Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

19 size SK Daddle

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

19 size SK Daddle

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 08:15 PM
Rehabber
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 19 size SK Daddle

I recently built a Dumas SK Daddle with a Thunder Tiger 15 engine in it. The 2 props that seem to work best so far are the Octura 1240 and 1435 . The boat runs much better in rough water than I had expected. Any suggestions for other props that might work? I think the boat is travelling about 25 mph. Is this about right for the engine that I have in it?
Old 07-20-2004, 08:57 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: 19 size SK Daddle

I'm surprised that these props are working for you as they are both lifting props which should make the boat want to submarine. I'd try the X435 to see how that works.
The speed ought to be more, you should be able to get another 5-10 MPH out of it depending on the fuel and pipe that you are using. I'm messing around with a few .12 powered boats myself. One of my .12 monos was radared at around 33 MPH without being dialed in. I'm working on getting a lot more out of it.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Rehabber
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the X435 available in a plastic prop? I was under the impression that the Beryillium props were the X series,ie the X435 was the copper version of the 1435.I notice according to the Octura prop chart that they both have the same diameter and pitch . I am running a stock muffler because I run my boat on a residential lake. Do you have any suggestions for a tuned pipe that is very quiet for a Thunder Tiger.
I also live in Mich . Do you race in the Kazoo area?
Old 07-20-2004, 10:24 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The X435 may be available in plastic but I'll have to look it up. My prop chart from Octura is in my tool box at work and I'm on vacation for 2 weeks. The 1400 series are lifting props as are others starting with the double digits (1500, 1600, 1900 etc.) The X series are a low lift props.
I'm working on the tuned pipe thing right now. I've been using a Traxxas header on my motors that is from most of the car and truck kits. It's a right angle pipe with a slight bend upwards to help clear radio boxes. I've been using the Mac 2.5 airplane pipe as a lot of other boaters are doing. They make it in both unmuffled and muffled versions cut down to 6-3/4 to 7" measuring from the plug along the line of the header to the fat part of the pipe (convergent/divergent cone). Some have tried other pipes made for cars and trucks with good results.