 21 with a header. He would run that boat for 15 minutes at a time with absolutely no problems or overheating. The thing was fun! Same deal with a .21 K&B outboard that he had on a small Aeromarine .21 Cat (probably a Popeyes).

But I was a kid back then, probably 13 years old and I didn't understand a bunch of things. These days I should be able to make a better build and tune the engine much better, for longer and more fun runs.

-Danny

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just checked out Novarossi... Any relation to the old Rossi's?  As in "new-rossi"? not surprised the best engines to be Italian!  Anyway, for the OS outboard, would you recommend the watercooled or aircooled version?  -D

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kiteboarder

Just checked out Novarossi... Any relation to the old Rossi's? *As in ''new-rossi''? not surprised the best engines to be Italian! *Anyway, for the OS outboard, would you recommend the watercooled or aircooled version? *-D
    Rossi is a different company than Novarossi. I forget the history....

I kinda like the air-cooled version only because you wouldn't have to worry about water restriction to the cooling head, but for some reason it is more expensive. I have been restricting the water on my O.S. outboard to get the heat up in the engine. Last night I had pulled the restriction off because it was so hot out, but sure enough, the engine ran too cool. I could probably lean the engine more, but these .21's like to run hot (180 - 200 degrees or so) with more fuel than run cool under a lean condition. More fuel means more oil to the engine and bearings. The air cooled engine would be one less thing to mess with.

Both the Novarossi and O.S. would run for 15 minutes no problem, just need a larger tank.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I hear ya. I'll stick around. When I'm ready to build I'll probably start a thread on it. If Ican get a hold of those 2 old boats I was talking about I'll make a thread for them. Will be a while for that one though as I'd have to fly to go get 'em.

have a good one, Danny

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

According to Jerry Dunlap, it sounds like the air cooled outboard might be faster after all. The piston and sleeve part numbers are different, so some suspect the timing numbers might be better, but no absolute measurements have been taken as far as I know.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi blackout, I'm writing out a new thread for the topic of my future build. I'll let you know where it is once I publish it. -Danny

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"><meta http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css"><meta name="Generator" content="Cocoa HTML Writer"><meta name="CocoaVersion" content="949.54">

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi blackout, the thread is up... See it here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10633813/tm.htm