Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Unofficial Nitro Hammer Thread

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Unofficial Nitro Hammer Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 05:37 PM
Kevin from FL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Offical Nitro Hammer Thread

Well I fixed the fuel leak at the bottom fitting on the tank but the engine still won't stay running unless I push on the primer?

I did notice that when I filled the tank today that it took a bunch of pumps on the primer knob before it would work, could I have a faulty fuel tank?

This is my first RC boat and I'm getting pretty frustrated at this point [>:]
Old 02-12-2006, 05:45 PM
paulleonard

It sounds to me like you may have a restrition in the tank screen....the only way to test this is to pull of the tube from the exhaust and disconnect the line to the carb. and blow into the line...if its difficult to blow through it may be clogged....just a thought.....
Old 02-12-2006, 05:47 PM
paulleonard

most of your fustration is well known by RC people...but most are solved very easily....hang in there..
Old 02-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Kevin from FL

I hope so Paul

No restriction in the fuel tank and I plugged one line and blew in the other to pressurize the tank, no air leaks. I installed the tube to the muffler and there is no restriction.

Hmmmm.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:25 PM
paulleonard

when the engine is running....do you notice any air bubbles?....if so change your fuel lines....
Old 02-12-2006, 06:27 PM
Kevin from FL

No air bubbles, the engine just dies if I don't hit the primmer after about thirty seconds.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:44 PM
paulleonard

it sounds like the tank is drawing a vaccume...try to open the spring loaded top while its running and see if it stops then....
Old 02-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Kevin from FL

Paul, I'll give that a shot tomorrow and report back.

Note: This is a new boat and the engine has not been broken in, I'm running the boat with 2 1/2 turns out on the HS adjustment. I'm leary of putting it in the water if it won't stay running on land for more than thirty seconds. I keep my fingers on the motor to monitor the head temp and it never gets hot enough to be uncomfortable.

Thanks for all the help man.

Kevin
Old 02-14-2006, 06:57 PM
Kevin from FL

Greatplanes tech support got back with me on this problem and the idle screw was way to lean. She now stays running Now if the weather will get squared away, I start the break-in fun

Oh, they are sending me a new fuel tank too
Old 02-14-2006, 07:55 PM
paulleonard

Glad to hear your up and running......Looks like the weather should be fine this weekend....Happy Boating...Be patient with the break in period..you will be glad you did....
Old 02-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Kevin from FL

Thanks Paul,

I know all about the boredom and benefits of break-ins. Been through that many times over the years with full size outboards.

The results are worth it in the end.

Thanks again for help man.

Kevin
Old 02-16-2006, 12:10 PM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Unofficial Nitro Hammer Thread

I'm looing for a replecement haul...where can I order or find one? (Nitro)
Old 02-16-2006, 08:02 PM
wave waker

Default RE: Unofficial Nitro Hammer Thread

ORIGINAL: mb337z

I'm looing for a replecement haul...where can I order or find one? (Nitro)

mb3372 check ebay
Old 02-19-2006, 11:12 PM
boatexpert144

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
Old 02-22-2006, 11:11 PM
wave waker

hammer time!![8D] ready to hit the water tomorrow after long hibernation and experimental radio box mod. we're getting 56 degreeF.

radio and battery box from rc car, servo coated inside with dielectric silicone, switch sealed with silicone sealant.

i would say electronics are more water resistant than before and more room for floatation now, no worries of [sm=drowning.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89374.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	413832   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt60008.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	413833   Click image for larger version

Name:	In27536.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	413834   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wq42703.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	413835  
Old 02-23-2006, 06:54 PM
paulleonard

Hey boatexpert144 how about posting some pic's?.........I'd love to see the mods....
Old 03-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Nitro Kid
My Feedback: (9)

has anybody ever used a GPS to how fast their hammer goes?
Old 03-07-2006, 04:27 AM
mg2006

Hello, I got a NH today and have ran 3 tanks through it so far on a rich setting. No real problems so far other than it seems to be loading up/slow speed and not revving too high but I put that down to the rich setting also the fact that I haven't cut out the 1" hole yet in the top cover.

Anyway it looks like I need a new gasket for the exhaust header, any reccomendations for this gasket? Everything is stock, right out the box. Also the post used to clip the electronics box and the top cover has snapped, does anyone know where I can get a replacement? I'm thinking I'll have to make my own but if there is a part out there I'd rather buy that.

Thanks in advance,

Matt
Old 03-07-2006, 08:25 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: mg2006

Hello, I got a NH today and have ran 3 tanks through it so far on a rich setting. No real problems so far other than it seems to be loading up/slow speed and not revving too high but I put that down to the rich setting also the fact that I haven't cut out the 1" hole yet in the top cover.

Anyway it looks like I need a new gasket for the exhaust header, any reccomendations for this gasket? Everything is stock, right out the box. Also the post used to clip the electronics box and the top cover has snapped, does anyone know where I can get a replacement? I'm thinking I'll have to make my own but if there is a part out there I'd rather buy that.

Thanks in advance,

Matt
sounds like ur doin good with ur break-in, no stall...coz usually mostly during break-in a lot of time retrieving the boat.

i DIY with my gasket, bought the gasket paper from auto store, with the radio box post maybe u can glue it back.

Old 03-07-2006, 08:58 PM
mg2006

thanks for that, so standard auto gasket paper will do? it won't be too thick? I did have to retrieve my NH after running out of gas but fortunately a friend has zodiak to getting it back is no big deal, also the current on the Columbia helps as long as i keep it close to the dock when it's running low [8D]
Old 03-07-2006, 09:20 PM
mg2006

you can tell i'm new to this! My NH is a boring Battleship grey colour and I'd like to give it a brighter coat. What is the best paint to use for painting the fibreglass and what kind of prep should be done? I assume I'll need to sand and primer, paint then maybe a clearcoat but if someone has had success with specific products I'd really appreciate seeing what they were. I would imagine the paint needs to have a certain flexibility, especially seeing how much the top cover flexs when taking it off and on.

Thanks for the help,

Matt
Old 03-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Kevin from FL

Matt, I bought these [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=000543372&I=HPIG0875&P=K]HPI Gaskets[/link] that were recomended here and they work great.

As far as paint, I wouldn't worry about the flexability of it, I would want something that the Nitro fuel wouldn't attack. Maybe an epoxy spray paint.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:44 PM
firecat681

i have a chance to buy a used nitro hammer. problem is that it is the same color as my friends nitro hammer. I am new to rc boats ( all rc actually ) so i need some help. I need to know what to do to change the crystals in the reciever and transmitter so that i can run this boat at the same time my friend runs his boat. please help asap. thanks
Old 03-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Nitro Kid
My Feedback: (9)

Order this, http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXH279**&P=7
You pick what channel you want when you order. Surface: A1, A2, A3, A4, A5 and A6.
Old 03-30-2006, 09:34 AM
firecat681

thank u.

bye the way. great site. i havnt even purchased my boat yet but i have a great start on what i need to do b4 i launch my NH for the 1st time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.