Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

What engine & crank thread for Dumas #2307 and #2302 Hardware Kits

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

What engine & crank thread for Dumas #2307 and #2302 Hardware Kits

Old 11-08-2019, 09:34 PM
meowy84

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default What engine & crank thread for Dumas #2307 and #2302 Hardware Kits

I was gifted 2 old and musty-smelling but complete Dumas running hardware kits (Dumas #2307 and Dumas #2302). Thinking about an old-school period build ala the SK Daddle, using a period engine and even an Octura kool klamp that I already have in my stash. Anyways, both hardware kits are solid shaft and both look virtually identical so I have my choice of either. So far so good. Here's the problem: both kits have brass u-joints. I have no thread gauge. Anyone know which engines the u-joints are tapped for? I did my due diligence on the Dumas site and did the usual web searches but could find no info other than Dumas site recommending .19-.21 engines. Fine and dandy but what about the crankshaft threads? I'm considering picking up either an old Enya .19 or an old O.S. FP .20. According to the crankshaft thread chart the Enya .19 is 6x1.0mm and OS .20 is 1/4"-28. I really don't want to buy two engines. lol Anyone know with certainty which engine will fit?

Last edited by meowy84; 11-08-2019 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:16 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by meowy84 View Post
I was gifted 2 old and musty-smelling but complete Dumas running hardware kits (Dumas #2307 and Dumas #2302). Thinking about an old-school period build ala the SK Daddle, using a period engine and even an Octura kool klamp that I already have in my stash. Anyways, both hardware kits are solid shaft and both look virtually identical so I have my choice of either. So far so good. Here's the problem: both kits have brass u-joints. I have no thread gauge. Anyone know which engines the u-joints are tapped for? I did my due diligence on the Dumas site and did the usual web searches but could find no info other than Dumas site recommending .19-.21 engines. Fine and dandy but what about the crankshaft threads? I'm considering picking up either an old Enya .19 or an old O.S. FP .20. According to the crankshaft thread chart the Enya .19 is 6x1.0mm and OS .20 is 1/4"-28. I really don't want to buy two engines. lol Anyone know with certainty which engine will fit?
1/4”-28 bolts are standard size/pitch bolts. Take the joint to a local hardware store and see if a 1/4”-28 bolt threads in. If not, it’s likely metric.