Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Brand new mint miss Budweiser value?

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Brand new mint miss Budweiser value?

Old 01-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Getonit08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand new mint miss Budweiser value?

Can anyone help with this might be worth. I'd like to sell it. It's approx. 40 in long. Brand new. Mint condition.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:43 AM
amax

Pictures and Brand would Help A Lot!!!
Old 01-06-2014, 02:35 PM
Hydro51

Originally Posted by amax
Pictures and Brand would Help A Lot!!!
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=958190
Old 01-08-2014, 05:11 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

$1,500.00????? LMAO! It's not exactly a collectors item. They're poorly built from front to rear as Pro Boat was more worried about it looking like the real thing than how it ran. The smaller nitro version had that problem also. They sold a ton of those because of what I call the "Golly, Gee Whiz" factor as a lot of people bought one because it was a boat that just about everyone knows and could relate to, Owners were first-time boaters who didn't have a clue on how to run a boat. After being frustrated most of those went on eBay.
You might get half of what you're asking if you're lucky.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:50 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I hate to say this but, in all honesty, without some serious "remodelling", that boat will be coming back to you in a much less than "pristine" condition. They are very tail heavy and that, unfortunately, makes them unstable and prone to blowing over. Anyone that tries to "hop up" that boat may try to send it back to you and demand a refund since you sold them a defective product
Old 01-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Ron Olson

HJ pretty much hit it. They're really tail-heavy because of trying to get everything under the cowl to make it appear more realistic and with the radio box so far aft the boats handle more like a flat-bottomed boat than a true hydroplane, Pro Boat boats, not just yours in the gas and nitro versions (Which BTW puts your in the wrong forum here seeing how it's gas, not nitro powered) just have a lot of issues out of the factory. Mostly with the little things that all add up, flex cables installed improperly that cause breakage, a rudder that isn't made to break away in case of hitting something (Pro Boat actually ran out of replacement rudders at one point as it was covered under their warranty) and other little bugs. Had they moved the engine and radio box further forward plus fixed what all was wrong with it then they in turn would have sold more of these. There was no big name that anyone really knew that did the R&D work like AquaCraft who has Mike Zaborowski. They've got some guy named Darrin (sp.?) who later I found out about but still not a name that most of us know. I've know Mike since long before he went to work for AquaCraft and know his race record.

We're not trying to embarrass you or anything close to that, just filling you in with the facts. Good luck on getting what you can out of it as there may be someone out there looking for just what you have.
The other companies have also been know to put out some duds like AquaCraft. The V-24 was a joke as the hull separated at the seam. The Fuji engines were junk. That's why they made a Rio 51 Z version as they started putting Zenoah's in them. They companies start with a boat and a price point then do what they can to keep the price reasonable even if corners are cut.
For $1,500.00 I can honestly build a boat that will run at twice the 35 MPH and out-handle that boat with top-of-the-line equipment.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:11 PM
toyotatruckin

one used to run here at our pond -basically the guy had a full race set-up under a hull that wasnt ever meant to handle it(with way to much cash invested into it)--Only after strapping on bags of lead shot to the front sponsons and adjusting those to keep it planted on the water did the boat actually hold well---it was the fastest gas proboat ive ever seen until he put one of my good 3 blade props on it and again it flew off the water--the boat is and never will be a race boat BUT if you dont expect it to be and just want a fun boat to run kind of like a Sunday cruiser than a few simple mods and its not bad--and NO HJ its no where near a "true" scale hull lol
Old 01-09-2014, 08:34 PM
308jockey

I don't mean to hijack this thread but am interested in Ron's comments on the V24. We have one, probably 5 years old by now and though we don't run it often it probably has 4 or 5 hours on it. What are the issues? Other than the pipe coupler we haven't had any problem. It is not as fast as I expected but is a fun sport boat in our pond. Is there a thread on it? Thanks.

Rick H.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:07 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotatruckin
one used to run here at our pond -basically the guy had a full race set-up under a hull that wasnt ever meant to handle it(with way to much cash invested into it)--Only after strapping on bags of lead shot to the front sponsons and adjusting those to keep it planted on the water did the boat actually hold well---it was the fastest gas proboat ive ever seen until he put one of my good 3 blade props on it and again it flew off the water--the boat is and never will be a race boat BUT if you dont expect it to be and just want a fun boat to run kind of like a Sunday cruiser than a few simple mods and its not bad--and NO HJ its no where near a "true" scale hull lol
Yota, tell me something I don't know
Old 01-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Ron Olson

Boy, is this site slow at getting notifications out, I just got it.
The V-24 has a lot of reports of the hull splitting at the seam, if yours is staying together then you're one of the lucky ones. There were a lot of issues get the engine running. After AquaCraft came out and finally started using the Zenoah's then Mike amitted to me himself as to how bad those engines really were. AquaCraft does what they can as far a QC goes as they do random checks on every load that they get in Champaign, IL.
You'd think that because a boat may come from a big name that they shouldn't have problems. The Venom's are yet another like the KOS Cat's. They literally start falling apart as soon as they hit the water. We had a guy show up one day to run with us and let my son take his for a spin. My son is now 26 so it's not it was a little kid driving it but he said that it was the worst handling boat that he'd ever driven and he's driven a lot of boats in his time, not just mine.
Every company has their Chevy Vega or Ford Pinto. Mike at AquaCraft has put in up to 2 years of R&D work into some boats but what happens next is out of his hands. His higher-ups have the final word on any boat that they make although his name is the one that gets put on the box top and decals.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:40 AM
remotorboater

Apparently the asking price is down to 1k but still seems expensive
Old 01-15-2014, 04:11 PM
Ron Olson

If you're interested then make an offer.
Just because something isn't made anymore and is NIB doesn't mean the it will accumulate value. When AquaCraft quit making the Rio 51 (not the Z) they were just abut giving them away. I could have bought the whole thing RTR for about what a bare fiberglass hull goes for.