Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

John finchs original wild thing

Old 10-19-2018, 03:15 AM
Hydropikey16

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default John finchs original wild thing

Hi all just wanted to.show my john finch wild thing built in 2000 and some additional extras I have done to make it the qwickest 32" 21 3.5cc boat I have ever had. This thing flys. So where do.I.start.. .tje cosmetic side I.guess. I wanted her to have proper hatches so the rear hatch was just a matter of putting a soft rubber lip around the edges and then putting some elastic on to buttons on.the hatch lid to pull it down fast. The ford main hatch.was a bit more of a fidel .and in the end made it to slot in at the front and just run elastic from inside up to a button again on.the back of it.. Added a driver for.a.bit.of scale. Amd then steamed and bent a thin peace of wood witch I.glued to the Dec to fit a windshield just for that extra splash I might pick up when racing other boats... The hard were the rudder is hand made and so to are the turn fins have fitted my own auto bailing system made the prop shaft with.extra support tubing so I did not need a strut brace. Have added some iroko chims to the port and starboard outer edge of the hull one to stop water creeping up the sides and to get more grip and stop drift. Also the wood I used it so hard and strong it gave the boat a more rigid feel in ruff water at hight speed .hope u like what I have done to make it a better boat and my own
Old 10-19-2018, 03:19 AM
Hydropikey16

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Wild thing

Sorry can't add any pictures at the min until I have made 10 posts
Old 02-24-2019, 08:30 AM
Ron Olson