Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Lil Help Mircoburst .21

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Lil Help Mircoburst .21

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 04:24 PM
sportster445

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lil Help Mircoburst .21

I friend of mine would like me to build him a 32" Mircoburst hull.
I build alot of wood race boats that run on gas,so I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to nitro engines.
Looking for info on the following.
Motor,I think the motor size is .21
Pipe
3dr channel mixer
Boat has all the hardware,fuel cell,motor mounts.
When where how would I go about getting the parts needed.
If you like to add anything I might be missing,please add to list.
Thanks in Advance,
Nathan
Old 01-03-2014, 09:03 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

They're really nice boats when set up correctly. You can use the same basic numbers when building a gas mono on this CG at 30-33%. A Sullivan 8oz, SS tank will give it a decent runtime, Sorry, IV bags don't work! A mini servo will do the job for throttle duties but something with more torque than a standard will be needed for the rudder. A Hi-tec 645 is great there.As far as props go, that will depend on the engine used but somewhere between an Octura X-437 to an X or M-445 but usally one in the X-440 range is usually a great place to start.What else does it need? Stock up on glow plugs, the McCoy MC-9's should work fine. Starter? Glow ignitor? The engine should take high nitro, 45% works great in the "small-blocks". He should be able to get Grimracer fuel from a hobby shop or directly from Tower Hobbies, it's good stuff. I'm trying to think of someone close to you that may carry some things needed for the boat. www.cmdiracing.com also know as Andy Brown should be able ot be a lot of help as Andy's brother John used to race a Microburst. Getting in contact with them right now may be difficult as Andy and John's father passed away New Years Eve.I threw in some stuff as what came with it might not be optimal for the boat.Any more exact info on what you're working with and/or pictures would help get you through this but it shouldn't be hard with gas boat experience. It seemd to be harder for me to move from nitro to gas. A lot of things the same but a little different in some ways.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Ron Olson

The site is being a pain right now as the link above is incorrect and won't let me edit it. Try www.cmdracing,com .
Old 01-03-2014, 09:12 AM
Ron Olson

Oh Crap. http://cmdracing.com/ Now that's a good one!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:15 PM
advanced builder

I like to shop here http://www.rocketcityracing.com/
Brian can help you out.
this is the style stinger strut for a Vee hull.
http://www.rocketcityracing.com/Spee...16_p_1292.html

Last edited by advanced builder; 01-03-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:51 PM
sportster445

Thanks for the replies... Keep um coming.
What would be the best brand of motor,just for having fun running.
He don't race he just whats to be able to take the boat out and run with us on the weekends.

Would this work?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERTEX-21-NI...item2c5811e14f

Last edited by sportster445; 01-03-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Ron Olson

For a just getting the boat on the water it should be OK. Also look up Go engines.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:13 AM
advanced builder

The 3 top engines are the 21CMB Vac ,Nova Rossi 35+21 and the AA 21 you will pay quiet a bit more than your Vertex or Go If your not planing on racing than the Vertex is OK You will not need a 3rd channel remote,as the carb has a high speed needle. A3 channel is not needed at all if the carb has that installed.Like I see in the pic. All grades of Nitro is hard on the bearings so after run oil is needed at the end of the days running.
Search Stu Barr CMB Glen Quarles NR Al Hobbs AA or Roger Hooks Jr
Old 01-04-2014, 08:22 AM
Ron Olson

Brian Watts at Rocket City Racing is a really nice guy but may come off to some people as a grumpy old fart!Glenn Quarles site is www.novarossi.us , Stu Barr doesn't have a site but can be contacted at [email protected] (Crapshooter without the vowels). www.seaducerboats.com also sells CMB's but you're looking at a $425.00 .21 engine! Yeah. The Nova Rossi's are about half of that and will give the CMB's a run for their money.I've heard a lot of good about the Go-Engines though, great performers for the money. Do a search for them just like I typed it as there is another Go engines which aren't as good. Their supposed to be Nova Rossi knock-offs but can be had with pull-starters to help save the money of getting a hand-held electric starter and battery to power it with.