Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Cooling methods

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Cooling methods

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 05:45 AM
eranomo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooling methods

Hi Everyone.
Does anyone know about some advanced cooling systems?
I am looking for ways to cool down my engine, ESC and some other electronics inside my boat, I have a water picker built inside the rudder but it does not work when the boat is idle...
All the water pumps that i found would work nonstop and that is eating away through my LiPo battery, also - it does not stop pumping water even when the boat is on movement so all the water mumps i saw are pretty worthless, i would at list expect a built in thermostat for auto switching on/off.
Does anyone here aware of more advanced systems?

Did anyone here tried a closed circulation cooling systems? are the efficient as fresh water pump?

Thanks everyone!!!!!
Old 11-12-2015, 08:24 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Why do you need cooling if the boat's not moving? Unless there is an issue with your ESC, it and the motor shouldn't be generating any heat. IF they are getting so hot that cooling is required while sitting still, you are either running too big of load or too many amps.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:21 AM
eranomo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a mini PC running windows 10 and some other electronics all connected to the same battery setup, everything gets hot inside, I need to cool down the inside of the boat but i cannot use fan to bring cool air from toutside the boat because i made the boat 100% water/vandal proof against anything... I need a water cooling system to take water from outside the boat... I tried to use a PC closed water cooled system but it uses high amp...
HELP....
I was thinking to make a closed system based on Silicon Nitro pipes, fill it up with cooling liquid and have the pipe go inside the water (underneath the boat) for 300 mm length so it will cool down the hot water, What do you think?

Last edited by eranomo; 11-12-2015 at 11:28 AM.