Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Dumas Miss Unlimited

Old 01-15-2019, 09:54 AM
rei750

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Dumas Miss Unlimited

For many years I built Dumas wood speedboat kits, inboard and outboard. I really loved their beautiful mahagony wood finishes. I stopped building a long time ago ago, but I still have this:
I'm selling a new unbuilt Dumas Miss Unlimited 36" long kit. I was notified by Dumas about 25 yrs ago when they were selling out their old wood boat kits. I wanted to make this a 2 channel rc boat.
the matching hardware set for the kit was unavailable, but I spoke to Dumas by phone and one of the guys in the back said the hardware kit for Atlas Van lines U-1 would work, so I bought that too.
.40-.60 engine needed. I'd like to get $80 obo for both. Shipping is about $30 from Illinois. Is anyone interested? Thanks.

Last edited by rei750; 01-15-2019 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:19 AM
Hydro Junkie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've already got too many boats, according to the wife anyway. Just a word of caution:
A .60 is too big for that boat. I had the 36" Atlas and a .45 was plenty to get it to run.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:47 AM
rei750

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You're right, and thanks for the correction there Hydro Junkie! The kit says 40, the hardware was for a .60 boat. I'll also be selling a Dumas Sorcerer, already built, not painted, brand new K&B 7.5 cc installed with a tuned pipe.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:50 PM
Hydro Junkie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Nothing wrong with using the 60 sized hardware. One thing I got to thinking about is the boat might be better with a .21 rather than the .45. The Miss Unlimited is an old design that was set up for the lower power of the engines at the time. It is possible that a new .21 might be all that hull can handle