Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Unofficial Nitro Hammer Thread

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Unofficial Nitro Hammer Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 07:40 PM
1outlaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Unofficial Nitro Hammer Thread

3/8's.......There easliy built..
Old 09-27-2006, 04:13 PM
sspower

Anybody still running this boat? Here are a couple pics. of mine. I hope to get some action shots and maybe some video of it tommarrow.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:05 PM
1outlaw

Ours is being Twisted...

James has it at Twisted Liquid.. www.*******************.com ..He's doing some upgrades to it and im sure he's taking notes to start offering upgraded parts for it...[8D]

Hows that Ron???....

[Edited for being off-topic]
Old 09-27-2006, 08:01 PM
wave waker

Hey SSPOWER, that's awesome[sm=thumbup.gif], so what's the kind and motor size? do u have pics showing inside...

mine still in airbrushing process, putting .18 os.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:30 PM
sspower

The motor is O.S .18. The inside is all stock except for the motor.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:50 AM
RedBullVegas

Well guys, I just got my Nitro Hammer back from the paint shop. I am a little proud of her since I have put her through some abuse over the past few years. Her last stage will be some more upgraded hardware. Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70732.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	531727   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19112.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	531728   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb76114.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	531729  
Old 09-28-2006, 09:39 PM
wave waker

[quote]ORIGINAL: HottsOne

Well guys, I just got my Nitro Hammer back from the paint shop. I am a little proud of her since I have put her through some abuse over the past few years. Her last stage will be some more upgraded hardware. Here are some pics.
[/quote

nice one!,,somehow at first glance it doesn't look nitro hammer...so what kind of hardware ur putting?
Old 09-29-2006, 06:29 PM
zenoahhead28

hey guys, im new to this forum from gas boating. I have had a nitro hammer for a couple of years now, but the engine blew. So after letting it sit in my shop for a season I finally felt like putting somelife back into it. I bought an os .18 engine, but then i thought of a cool idea....to make a jet drive for the boat! So after some cutting and fiberglass work, Its just about done now, and its pretty impressive! All I used was the stock shaft, but modded it to accomidate 2 props, and made the actuall unit out of pvc pipe and some fittings. The boat goes aroud 30 right now and im hoping to make some adjustments to make it go !
Old 09-29-2006, 07:47 PM
sspower

Sounds great. Would you happen to have any pictures to share?
Old 10-04-2006, 07:46 AM
RedBullVegas

wave waker, sorry for getting back to you so late. Been out with strep throat for a few days. A Twisted O.S. 18 may be in order for this bad fella with a macs pipe. Probably going to order a rudder from them as well. Then start working on prop combinations.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:32 PM
bassproguy07

Default RE: Offical Nitro Hammer Thread

Wheere do u get a S drive n how do u install it??I just got my Hammer tuned in today finally, but still dunno if its rightIt hauls butt though and when i lean it out even a tiny bit more and give it full throttle it kills it so im sure its at the right spot! I want to do those things on the bottom, i forget what theyre called, i get those n trim tabs confused. Also, when installing the s drive what do u do with the old prop location? leave it?? or do u cut it off n re-glass it. Im an avid surfer, so fiberglassing is no problem for me, I already sanded and added resin to parts of the inside where the deck meets the hull, seemed kind of weak, and it turned out good. I got a hole in it today while tuning, i think i hit a turtle or sumthing in the lake, its just a teeny one but it gets water in there. Just wondering, how many of you guys have used sun cure fiberglass resins?? If any of you surf you know that a ding all sun cure repair tube is essential for on the beach ding repair, and I just wanted to suggest it to all you boat guys. It comes in a tube containing pre mixed resin/ fiberfill and costs around 5 bucks for a big tube. Can work with this resin all day in the shade and wnt harden and once exposed to UV it cures in five minutes. Great bor holes in the hull that cause u to pak up and go home! Sorry so much questions and stuff, my nitro hammer is getin me really excited about this whole RC thing!
Old 10-22-2006, 07:06 PM
dicko

you probably put a hole in it from the cradle, there's a weak spot at the front & the cradle bangs on it when you start the engine. i carbon fibred the front bit under the bulk head to strengthen it there. best to make a new cradle like the ones sen on this forum. as for the s drive i don't know, i still run stock.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:55 PM
bassproguy07

thanks dicko, yes that is where it came from, im probably going to make a new stand for it. I ran it some more today, and the water is still getting into the boat so it can't be from where the hole is, resin doesnt allow water in. Im thinking its that stupid cowl it doesnt fit right on the boat. its running super fast though, alot faster then my EP boats i used to build, only thing i dont like is its realy squirly in the chop, gets airborne though
Old 10-22-2006, 08:11 PM
dicko

when you have it tuned right you should be able to get it to go from idle to full throttle so fast it will launch itself out of the water. they're good fun. i have problems with it doing barrel rolls at WOT. i need to mess with the trim tabs some more, but i don't get it out often enough.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:18 PM
bassproguy07

Ok can someone please give me measurements of placement of running pads?? Also I would like to get a surface drive but don;t know wich one to use. The new sv27 or whatever its called has an alluminum rudder, and strut that looks like it would work on the hammer. What you guys think?? Also my throttle servo is flipping out, i took it all apart and im in the process of blowdrying it dry. has anyone drilled a hole in the corner of theyre radio box? Im thinking this would help to get most of the water out.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:59 AM
RedBullVegas

basspro. I just put the running pads an equal distance (about the width of a ruler) on each side of drive shaft. Make sure they are straight and sand the tips down as far as you can to make them flush with the hull. As far as a SD, I would wait to see what Twisted Liquid Racing does to the hammer they are working on now. I do know that the .18 O.S. MAX with make the hammer skip across the water with only the prop and the rudder in the water
Old 10-24-2006, 10:53 AM
bassproguy07

What do u use for them?? I heard if you cut paint stir sticks they wil work, i'll probably epoxy them on then bondo the edges to where its a smotth curve in the front and running off the back. Could I bondo and round off the edges or no?
Old 10-24-2006, 11:00 AM
RedBullVegas

I would use fiberglass resin.....a little harder to sand but alot stronger. I used some better quality stir sticks. Sanded them down and sharpened the edges. Then had them painted over to where they look like part of the boat.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:04 PM
1outlaw

Hopefully that hammer you speak of at twisted liquid will be home next week.....My sons dieing to run it.....
Old 10-27-2006, 09:40 PM
bassproguy07

Ok Hammer wont start or pull, and I dont want to take the pullstart off due to lack of experience in working on them. WHAT DO I DO HELP!!
Old 10-27-2006, 10:27 PM
toyotatruckin

its just like a recoil on a lawn mower just smaller..Hope your motor is not toast!
Old 10-27-2006, 10:46 PM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: bassproguy07

Ok Hammer wont start or pull, and I dont want to take the pullstart off due to lack of experience in working on them. WHAT DO I DO HELP!!
it's really hard to tell what's wrong from ur statement but try to check if the pull starter is jammed or it's flooded, remove the glowplug and turn ur boat upside down and start pulling ur starter..pull starter has only 4 bolts, as long as u don't take off the spring inside it's not a problem.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:49 PM
littlepiston
My Feedback: (12)

has anyone ha dthe hammer up to 45 MPH?
Old 10-28-2006, 09:14 AM
wave waker

ORIGINAL: littlepiston

has anyone ha dthe hammer up to 45 MPH?

i don't think so, that speed is just too much for this little thing, 30's mph maybe attainable...stock runs 20-25 mph.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:39 PM
oldschoolsdime92

what kind of fiberglass resin is the best for hull repair? I have alittle crack in the front of my hull from the stand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.