Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

13cc ob having fits and end of my rope

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

13cc ob having fits and end of my rope

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 02:14 PM
abrom1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 13cc ob having fits and end of my rope

Hi fellow nitro burners, ive finally come to realize i need help and any info is greatly appreciated. Here my problem; ive purchased a used 1/4 scale tunnel with a 13cc k&b about 6 months ago. when i fire it up after priming the lines and carb , the engine is very susceptable to reving rpms through the roof at idle. and cannot get it to act right so i can tune it properly. So after purchasing new carb, fuel tank, fuel lines, hsn valve, new bearing and conrod. tried it today and still have the same issues. what i can tell u when running on bench the carb looks like it to be getting moisture on the barrel ( is that normal?) and have a mist of fuel coming out the carb. There is no air bubbles in lines, since ive owned it , it has yet to make a lap in the bayou. ive humbled myself and come to theaid of proffesional enthusiast
Old 02-10-2013, 07:31 PM
jmy2u

Default RE: 13cc ob having fits and end of my rope

Sounds like your starting it backwards, If you are looking down at the flywheel it should turn clockwise.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Joshsubmec
My Feedback: (2)

I have that same exact problem but with my .18 super tiger on my rigger, I can't figure out why it does this. The moor is turning the right way to.???
Old 02-10-2013, 11:36 PM
rcguy1411

what are your needles set at good placr to start is about 3 1/2 turns out on the high needle and low needle flush carb barrel should be open 2-3 mm to start also what plug are you using and nitro % with my .67 i run mccoy mc59 and 20% nitro with 18 % oil another good plug is also the mc 9
Old 02-11-2013, 10:17 AM
abrom1

thanks guys, yes it did kick of backwards twice yesterday so now i keep the starter on a little longer than just kickiin on there to prevent it from starting it backwards. thinkin about it last nite afterwards i realize my high speed needle setting was to lean. 2 turns not good . so next weekend ill retry again with better results i bet. I almost thought there wasn't enuff exhaust pressure and the only cause of that was a week piston and cylinder so i taken it down to look but it still looks new . ill post and let u guys know of next weekend results. again thanks

Old 02-11-2013, 02:34 PM
rcguy1411

if you haven t put the engine back together yet slide the piston into the sleave it should get tight a few mm before it comes to the top of the sleave if it comes flush with the top of sleave time for a new piston sleave
Old 02-11-2013, 03:30 PM
abrom1

its good rc guy , get tight towards the top; gonna put it back together tonite and possibly try it out tomorrow. off of work due to mardi gras tuesday , lucky me

Old 02-11-2013, 04:46 PM
Joshsubmec
My Feedback: (2)

Rcguy, thanks for the advice, ran my boat on the bench today! With the flywheel I added and 3 turns on the needle the boat is running singly smooth!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:02 PM
rcguy1411

glad your up and runnig