Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Fiberglass Circus Circus nitro boat

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Fiberglass Circus Circus nitro boat

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 09:15 PM
spacefanmick
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiberglass Circus Circus nitro boat

I just received in a trade a fiberglass speed boat. It is in the Circus Circus theme. It has an OPS nitro engine a .67 ( I think). It is 50" long. I believe made in Wichita Ks,it has a label inside with address,phone and I think a hull # ?
i can't find any info,anyone know about it,what it might be worth?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7308.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	1,014.3 KB
ID:	2218714   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7307.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	2218715  

Last edited by spacefanmick; 06-03-2017 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Upside down pics
Old 06-04-2017, 06:08 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

It could be a "Thunderboat Reproductions" hull as the guy used to be in Kansas. As far as value, it's like anything else, it's what someone would be willing to pay you for it as compared to what you're willing to accept
Old 06-04-2017, 08:00 PM
spacefanmick
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks,I have zero idea of a price range. Is it $50. Or $500?? Any help.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:07 PM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Dick Caspari was the owner of Thunderboat Reproductions and made quite a dew different hulls in various stages
of completion from a basic kit to all painted and decaled up and ready to run. He hasn't been heard from in several
years as he and his wife both had some serious health issues. I think he had a son but he wasn't interested in continuing
the business.

As to the worth of the boat, it depends a lot on if the boat was run or not, how is the finish, any dings or chips in the paint.
As Hydro Junkie has stated it is only worth what someone would be willing pay for it, I take it that you aren't interested in keeping or possibly racing the boat. Most 1/8th scale boats aren't raced around the southern states, as I at one time owned one of Dick's boats and found that all of the clubs that I went to races at didn't run scale hydro's so if I wanted to run in competition I had to run with the 67 riggers, which the boat didn't stand a chance against as far as speed went. If you really want to sell the scale hydro Circus Circus, it is probably worth in the $300-$500 range complete with engine and onboard radio gear.

The one thing that I see that is wrong with the boat is that it has "blacked out" cockpit canopy windows, which isn't legal
in NAMBA or IMPBA 1/8th scale competition racing, the windows would have to be clear with a driver figure in the cockpit.

Today if you were to build a fiberglass 1/8th scale to the same specs as this boat ready to race with .67 engines currently available it would probably cost in the region of $1600 to $2000, glass hull, running hardware, engine, servos, RX, onboard battery pack, paint, & decals, not counting the man hours spent assembling, prepping for paint, painting and setting up everything.

So now you have some food for thought, it's up to you to decide.

Bill D.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:07 PM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Double Post

Last edited by Bill Diedrich; 06-18-2017 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Double Post
Old 06-22-2017, 12:12 PM
rctinman
My Feedback: (40)

If you're looking to sell this, please let me know how much you want for it.

Thanks,
Steve