Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Unofficial Nitro Hammer Thread

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Unofficial Nitro Hammer Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 08:03 PM
paulleonard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Offical Nitro Hammer Thread

well guys, I took the new modified Niro out today, and boy what a difference!..[8D] great contol. turned on a dime....I even had an audience at times....there was a neighoboring police car that came around the lake and he even asked me what type of boat it was..I had him actually clock the speed, and it was going a whopping 43 mph...Imagine that never thought I would see the hammer hit that speed...

Anyway just thought id share my ground breaking day...

Happy Boating...
Old 08-21-2005, 10:44 PM
wave waker

wowee! great job there paul...43mph that's speeding man! in a no wake zone now i wanna clock my speed too..

if u don't mind how much, where did u get ur trim tab?? want to get one..

my boat flipped this pm and i blaming the trim tab, i'm not even running in full speed, there's a little wake at that time then it just flip over. it took me about 3-4 min. to fully retrieve it, i used 12 pingpong balls as my floatation and it works though but still i'm goin to seal the bow, ballon wrapped battery and radio didn't got wet, servo got wet, What i noticed is if i run parallel to the wave at high speed the boat will start walking but if it's perpendicular to the wave it's so stable...but still i got a great day coz engine is pretty much tuned today......
Old 08-22-2005, 08:29 PM
DOOM!

ORIGINAL: paulleonard

I had him actually clock the speed, and it was going a whopping 43 mph...Imagine that never thought I would see the hammer hit that speed...

What size engine are you running?
Old 08-23-2005, 10:25 PM
paulleonard

stock engine...besides that ive changed everything else...except the gas tank, engine and muffler....
Old 08-24-2005, 08:02 PM
DOOM!

stock engine...besides that ive changed everything else...except the gas tank, engine and muffler....
I am very impressed that you are getting 40 MPH's out of a stock engine. I have put a OS .18 in my Hammer and have only been able to get 23.5 MPH on the GPS. I guess I need to make some running gear mods to my boat.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:36 AM
Nitro Kid
My Feedback: (9)

what kind of glow plugs should be used in the Nitro Hammer??? A3 A5 #8 etc. Right now i'm using a McCoy MC-9.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:47 PM
DOOM!

I am running a .18 OS with a A3 glow plug.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:28 PM
DOOM!

there was a neighoboring police car that came around the lake and he even asked me what type of boat it was..I had him actually clock the speed, and it was going a whopping 43 mph...Imagine that never thought I would see the hammer hit that speed...
No matter what you do or modify the Hammer hull will ony go so fast. I have a Hammer that is running a .18 OS,which is already starting to chine walk. Once a boat starts to chine walk it's all over! Max Hull speed= Max speed.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:46 AM
paulleonard

iv'e already experienced the "walking on water" and modified the trim tabs....longer tabs with shorter turning fins (at about a 48 degree angle) which stabilizes the walking, then shortened the distance between the hull and rudder about an inch and a half, alot less drag..no more rooster tail...now the boat planes almost perfectly and huggs the surface of the water. if you like check out my gallery, and you will see the set up....
Old 08-27-2005, 07:52 AM
paulleonard

it depends on the percentage of nitro you use while running your boat...Keep in mind the higher the percentage the thicker the coil you will want to use..(the higher the nitro usually the harder it is to start it needs more heat)...
Old 08-27-2005, 04:10 PM
WhitecapSlap

Hey everyone!
I have a quick question, how do I get the shaft out so I can lube it?
Old 08-27-2005, 06:04 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

well guys, I took the new modified Niro out today, and boy what a difference!..[8D] great contol. turned on a dime....I even had an audience at times....there was a neighoboring police car that came around the lake and he even asked me what type of boat it was..I had him actually clock the speed, and it was going a whopping 43 mph...Imagine that never thought I would see the hammer hit that speed...

Anyway just thought id share my ground breaking day...

Happy Boating...
That speed is pretty amazing to me also. If not radared properly you can get all kinds of speeds from them. I wouldn't want to be in his speed trap. The current speed recod for the class that your boat would be near is just under 50 and that was with a specially built boat. Somebody is snowballing somebody and this is coming from someone with a lot of experience with small boats.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:07 PM
lnc0321

Today I try to run my hammer for the second time. Im on the process of breaking in my engine. My first run went fine but a week later when I try to run it again (second tank) the engine started fine but as soon as I put the boat in the water and try to accelerate it will shut off. I tried it a couple of more times but ended with the same result. Im new to Nitro so is sort of frustrating because I dont know what is wrong. Please If anybody could help me it will be really appreciated.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:09 PM
DOOM!

it depends on the percentage of nitro you use while running your boat...Keep in mind the higher the percentage the thicker the coil you will want to use..(the higher the nitro usually the harder it is to start it needs more heat)...
I don't care what percentage of nitro or mods you have done to your Hammer. You are not getting 40 plus MPH, you would be doing well if you're getting over 35 MPH!
Old 08-27-2005, 11:36 PM
CMB RS35

ORIGINAL: DOOM!

I don't care what percentage of nitro or mods you have done to your Hammer. You are not getting 40 plus MPH, you would be doing well if you're getting over 35 MPH!
I would have to agree with Doom & what Ron said earlier on, that something is very wrong with the speed figure of 43mph. With a stock engine and pipe setup I would very much doubt the hammer would hit 30.
The physical mods will have neglible effect on speed, if anything putting larger flaps on will add further drag to the hull.
That reading could of course been 43 kilometres an hour which works out at nearly 27mph which is far more realistic.

Old 08-29-2005, 02:27 PM
Nitro Kid

I need help on how to waterproof my radio box, I don't want to take it off. But when my boat flips, I get a lot of water in there. Thats another problem My Nitro Hammer seems very unstable in the water. Any slight wave or wake will flip it. I never get to see it at full speed cuz it becomes very unstable. Oh Yeah, there is no way you got 43 MPH outta the NH!
Old 08-29-2005, 05:39 PM
eas___1990

you still got trim tabs and turn fins on right?
Old 08-29-2005, 10:06 PM
Nitro Kid

yes I do but I don't know if there set right.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:25 PM
eas___1990

thats funny cuase my boat has only flipped once the whole time i've had it and was bcuase a servo wnet out(steering servo did sharp turn in the middle of a plain)
Old 08-30-2005, 06:35 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: Nitro Kid

what kind of glow plugs should be used in the Nitro Hammer??? A3 A5 #8 etc. Right now i'm using a McCoy MC-9.

they recommend OS 8 medium heat... with other brand, as long as in the same category.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:38 PM
eas___1990

im either running a3 or 8's i cant remember cuase i buaght both
Old 08-31-2005, 06:32 PM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Unofficial Nitro Hammer Thread

I need a new Haul for my Hammer...does anyone know how and where I can get one?
Old 08-31-2005, 08:30 PM
DOOM!

ORIGINAL: eas___1990

thats funny cuase my boat has only flipped once the whole time i've had it and was bcuase a servo wnet out(steering servo did sharp turn in the middle of a plain)
The Hammer boat gets very unstable after about 22 MPH. I don't care what tabs or turn fins anyone is running. That hull won't do 43 MPH. I plan on setting up one of my hammer boat's just like the guy that posted that he is getting 43MPH with a stock .15 engine. I really hope with these simple mods that I can see 40 MPH.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:50 AM
eas___1990

i have had it chine walk but never flip.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:01 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: eas___1990

i have had it chine walk but never flip.

no guarantee[sm=disappointed.gif],,chine walk is next to flipping[sm=drowning.gif],,better soon balance ur trim tabs...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.