Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Unofficial Nitro Hammer Thread

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Unofficial Nitro Hammer Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 05:23 PM
dickson_racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Unofficial Nitro Hammer Thread

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

ORIGINAL: trucks r us

Does anyone know if The factory aquacraft .15 cooling head will fit on any other engine? Thanks!!!
It may fit an OS as they come from the same factory but the holes may have to be redrilled.
i will probaly fit because they are both the aquacraft engines are made by OS
Old 08-17-2010, 07:28 PM
coolguy1975

hi guys...first time posting here..have some ?'s..my gf just recently got a nitro hammer..she loves it.well loves it when we can run it for a time or two.anyways the ?'s lol..first off when we run it..itll run good at low to mid throttle...but when we give it more then mid..it stalls..why is it doing this? second the tank is crap lol..the spring on the top got bent out so far that it isnt putting any pressure down on the lid..what are other good tanks that will work for it?..or better yet whats a better tank that i can put on it without that stupid flip top lid?..and how would i mount it on the boat?..ok last but not least what are some not so much an arm and leg mods she can do to it to improve the performance? any help with these ?'s would be sooo much appreciated! thx a million take care guys
Old 08-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

It's lean on the high-speed needle so richen that one up..
Yes, the lid has been a reported problem on this boat. Some have made a gasket and placed in there or used something like a rubber band to hold it closed. You may be able to swap the tank out for one made by Sullivan Products, either a 4 or 6 ounce tank in the SS (Square Slant) style.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:33 PM
dicko

Some mods that you can do is to sharpen the outside leading edge of the turnfin, replace the prop with a metal one that has been sharpened, balanced and polished and replace the rudder for a metal one with a brass shear bolt. The plastic one snaps easily when you hit submerged objects. Another thing you can do is raise the trim tabs up so that they are level with the bottom of the hull or slightly above the bottom of the hull.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:11 AM
coolguy1975

thx alot appreciate the help so how far should i turn the high needle?..maybe an 1/8 of a turn?...also how would i mount the tank ur probably talking about?..ive heard on here if u raise the rudder bracket up so far so u lift the rudder out of the water a lil bit itll help as well...create less drag on the boat in other words..is that true?..and would an outdrive system be better to?..read that people have had good results from those..are they hard to install? if imgoing to buy an outdrive and install it in the hammer should i not even bother with raising the rudder any? any info would be of great help..thx
Old 08-18-2010, 12:17 AM
coolguy1975

ok thx..what are some good brass props that would work with the hammer? also what aluminum rudders do u suggest or would work with the hammer? is an outdrivesystemworth it to install on the hammer and would it give me better performance then how its set up now? one more thing would raising the rudder bracket and in turn raising the rudder out of the water more help in the running as ive read from others on this? thx alot man any help or info would be of great help
Old 08-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Ron Olson

There isn't a lot of room under the hull so the prop choices are limited. I think that the biggest prop we could put on was a 37mm so an Octura X-437 or X-637 would be it with a shim between the prop and shaft made from brass tubing. Otherwise an X-435 would be the one.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:29 PM
coolguy1975

hey ron..whats going on..got a few ?'s...after buying the sullivan ss 4 or 6 ounce fuel tank for the hammer how could i mount it on the boat?..also what kinda metal or brass props will work on the hammer?...and will they improve the performance any?
Old 09-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Ron Olson

I haven't worked on a NH since they first came out so I'm digging through the fog in my head.
There's a ton of reading but there is a Nitro Hammer thread somewhere in here, use hte search at the bottom of the screen to dig it up if you need to.
From what I remember, the biggest prop that you can put on the stock shaft is an Octura X-435 otherwise it'll hit the bottom. The boat is what it is and that's it. Simply put, it's a boat for beginners and not made to be a speed demon.
How to fit the tank in, I don't remember so if you find the NH thread that should give you some insight.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:56 AM
buggy fanatic
My Feedback: (16)

any body still running these old boats?i have 2 and a 3rd on the way.i love these old simple aquacraft boats.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:13 PM
Kelly OConnor

Question Nitro Hammer Pull Starter needed

I'm trying to fix up an AquaCraft Nitro Hammer .15 Cu In RC boat for my neighbor. This boat has never seen water and the the engine's never been run. They purchased the boat one christmas and over the years, the kids took it apart and lost several parts. I have managed to obtain everything except the pull starter. I need everything from the shaft out. The shaft is 8mm. The hole spacing of the housing is around 31-32mm. I realize this thread is really old but am hoping someone can tell me what other pull starter and one way bearing will fit this engine and or have one for sale. Thanks for reading in case anyone sees this!

Kelly
Old 06-09-2017, 07:55 PM
Ron Olson

I never mounted a Sullivan tank in a Nitro Hammer but they fit great in a CEN Racing Grey Thunder. It'd have to be what you can find out what will fit best in there. The SS (Square Slant) tanks seem to work better. Sullivan should have the tank sizes on their site.

Kelly, the .15 is a low-dollar O.S. but many other brands of pull-starters should also fit as a lot of them are alike.. Try the Sullivan Products site also as by using their Tiger Drive guide it will give you an idea of what other engine pull-starters are compatible.
BTW, sometimes one-way bearing repairs are really easy. I've shot a little oil or a squirt of nitro in them to get them to work again! It's been known to work for me.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Kelly OConnor

Originally Posted by Ron Olson
I never mounted a Sullivan tank in a Nitro Hammer but they fit great in a CEN Racing Grey Thunder. It'd have to be what you can find out what will fit best in there. The SS (Square Slant) tanks seem to work better. Sullivan should have the tank sizes on their site.

Kelly, the .15 is a low-dollar O.S. but many other brands of pull-starters should also fit as a lot of them are alike.. Try the Sullivan Products site also as by using their Tiger Drive guide it will give you an idea of what other engine pull-starters are compatible.
BTW, sometimes one-way bearing repairs are really easy. I've shot a little oil or a squirt of nitro in them to get them to work again! It's been known to work for me.
Ron, thanks for the reply. I really appreciate the information about the Tiger drive. This looks like the best way to go. The boat belongs to my neighbor who bought it for their kid when he was much younger. The boat was taken apart, parts lost including the pull starter. They have decided to see if I could get it going now that he's 20.