Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Servo mounting

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Servo mounting

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 08:32 AM
arcdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo mounting

Hi guy's, I could use a few ideas on mounting servo's in the radio box if anyone can offer assistance that would be great. It's for an outrigger with a radio box 1" 3/8" wide by 7" 1/2" long, do you just glue blocks of wood across? is there additional bracing? If someone can share a pic or two of how they did it that would be helpful. Thanks,
Old 07-05-2014, 12:46 PM
advanced builder

CK out Joes mounts they are easy to install and easy to get at once mounted. I get my Dremal and wrought up the bottom of the mount.a file works good too. epoxy in to a unsealed radio box bottom. I take a exacto knife to the wood and get that scared up. I run the Hitex HT 225 mg for my .21 and .45 the Hitex 85 is used for the throttle and 3 rd channel.
http://zippkits.com/~zippkits/index....index&cPath=67
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	909.1 KB
ID:	2011935  
Old 07-05-2014, 03:51 PM
arcdude

Thanks advanced builder, appreciate the info on the mounts from Joe, I do have to order some stuff for another boat but kind of eager to get this one done up. The radio box is quite small as well so I'm inclined to do something simple such as the cross piece's you have for the Hitec servo. What type of wood are they and do you just epoxy them at the ends or add a frame around them?
Old 07-05-2014, 04:07 PM
advanced builder

Birch wood is the preferred . Hobby lobby or your LHS have what you need. Epoxy in .
Zippkits has Balsa angle stock used inside the radio box corners and flats ,Shoe goo or silicone all back hardware screws before you head to the water or that radio box will leak. The balsa is light but strong when used with CA and 30 min epoxy. A easy light helpful water seal out.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:27 PM
arcdude

Originally Posted by advanced builder
Birch wood is the preferred . Hobby lobby or your LHS have what you need. Epoxy in .
Zippkits has Balsa angle stock used inside the radio box corners and flats ,Shoe goo or silicone all back hardware screws before you head to the water or that radio box will leak. The balsa is light but strong when used with CA and 30 min epoxy. A easy light helpful water seal out.
Thank you very much for the tips, greatly appreciate it.