Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Help me ID some old boats please.

Hi guys, a family member that knows I am into RC boats picked these up for me cheap and I would like to know if you can tell me what they are? The first one is a wood hull with thick heavy wood like I have seen in Dumas kits so I am guessing that it may be one? It is 28 1/4 long and 13 wide. It has an older K&B 3.5 engine with a Prather 215 prop. The next one is an abs plastic hull with a nice O.S max XM on it. It has a Octura 440 prop. The engine appears to be new! The hull measures 24 long by a little over 11 wide. I have looked through many old RC Boat modeler mags trying to spot these hulls and have had no luck so I wanted to ask you guys. I am excited, these are my first outboards ever, and I have been away from nitro for a long time running gas and electrics. Once I find out what I have I can start searching for set up info and get them in the water. Any set up tips would be great. Here are some pics. I also picked up an Aqua Craft hydro, its not a Vegas duece so what is it? Thanks guys. Mike M

This is the abs hull,

Here's the Aqua Craft,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The one with the os outboard is a ABS hotshot sprint 3.5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    The first one might be an old Prather Lap Cat II. The last one is easy, an AquaCraft Miss Vegas. Do a search and there's a huge thread on that boat in here.
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    One of many threads on it, AquaCraft U-18 Miss Vegas Hydro Thread_Make it Fast! .
    The site wouldn't let me edit my last posting.
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Agree on whar Ron said